1. Togha M, Karvigh SA, Nabavi M, Moghadam NB, Harirchian MH, Sahraian MA, et al. Simvastatin treatment in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis receiving interferon beta 1a: a double-blind randomized controlled trial. Mult Scler 2010; 16:848-854.
2. Yoshida H, Kimura A, Fukaya T, Sekiya T, Morita R, Shichita T, et al. Low dose CP-690,550 (tofacitinib), a pan-JAK inhibitor, accelerates the onset of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by potentiating Th17 differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2012 ; 418:234-240.
3. Steinman L, Zamvil SS. How to successfully apply animal studies in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis to research on multiple sclerosis. Ann Neurol 2006; 60:12-21.
4. Whitacre CC. Sex differences in autoimmune disease. Nat Immunol 2001; 2:777-780.
5. Bhathena SJ, Velasquez MT. Beneficial role of dietary phytoestrogens in obesity and diabetes. Am J Clin Nutr 2002; 76:1191-1201.
6. Khodaparast A, Sayyah M, Sardari S. Anticonvulsant activity of hydroalcoholic extract and aqueous fraction of ebenus stellata in Mice. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2012; 15:811-819.
7. Fatehi hasanabad Z, Jafarzadeh M, Fatehi M. The effects of genistein, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, on acute and diabetic mice chronic inflammation in iranian journal of basic medical sciences. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2004; 7:23-27.
8. De Paula ML, Rodrigues DH, Teixeira HC, Barsante MM, Souza MA, Ferreira AP. Genistein down-modulates pro-inflammatory cytokines and reverses clinical signs of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Int Immunopharmacol 2008; 8:1291-1297.
9. Castro SB, Junior CO, Alves CC, Dias AT, Alves LL, Mazzoccoli L, et al. Immunomodulatory effects and improved prognosis of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis after O-tetradecanoyl-genistein treatment. Int Immunopharmacol 2012; 12:465-470.
10. Kafami L, Raza M, Razavi A, Mirshafiey A, Movahedian M, Khorramizadeh MR. Intermittent feeding attenuates clinical course of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in C57BL/6 mice. Avicenna J Med Biotechnol 2010; 2:47.
11. Ghaemi A, Soleimanjahi H, Bamdad T, Soudi S, Arefeian E, Hashemi SM, et al. Induction of humoral and cellular immunity against latent HSV-1 infections by DNA immunization in BALB/c mice. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 2007; 30:197-210.
12. Ravindranath MH, Muthugounder S, Presser N, Viswanathan S. Anticancer therapeutic potential of soy isoflavone, genistein. Adv Exp Med Biol 2004; 546:121-165.
13. Costa O, Divoux D, Ischenko A, Tron F, Fontaine M. Optimization of an animal model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis achieved with a multiple MOG< sub> 35–55</sub> peptide in C57BL6/J strain of mice. J Autoimmun 2003; 20:51-61.
14. Oyebamiji AI, Finlay TM, Hough RM, Hoghooghi V, Lim E-MF, Wong CH, et al. Characterization of migration parameters on peripheral and central nervous system T cells following treatment of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis with CRYAB. J Neuroimmunol 2013; 259:66-74.
15. Sun D, Whitaker JN, Huang Z, Liu D, Coleclough C, Wekerle H, et al. Myelin antigen-specific CD8+ T cells are encephalitogenic and produce severe disease in C57BL/6 mice. J Immunol 2001; 166:7579-7587.
16. Tran EH, Prince EN, Owens T. IFN-gamma shapes immune invasion of the central nervous system via regulation of chemokines. J Immunol 2000; 164:2759-2768.
17. Olsson T, Zhi WW, Hojeberg B, Kostulas V, Jiang YP, Anderson G, et al. Autoreactive T lymphocytes in multiple sclerosis determined by antigen-induced secretion of interferon-gamma. J Clin Invest 1990; 86:981-985.
18. Panitch HS, Hirsch RL, Schindler J, Johnson KP. Treatment of multiple sclerosis with gamma interferon: exacerbations associated with activation of the immune system. Neurology 1987; 37:1097-10102.
19. Samoilova EB, Horton JL, Hilliard B, Liu TS, Chen Y. IL-6-deficient mice are resistant to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: roles of IL-6 in the activation and differentiation of autoreactive T cells. J Immunol 1998; 161:6480-6486.
20. Bettelli E, Das MP, Howard ED, Weiner HL, Sobel RA, Kuchroo VK. IL-10 is critical in the regulation of autoimmune encephalomyelitis as demonstrated by studies of IL-10- and IL-4-deficient and transgenic mice. J Immunol 1998; 161:3299-3306.
21. Rieckmann P, Albrecht M, Kitze B, Weber T, Tumani H, Broocks A, et al. Cytokine mRNA levels in mononuclear blood cells from patients with multiple sclerosis. Neurology 1994; 44:1523-1526.
22. Balashov KE, Olek MJ, Smith DR, Khoury SJ, Weiner HL. Seasonal variation of interferon-gamma production in progressive multiple sclerosis. Ann Neurol 1998; 44:824-828.
23. Bright JJ, Musuro BF, Du C, Sriram S. Expression of IL-12 in CNS and lymphoid organs of mice with experimental allergic encephalitis. J Neuroimmunol 1998; 82:22-30.
24. van Boxel-Dezaire AH, Hoff SC, van Oosten BW, Verweij CL, Drager AM, Ader HJ, et al. Decreased interleukin-10 and increased interleukin-12p40 mRNA are associated with disease activity and characterize different disease stages in multiple sclerosis. Ann Neurol 1999; 45:695-703.