1. Dechanet C, Anahory T, Mathieu Daude JC, Quantin X, Reyftmann L, Hamamah S, et al. Effects of cigarette smoking on reproduction. Hum Reprod Update 2011; 17:76-95.
2. Soares S. Cigarette smoking and fertility. Reproductive Biology Insights. 2009; 2:39-49.
3. Zenzes MT. Smoking and reproduction: gene damage to human gametes and embryos. Hum Reprod Update 2000; 6:122-131.
4. Gruber I, Just A, Birner M, Lösch A. Effect of a woman's smoking status on oocyte, zygote, and day 3 pre-embryo quality in in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer program. Fertil Steril 2008; 90:1249-1252.
5. Wright KP, Trimarchi JR, Allsworth J, Keefe D. The effect of female tobacco smoking on IVF outcomes. Hum Reprod 2006; 21:2930-2934.
6. Bordel R, Laschke MW, Menger MD, Vollmar B. Nicotine does not affect vascularization but inhibits growth of freely transplanted ovarian follicles by inducing granulosa cell apoptosis. Hum Reprod 2006; 21 :610-617.
7. Yang HW, Hwang KJ, Kwon HC, Kim HS, Choi KW, Oh KS. Detection of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and apoptosis in human fragmented embryos. Hum Reprod 1998; 13:998-1002.
8. Tarín JJ, Pérez-Albalá S, Cano A. Oral antioxidants counteract the negative effects of female aging on oocyte quantity and quality in the mouse. Mol Reprod Dev 2002; 61:385-397.
9. Mokhtar N, Rajikin M, Zakaria Z. Role of tocotrienol-rich palm vitamin E on pregnancy and preim plantation embryos in nicotine-treated rats. Biomed Res 2009; 19:181-184.
10. Sinkó I, Mórocz M, Zádori J, Kokavszky K, Raskó I. Effect of cigarette smoking on DNA damage of human cumulus cells analyzed by comet assay. Reprod Toxicol 2005; 20:65-71.
11. Gruslin A, Qiu Q, Tsang BK. Influence of maternal smoking on trophoblast apoptosis throughout development: possible involvement of Xiap regulation. Biol Reprod 2001; 65:1164-1169.
12. Rajikin MH, Latif ES, Mar MR, Mat Top AG, Mokhtar NM. Deleterious effects of nicotine on the ultrastructure of oocytes: role of gamma-tocotrienol. Med Sci Monit 2009; 15:BR378-383.
13. Liu Y, Li GP, White KL, Rickords LF, Sessions BR, Aston KI, et al. Nicotine alters bovine oocyte meiosis and affects subsequent embryonic development. Mol Reprod Dev 2007; 74:1473-1482.
14. Jennings PC, Merriman JA, Beckett EL, Hansbro PM, Jones KT. Increased zona pellucida thickness and meiotic spindle disruption in oocytes from cigarette smoking mice. Hum Reprod 2011; 26:878-884.
15. Hassa H, Gurer F, Tanir HM, Kaya M, Gunduz NB, Sariboyaci AE, et al. Effect of cigarette smoke and alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E) on fertilization, cleavage, and embryo development rates in mice: an experimental in vitro fertilization mice model study. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2007; 135:177-182.