1. Roh J-L, Kim EH, Jang H, Shin D. Aspirin plus sorafenib potentiates cisplatin cytotoxicity in resistant head and neck cancer cells through xCT inhibition. Free Radical Biol Med 2017; 104:1-9.
2. Fouad AA, Qutub HO, Fouad AEA, Audeh AM, Al-Melhim WN. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate counters cisplatin toxicity of rat testes. Pharm Biol 2017; 55:1710-1714.
3. Ghobadi E, Moloudizargari M, Asghari MH, Abdollahi M. The mechanisms of cyclophosphamide-induced testicular toxicity and the protective agents. Expert Opin Drug Met 2017; 13:525-539.
4. Hamza A, Elwy H, Badawi A. Fenugreek seed extract attenuates cisplatin‐induced testicular damage in wistar rats. Andrologia 2016; 48:211-221.
5. Kaya K, Ciftci O, Cetin A, Doğan H, Başak N. Hesperidin protects testicular and spermatological damages induced by cisplatin in rats. Andrologia 2015; 47:793-800.
6. Salem EA, Salem NA, Maarouf AM, Serefoglu EC, Hellstrom WJ. Selenium and lycopene attenuate cisplatin-induced testicular toxicity associated with oxidative stress in wistar rats. Urology 2012; 79:1184-1186.
7. Attyah AM, Ismail SH. Protective effect of ginger extract against cisplatin-Induced hepatotoxicity and cardiotoxicity in rats. Iraqi J Pharm Sci 2017; 21:27-33.
8. Aksu E, Kandemir F, Özkaraca M, Ömür A, Küçükler S, Çomaklı S. Rutin ameliorates cisplatin‐induced reproductive damage via suppression of oxidative stress and apoptosis in adult male rats. Andrologia 2017; 49: 1-8.
9. Hosseinzadeh H, Ramezani M, Salmani G-a. Antinociceptive, anti-inflammatory and acute toxicity effects of Zataria multiflora boiss extracts in mice and rats. J ethnopharmacol 2000; 73:379-385.
10. Alizadeh NS, Khoei EM, Fazelimanesh M, Astaneh A. Antibacterial effects of Zataria multiflora Boiss (shirazi avishan extract) on urinary tract escherichia coli infections. Res J Biol Sci 2009; 4:891-894.
11. Norooznezhad AH, Keshavarz M, Norooznezhad F, Mansouri K. Inhibition of angiogenesis: A Novel effect of Zataria multiflora. Int J Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Res 2017; 11:96-101.
12. Nakhai LA, Mohammadirad A, Yasa N, Minaie B, Nikfar S, Ghazanfari G, et al. Benefits of Zataria multiflora Boiss in experimental model of mouse inflammatory bowel disease. Evid-Based Compl Alt 2007; 4:43-50.
13. Hosseinimehr SJ, Mahmoudzadeh A, Ahmadi A, Ashrafi SA, Shafaghati N, Hedayati N. The radioprotective effect of Zataria multiflora against genotoxicity induced by γ irradiation in human blood lymphocytes. Cancer Biother Radio 2011; 26:325-329.
14. Hosseinimehr SJ, Ahmadashrafi S, Naghshvar F, Ahmadi A, Ehasnalavi S, Tanha M. Chemoprotective effects of Zataria multiflora against genotoxicity induced by cyclophosphamide in mice bone marrow cells. Integr Cancer Ther 2010; 9:219-223.
15. Minaiyan M, Ghannadi A, Salehi E. Antiulcerogenic effect of Zataria multiflora Boiss. on cysteamine induced duodenal ulcer in rats. Iran J pharm Sci 2005; 1:223-229.
16. Shomali T, Raeesi M, Eskandari-Roozbahani N. Zataria multiflora Boiss. essential oil against ethanol-induced gastric ulcer in rats by antioxidant properties and increase in nitric oxide production. J HerbMed Pharmacol 2016; 5:143-148.
