1. Xue H, Zheng J, Cui Z, Bai X, Li G, Zhang C, et al. Low-intensity pulsed ultrasound accelerates tooth movement via activation of the BMP-2 signaling pathway. PLoS One 2013; 8:e68926.
2. Yan ZQ, He WL, Zou SJ. Research progress on effect of low-level laser therapy during orthodontic tooth movement (in Chinese). Int J Stomatol 2014; 41:169-171.
3. Ekizer A, Uysal T, Güray E, Akkuş D. Effect of LED-mediated-photobiomodulation therapy on orthodontic tooth movement and root resorption in rats. Lasers Med Sci 2015; 30:779-785.
4. Li F, Li G, Hu H, Liu R, Chen J, Zou S. Effect of parathyroid hormone on experimental tooth movement in rats. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2013; 144:523-532.
5. Jin SD, Zheng R, Wu LP, Yang DH. Effect of puerarin on rabbit periodontal tissue remodeling (in Chinese). Chinese J Tissue Eng Res 2012; 16:7853-7856.
6. Chen F, Wang XX, Zhou YL, Li T, Zhang J. A comparative study about the effects of salvia miltiorrhiza and drynaria on the orthodontic tooth movement (in Chinese). Oral Biomed 2012; 3:17-29.
7. Mei YS, Jia YL, Zhang LN, Jin SM, Zhang J. Effect of Dipsacaceae and Salvia on orthodontic teeth movement (in Chinese). J Shandong Univ (Health Sci) 2010; 48:60-64.
8. Zhang WJ, Lin XF, Ai BY, Zhang J. The effect of Salvia on alveolar bone remodeling in rat orthodontic tooth model (in Chinese). Shandong J Trad Chinese Med 2011; 30:569-570.
9. Chen F, Wang XX, Zhou YL, Li T, Zhang J. A comparative study about the effects of Salvia miltiorrhiza and drynaria on the orthodontic tooth movement. Oral Biomed 2012; 3:16-28.
10. Ding Y, Chen H, Xu RS. The study of Salvia on accelerating orthodontic tooth movement. Stomatology 1995; 15:120.
11. Wang Y, Wang XX, Zhang LN, Jin SM, Zhang J. Effects of traditional Chinese medicine on bone remodeling during orthodontic tooth movement. J Ethnopharmacol 2012; 141:642-646.
12. Zhang JL, Cui M, He Y, Yu HL, Guo DA. Chemical fingerprint and metabolic fingerprint analysis of Danshen injection by HPLC-UV and HPLC-MS methods. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2005; 36:1029-1035.
13. Ren Y, Maltha JC, Kuijpers-Jagtman AM. The rat as a model for orthodontic tooth movement--a critical review and a proposed solution. Eur J Orthod 2004; 26:483-490.
14. Yamaguchi M. RANK/RANKL/OPG during orthodontic tooth movement. Orthod Craniofac Res 2009; 12:113-119.
15. Noxon SJ, King GJ, Gu G, Huang G. Osteoclast clearance from periodontal tissues during orthodontic tooth movement. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2001; 120:466-476.
16. Storey E. The nature of tooth movement. Am J Orthod 1973; 63:292-314.
17. Krishnan V, Davidovitch Z. Cellular, molecular, and tissue-level reactions to orthodontic force. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2006; 129:469.e1-32.
18. Anderson DM, Maraskovsky E, Billingsley WL, Dougall WC, Tometsko ME, Roux ER, et al. A homologue of the TNF receptor and its ligand enhance T-cell growth and dendritic-cell function. Nature 1997; 390:175-179.
19. Wong BR, Rho J, Arron J, Robinson E, Orlinick J, Chao M, et al. TRANCE is a novel ligand of the tumor necrosis factor receptor family that activates c-jun N-terminal kinase in T cells. J Biol Chem 1997; 272:25190-25194.
20. Yasuda H, Shima N, Nakagawa N, Mochizuki SI, Yano K, Fujise N, et al. Identity of osteoclastogenesis inhibitory factor (OCIF) and osteoprotegerin (OPG): a mechanism by which OPG/OCIF inhibits osteoclastogenesis in vitro. Endocrinology 1998; 139:1329-1337.
21. Lacey DL, Timms E, Tan HL, Kelley MJ, Dunstan CR, Burgess T, et al. Osteoprotegerin ligand is a cytokine that regulates osteoclast differentiation and activation. Cell 1998; 93:165-176.
22. Hofbauer LC, Khosla S, Dunstan CR, Lacey DL, Boyle WJ, Riggs BL. The roles of osteoprotegerin and osteoprotegerin ligand in the paracrine regulation of bone resorption. J Bone Miner Res 2000; 15:2-12.
23. Morony S, Capparelli C, Lee R, Shimamoto G, Boone T, Lacey DL, et al. A chimeric form of osteoprotegerin inhibits hypercalcemia and bone resorption induced by IL-1beta, TNF-alpha, PTH, PTHrP, and 1, 25(OH)2D3. J Bone Miner Res 1999; 14:1478-1485.
24. Simonet WS, Lacey DL, Dunstan CR, Kelley M, Chang MS, Lüthy R, et al. Osteoprotegerin: a novel secreted protein involved in the regulation of bone density. Cell 1997; 89:309-319.
25. Yasuda H, Shima N, Nakagawa N, Yamaguchi K, Kinosaki M, Mochizuki S, et al. Osteoclast differen-tiation factor is a ligand for osteoprotegerin/-osteoclastogenesis-inhibitory factor and is identical to TRANCE/RANKL. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1998; 95:3597-3602.
26. Theill LE, Boyle WJ, Penninger JM. RANK-L and RANK: T cells, bone loss, and mammalian evolution. Annu Rev Immunol 2002; 20:795-823.
27. Schoppet M, Preissner KT, Hofbauer LC. RANK ligand and osteoprotegerin: paracrine regulators of bone metabolism and vascular function. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2002; 22:549-553.
28. Kwak HB, Yang D, Ha H, Lee JH, Kim HN, Woo ER, et al. Tanshinone IIA inhibits osteoclast differentiation through down-regulation of c-Fos and NFATc1. Exp Mol Med 2006; 38:256-264.
29. Kim HH, Kim JH, Kwak HB, Huang H, Han SH, Ha H, et al. Inhibition of osteoclast differentiation and bone resorption by tanshinone IIA isolated from Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge. Biochem Pharmacol 2004; 67:1647-1656.
30. Nimeri G, Kau CH, Abou-Kheir NS, Corona R. Acceleration of tooth movement during orthodontic treatment--a frontier in orthodontics. Prog Orthod 2013; 14:42.
31. Boyce BF, Xing L. Functions of RANKL/RANK/OPG in bone modeling and remodeling. Arch Biochem Biophys 2008; 473:139-146.