1. Anderson CF, Oukka M, Kuchroo VJ, Sacks D. CD4(+)CD25(-)Foxp3(-) Th1 cells are the source of IL-10-mediated immune suppression in chronic cutaneous leishmaniasis. J Exp Med 2007; 204:285-297.
2. Epidemiologic status of Leishmaniasis in Iran, Resistance and Health, Prevention and control of Disease. 2001; 6-13.
3. Choi BS, Kropf P. Evaluation of T cell responses in healing and nonhealing leishmaniasis reveals differences in T helper cell polarization ex vivo and in vitro. Parasite Immunol 2009; 31:199-209.
4. Reiner SL, Locksley RM. The regulation of immunity to Leishmania major. Ann Rev Immunol 1995; 13:151-177.
5. Mansueto P, Vitale G, Di Lorenzo G, Rini GB, Mansueto S, Cillari E. Immunopathology of Leishmania an update. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 2007; 20:435-445.
6. Alexander J, Bryson K. T helper 1/T helper 2 and Leishmaniasis: Paradox rather than Paradigm. Immunol Lett 2005; 99:17-23.
7. Castellano LR, Filho DC, Argiro L, Dessein H, Prato A, Dessein A,et al. Th1/Th2 immune responses are associated with active cutaneous Leishmaniasis and clinical cure is associated with strong interferon-gamma production. Hum Immunol 2009; 70:383-390.
8. Uzonna JE, Joyce KL, Scott P. Low Dose Leishmania major promotes a transient T helper cell type 2 response that is Down-regulated by Interferon gamma- producing CD8+ T cells. J Exp Med 2004; 199:1559-66.
9. Maurer M, Dandji B, Von Stebut E. What determines the Success or failure of intracellular cutaneous parasites? Lessons learned from Leishmaniasis. Med Microbial Immunol 2009; 198:137-46.
10. Scott P, Artis D, Uzonna J, Zaph C. The development of effectors and memory T cells in cutaneous leishmaniasis: the implications for vaccine development. Immunol Rev 2004; 201:318-338.
11. Chatelain R, Mauze S, Varkila K, Coffman RL.Leishmania major infection in interleukin-4 and interferon-gamma depleted mice. Parasite Immunol 1999; 21:423-431.
12. Ajdary S, Riazi-Rad F, Alimohammadian MH, Pakzad SR. Immune response to Leishmania antigen in anthroponotic cutaneous leishmaniasis. J Infect 2009; 59:139-143.
13. Ghosn SH, Kurban AK. Leishmaniasis and other protozoan infections. In: Wolff K, Goldsmith LA, Katz SI, Gilchrest BA, Paller AS, Leffell DJ, editors. Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology In General Medicine. New York: McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008.p. 2001-2011.
14. Meymandi S, Dabiri S, Shamsi-Maymandi M, Nikpour H, Kharazmi A. Immunophenotypic pattern and cytokine profiles of dry type cutaneous Leishmaniasis. Arch Iran Med 2009; 12:371-336.
15. Ajdary S, Alimohammadian MH, Eslami MB, Kemp K, Kharazmi A. Comparison of the immune profile of nonhealing cutaneous Leishmaniasis patients with those with active lesions and those who have recovered from infection. Infect Immun 2000; 68:1760-1314.