17. Sharififar F, Moshafi M, Mansouri S, Khodashenas M, Khoshnoodi M. In vitro evaluation of antibacterial and antioxidant activities of the essential oil and methanol extract of endemic Zataria multiflora Boiss. Food control 2007; 18:800-805.
18. Mahboubi M, Bidgoli FG. Antistaphylococcal activity of Zataria multiflora essential oil and its synergy with vancomycin. Phytomedicine 2010; 17:548-550.
19. Sajed H, Sahebkar A, Iranshahi M. Zataria multiflora Boiss.(shirazi thyme)—an ancient condiment with modern pharmaceutical uses. J ethnopharmacol 2013; 145:686-698.
20. Kruk I, Michalska T, Lichszteld K, Kładna A, Aboul-Enein HY. The effect of thymol and its derivatives on reactions generating reactive oxygen species. Chemosphere 2000; 41:1059-1064.
21. Arab H-A, Fathi M, Mortezai E, Hosseinimehr SJ. Chemoprotective effect of thymol against genotoxicity induced by bleomycin in human lymphocytes. Pharm Biomed Res 2015; 1:26-31.
22. Aghamohammadi A, Azadbakht M, Hosseinimehr SJ. Quantification of thymol content in different extracts of zataria multiflora by HPLC method. Pharm Biomed Res 2016; 2:8-13.
23. Aghamohammadi A, Hosseinimehr SJ, Ghasemi A, Azadbakht M, Pourfallah TA. Radiosensitization effects of a zataria multiflora extract on human glioblastoma cells. Asian Pac J Cancer P 2015; 16:7285-7290.
24. Soni KK, Kim HK, Choi BR, Karna KK, You JH, Cha JS, et al. Dose-dependent effects of cisplatin on the severity of testicular injury in sprague dawley rats: reactive oxygen species and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Drug Des Dev Ther 2016; 10:3959-3968.
25. Fathi H, Ebrahimzadeh MA, Ziar A, Mohammadi H. Oxidative damage induced by retching; antiemetic and neuroprotective role of Sambucus ebulus L. Cell Biol Toxicol 2015; 31:231-239.
26. Bradford MM. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal Biochem 1976; 72:248-254.
27. Hamzeh M, TalebpourAmiri F, Hosseinimehr SJ. Toxic effect of cerium oxide nanoparticles on mice testis. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2018; 27:35-48.
28. Mirhoseini M, Amiri FT, Malekshah AAK, Gatabi ZR, Ghaffari E. Protective effects of melatonin on testis histology following acute torsion-detorsion in rats. Int J Reprod Biomed 2017; 15:141-146.
29. Naeimi RA, Amiri FT, Khalatbary AR, Ghasemi A, Zargari M, Ghesemi M, et al. Atorvastatin mitigates testicular injuries induced by ionizing radiation in mice. Reprod Toxicol 2017; 72:115-121.
30. Dogantekin A, Gurel A, Ustundag B, Ilhan S, Elkiran ET. Oxidative stress and antioxidant parameters in neutropenic patients secondary to chemotherapy. Pak J med Sci 2016; 32:309-313.
31. Saei-Dehkordi SS, Tajik H, Moradi M, Khalighi-Sigaroodi F. Chemical composition of essential oils in Zataria multiflora Boiss. from different parts of Iran and their radical scavenging and antimicrobial activity. Food Chem Toxicol 2010; 48:1562-1567.
32. EL-Sayed EM, Abd-Allah AR, Mansour AM, EL-Arabey AA. Thymol and carvacrol prevent cisplatin‐induced nephrotoxicity by abrogation of oxidative stress, inflammation, and apoptosis in rats. J Biochem Mol Toxic 2015; 29:165-172.
33. El‐Sayed ESM, Mansour AM, Abdul‐Hameed MS. Thymol and carvacrol prevent doxorubicin‐induced cardiotoxicity by abrogation of oxidative stress, inflammation, and apoptosis in rats. J Biochem Mol Toxic 2016; 30:37-44.
