1. Skała E, Sitarek P, Różalski M, Krajewska U, Szemraj J,Wysokińska H, et al. Antioxidant and DNA repair stimulating effect of extracts from transformed and normal roots of Rhaponticum carthamoides against induced oxidative stress and DNA damage in cho cells. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016; 2016.
2. Kang JS, Kim DJ, Kim GY, Cha HJ, Kim S, Kim HS, et al. Ethanol extract of Prunus mume fruit attenuates hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis involving nrf2/ho-1 activation in c2c12 myoblasts. Rev Bras Farmacogn 2016; 26: 184-190.
3. Ehtesham-Gharaee M, Eshaghi A,Shojaee S, Asili J, Emami S.A, Behravan J, et al. Protective effects of Scutellaria lindbergii root extract against oxidative-induced cell and DNA damage in mouse fibroblast-like cells. Drug Chem Toxicol 2015; 38: 293-299.
4. Arora M, Mahat R.K, Kumar S, Tyagi S, Batra J. Oxidative stress and its relation to glycemic control in patients of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Int J Med Sci Public Health 2016; 5: 1173-1177.
5. Sghaier M.B, Ismail M.B, Bouhlel I, Ghedira K, Chekir-Ghedira L. Leaf extracts from Teucrium ramosissimum protect against DNA damage in human lymphoblast cell k562 and enhance antioxidant, antigenotoxic and antiproliferative activity. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2016;44: 44-52.
6. Mahdi-Pour B, Jothy S.L, Latha L.Y, Chen Y, Sasidharan S. Antioxidant activity of methanol extracts of different parts of Lantana camara. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed 2012; 2:960-965.
7. Sahin H. Honey as an apitherapic product: Its inhibitory effect on urease and xanthine oxidase. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 2016; 31:490-494.
8. SabahiZ, Khoshnood-Mansoorkhani M J, Rahmani Namadi S, Moein M. Antidiabetic and synergistic effects of anthocyanin fraction from Berberis integerrima fruit on streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats model. Tips 2016; 2(1): 43-50.
9. Ashraf H, Heidari R, Nejati V. Antihyperglycemic and antihyperlipidemic effects of fruit aqueous extract of Berberis integerrima Bge. in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. IJPR 2014; 13:1313-1318.
10. Moein S, Moein M. Relationship between antioxidant properties and phenolics in Zhumeria majdae. J Med Plant Res 2010; 4: 517-521.
11. Moein M, Moein S, Ahmadizadeh, S. Radical scavenging and reducing power of Salvia mirzayanii subfractions. Molecules 2008; 13: 2804-2813.
12. Hossain M, Barry-Ryan C, Martin-Diana A.B, Brunton N. Effect of drying method on the antioxidant capacity of six lamiaceae herbs. Food Chem 2010;123: 85-91.
13. Olsen E, Hansen E, Isaksson J, Isaksson J, Andersen J. Cellular antioxidant effect of four bromophenols from the red algae, Vertebrata lanosa. Mar Drugs 2013; 11:2769-2784.
14. Berboucha M, Ayouni K, Atmani D, Benboubetra M. Kinetic study on the inhibition of xanthine oxidase by extracts from two selected Algerian plants traditionally used for the treatment of inflammatory diseases. J Med Food 2010; 13: 896-904.
16. Carlson RV, Boyd KM, Webb D. The Revision of
the Declaration of Helsinki: past, present and future. Brit J Clin Pharmacol 2004;57:695–713.
17. Singh N.P, McCoy M.T, Tice R.R, Schneider E.L. A simple technique for quantitation of low levels of DNA damage in individual cells. Exp Cell Res 1988; 175: 184-191.
18. Collins A.R, Duthie S.J, Dobson V.L. Direct enzymic detection of endogenous oxidative base damage in human lymphocyte DNA. Carcinoge 1993; 14:1733-1735.
19. Mellado-Ortega E, Zabalgogeazcoa I, de Aldana BRV, Arellano JB. Solutions to decrease a systematic error related to aaph addition in the fluorescence-based orac assay. Anal Biochem 2017; 519: 27-29.
20. Park JH, Lee M, Park E. Antioxidant activity of orange flesh and peel extracted with various solvents. Prev Nutr Food Sci 2014; 19: 291-298.
21. Zhang X-D, Yi X, Zhang T, Jun-Jiang L. Assessing plant antioxidants by cellular antioxidant activity assay based on microfluidic cell chip with arrayed microchannels. Chin J Anal Chem 2016; 44:604-609.
