Ferezou I, Haiss F, Gentet LJ, Aronoff R, Weber B, Petersen CC. Spa
tiotemporal dynamics of cortical sensorimotor integration in behaving mice. Neuron 2007; 56:907-923.
3. ohansson RS, Cole KJ. Sensory-motor coordination during grasping and manipulative actions. Curr Opin Neurobiol 1992; 2:815- 823
4. Baron R, Maier C. Phantom limb pain: are cutaneous nociceptors and spinothalamic neurons involved in the signaling and maintenance of spontaneous and touch-evoked pain? A case report. Pain 1995; 60:223-228.
5. McMahon SB, Lewin GR, Wall PD. Central hyperexcitability triggered by noxious inputs. Curr Opin Neurobiol 1993; 3:602-610.
6. Katz DB, Simon SA, Moody A, Nicolelis MA. Simultaneous reorganization in thalamocortical ensembles evolves over several hr after perioral capsaicin injections. J Neurophysiol 1999; 82:963-977.
7. Nagy JI, Hunt SP, Iversen LL, Emson PC. Biochemical and anatomical observations on the degeneration of peptide-containing primary afferent neurons after neonatal capsaicin. Neuroscience 1981; 6:1923-1934.
8. Jimenez-Andrade JM, Bloom AP, Mantyh WG, Koewler NJ, Freeman KT, Delong D,
Capsaicin-sensitive sensory nerve fibers contribute to the generation and maintenance of skeletal fracture pain. Neuroscience 2009; 162:1244-1254.
9. Mannion RJ, Doubell TP, Coggeshall RE, Woolf CJ. Collateral sprouting of uninjured primary afferent A-fibers into the superficial dorsal horn of the adult rat spinal cord after topical capsaicin treatment to the sciatic nerve. J Neurosci 1996; 16:5189-5195.
10. Wall PD. The central consequences of the application of capsaicin to one peripheral nerve in adult rat. Acta Physiol Hung 1987; 69:275-286.
11. Pettit MJ, Schwark HD. Capsaicin-induced rapid receptive field reorganization in cuneate neurons. J Neurophysiol 1996; 75:1117- 1125.
12. Calford MB, Tweedale R. C-fibres provide a source of masking inhibition to primary somatosensory cortex. Proc Biol Sci 1991; 243:269-275.
13. Wu CC, Gonzalez MF. Neonatal capsaicin treatment (NCT) alters the metabolic activity of the rat somatosensory cortex in response to mechanical deflection of the mystacial vibrissae. Brain Res Dev Brain Res 1995; 87:62-68.
14. Chiang CY, Hu JW, Sessle BJ. NMDA receptor involvement in neuroplastic changes induced by neonatal capsaicin treatment in trigeminal nociceptive neurons. J Neurophysiol 1997; 78:2799-2803.
15. Toldi J, Joo F, Wolfe JR. Capsaicin differentially influences somatosensory cortical responses evoked by peripheral electrical or mechanical stimulation. Neuroscience 1992; 49:135-139.
icin on neurons in adult rat trigeminal nucleus principalis and subnucleus oralis. J Neurophysiol 1996; 75:298-310.
17. Ma QP, Woolf CJ. Progressive tactile hypersensitivity: an inflammation-induced incremental increase in the excitability of the spinal cord. Pain 1996; 67:97-106.
18. Sheibani V, Shamsizadeh A, Afarinesh MR, Rezvani ME. Neonatal capsaicin treatment modulates experience-dependent plasticity in the rat barrel cortex. J Comp Neurol 2010; 518:3427-3438.
19. Howlett DR, Richardson JC, Austin A, Parsons AA, Bate ST, Davies DC,
Cognitive correlates of Abeta deposition in male and female mice bearing amyloid precursor protein and presenilin-1 mutant transgenes. Brain Res 2004; 1017:130-136.
20. Okuda S, Roozendaal B, McGaugh JL. Glucocorticoid effects on object recognition memory require training-associated emotional arousal. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2004; 101:853-858.
21. Chuhan YS, Taukulis HK. Impairment of single-trial memory formation by oral methylphenidate in the rat. Neurobiol Learn Mem 2006; 85:125-131.
22. Aisa B, Tordera R, Lasheras B, Del Rio J, Ramirez MJ. Cognitive impairment associated to HPA axis hyperactivity after maternal separation in rats. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2007; 32:256-266.
23. Farazifard R, Kiani R, Noorbakhsh M, Esteky H. Effects of neonatal C-fiber depletion on the integration of paired-whisker inputs in rat barrel cortex. Exp Brain Res 2005; 162:115-121.
24. Kiani R, Farazifard R, Noorbakhsh SM, Esteky H. Effects of neonatal C-fiber depletion on discrimination of principal and adjacent whisker stimulation within rat individual cortical barrels. Brain Res 2004; 1015:129-135.
25. Kauppila T, Mohammadian P, Nielsen J, Andersen OK, Arendt- Nielsen L. Capsaicin-induced impairment of tactile spatial discrimination ability in man: indirect evidence for increased receptive fields in human nervous system. Brain Res 1998; 797:361-367.
26 Fan RJ, Kung JC, Olausson BA, Shyu BC. Nocifensive behaviors components evoked by brief laser pulses are mediated by C fibers. Physiol Behav 2009; 98:108-117.
27. Anand P, Bley K. Topical capsaicin for pain management: therapeutic potential and mechanisms of action of the new high-concentration capsaicin 8% patch. Br J Anaesth 2011; 107:490-502.
28. Sekine R, Satoh T, Takaoka A, Saeki K, Yokozeki H. Anti pruritic effects of topical crotamiton, capsaicin, and a corticosteroid on pruritogen-induced scratching behavior. Exp Dermatol 2012; 21:201-204.