34. Peng Y, Zhang H, Liu R, Mine Y, McCallum J, Kirby C, et al. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of pyranoanthocyanins and other polyphenols from staghorn sumac (rhus hirta L.) in caco-2 cell models. J Funct Foods 2016; 20:139-147.
35. Boskabady MH, Gholami Mhtaj L. Effect of the Zataria multiflora on systemic inflammation of experimental animals model of COPD. Biomed Res Int 2014; 2014:1-9.
36. Dai W, Sun C, Huang S, Zhou Q. Carvacrol suppresses proliferation and invasion in human oral squamous cell carcinoma. OncoTargets Ther 2016; 9:2297-2304.
37. Aksu EH, Kandemir FM, Altun S, Küçükler S, Çomaklı S, Ömür AD. Ameliorative effect of carvacrol on cisplatin‐Induced reproductive damage in male rats. J Biochem Mol Toxic 2016; 30:513-520.
38. Hosseinimehr SJ, Asadian R, Naghshvar F, Azizi S, Jafarinejad M, Noaparast Z, et al. Protective effects of thymol against nephrotoxicity induced by cisplatin with using 99mTc-DMSA in mice. Renal Failure 2015; 37:280-284.
39. Saral S, Ozcelik E, Cetin A, Saral O, Basak N, Aydın M, et al. Protective role of diospyros lotus on cisplatin‐induced changes in sperm characteristics, testicular damage and oxidative stress in rats. Andrologia 2016; 48:308-317.
40. Heeba GH, Hamza AA, Hassanin SO. Induction of heme oxygenase-1 with hemin alleviates cisplatin-induced reproductive toxicity in male rats and enhances its cytotoxicity in prostate cancer cell line. Toxicol Lett 2016; 264:38-50.
41. de Souza Predes F, Diamante MAS, Dolder H. Testis response to low doses of cadmium in Wistar rats. Int J Exp Pathol 2010; 91:125-131.
42. Cherry SM, Hunt PA, Hassold TJ. Cisplatin disrupts mammalian spermatogenesis, but does not affect recombination or chromosome segregation. Mutat Res-Gen Tox En 2004; 564:115-128.
43. Türk G, Ateşşahin A, Sönmez M, Çeribaşi AO, Yüce A. Improvement of cisplatin-induced injuries to sperm quality, the oxidant-antioxidant system, and the histologic structure of the rat testis by ellagic acid. Fertil Steril 2008; 89:1474-1481.
44. Türk G, Sönmez M, Aydin M, Yüce A, Gür S, Yüksel M, et al. Effects of pomegranate juice consumption on sperm quality, spermatogenic cell density, antioxidant activity and testosterone level in male rats. Clin Nutr 2008; 27:289-296.
45. Amin A, Hamza AA. Effects of Roselle and ginger on cisplatin‐induced reproductive toxicity in rats. Asian J Androl 2006; 8:607-612.
46. Aitken RJ, Wingate JK, De Iuliis GN, Koppers AJ, McLaughlin EA. Cis-unsaturated fatty acids stimulate reactive oxygen species generation and lipid peroxidation in human spermatozoa. J Clin Endocr Metab 2006; 91:4154-4163.
47. Gach K, Długosz A, Janecka A. The role of oxidative stress in anticancer activity of sesquiterpene lactones. N-S Arch Pharmacol 2015; 388:477-486.
48. Bragado P, Armesilla A, Silva A, Porras A. Apoptosis by cisplatin requires p53 mediated p38α MAPK activation through ROS generation. Apoptosis 2007; 12:1733-1742.
49. Saral S, Ozcelik E, Cetin A, Saral O, Basak N, Aydın M, et al. Protective role of diospyros lotus on cisplatin‐induced changes in sperm characteristics, testicular damage and oxidative stress in rats. Andrologia 2015; 48:308-317. 2015.
50. Asselin E, Mills GB, Tsang BK. XIAP regulates akt activity and caspase-3-dependent cleavage during cisplatin-induced apoptosis in human ovarian epithelial cancer cells. Cancer Res 2001; 61:1862-1868.