22. Mashino T, Takigawa Y, Saito N, Wong L Q, Mochizuki M. Antioxidant activity and xanthine oxidase inhibition activity of reductic acid: ascorbic acid analogue. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2000; 10:2783-2785.
23. Vitale RM, Antenucci L, Gavagnin M, Raimo G, Amodeo P. Structure-activity relationships of fraxamoside as an unusual xanthine oxidase inhibitor. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 2017; 32:345-354.
24. Berboucha M, Ayouni K, Atmani D, Atmani D, Benboubetra M. Kinetic study on the inhibition of xanthine oxidase by extracts from two selected algerian plants traditionally used or the treatment of inflammatory diseases. J Med Food 2010; 13: 896-904.
25. Kostić D A, Dimitrijević D S, Stojanović G S, Palić I R, Đorđević, A S, Ickovski J D. Xanthine oxidase: isolation, assays of activity, and inhibition. J Chem 2015, 2015:1-8.
26. Azqueta A, Collins A. Polyphenols and DNA damage: A mixed blessing. Nutr 2016; 3:8.
27. Winterbourn C.C. Reconciling the chemistry and biology of reactive oxygen species. Nat Chem Biol 2008; 4: 278-286.
28. Ostling O, Johanson K.J. Microelectrophoretic study of radiation-induced DNA damages in individual mammalian cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1984; 123: 291-298.
29. Ashraf H, Heidari R, Nejati V, Ilkhanipoor M. Effects of aqueous extract of Berberis integerrima root on some physiological parameters in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. IJPR 2013;12: 425-434.
30. Mokhber-Dezfuli N, Saeidnia S, Gohari A.R, Kurepaz-Mahmoodabadi M. Phytochemistry and pharmacology of berberis species. Pharmacogn Rev 2014 ;8:8-15.
31. Kich D.M, Bitencourt S, Caye B, Faleiro D, Alves C, Silva J, et al. Lymphocyte genotoxicity and protective effect of Calyptranthes tricona (myrtaceae) against H2O2-induced cell death in MCF-7 cells. Mol Cell Biochem 2017; 424: 35-43.
32. da Costa Lopes A.M, Brenner M, Falé P, Roseiro L.B, Bogel-Łukasik R. Extraction and purification of phenolic compounds from lignocellulosic biomass assisted by ionic liquid, polymeric resins, and supercritical CO2. ACS SustainChem Engin 2016; 4: 3357-3367.
33. Rezaeian S, Pourianfar H.R, Janpoor J. Antioxidant properties of several medicinal plants growing wild in northeastern iran. Asian J Plant Sci Res 2015; 5: 63-68.
34. Charehsaz M, Sipahi H, Celep E, Üstündağ A, Ülker Ö.C, Duydu Y, et al. The fruit extract of berberis crataegina dc: Exerts potent antioxidant activity and protects DNA integrity. DARU 2015; 23:24.
35. Farideh S, Poorakbar L. The survey of antioxidant properties of phenolic compounds in fresh and dry hybrid barberry fruits (Berberis integerrima× vulgaris). Cumhuriyet Sci J 2015; 36: 1609-1617.
36. Senevirathne M, Kim S-H, Jeon Y-J. Protective effect of enzymatic hydrolysates from highbush blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum l.) against hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative damage in chinese hamster lung fibroblast cell line. Nutr Res Pract 2010;4:183-190.
37. Bräunlich M, Slimestad R, Wangensteen H, Brede C, Malterud K E, Barsett H. Extracts, anthocyanins and procyanidins from Aronia melanocarpa as radical scavengers and enzyme inhibitors. Nutr 2013; 5: 663-678.
38. Balasundram N, Sundram K, Samman S. Phenolic compounds in plants and agr-industrial by-products: Antioxidant activity, occurrence, and potential uses. Food chem 2006; 99: 191-203.
39. Dai J, Mumper R.J. Plant phenolics: Extraction, analysis and their antioxidant and anticancer properties. Molecules 2010; 15:7313-7352.
40. Fredotović Ž, Šprung M, Soldo B, Ljubenkov I, Budić-Leto I, Bilušić T, et al. Chemical Composition and Biological Activity of Allium cepa L. and Allium × cornutum (Clementi ex Visiani 1842) Methanolic Extracts. Molecules 2017;22:448.