1. Ohl F, Fuchs E. Differential effects of chronic stress on memory processes in the tree shrew. Cogn Brain Res 1999; 7:379-387.
2. Azarfarin M, Farajdokht F, Babri S, Salehpour F, Taghizadeh M, Mohaddes G. Effects of troxerutin on anxiety-and depressive-like behaviors induced by chronic mild stress in adult male rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2018; 21:781-786.
3. Woolley C, Gould E, McEwen B. Exposure to excess glucocorticoids alters dendritic morphology of adult hippocampal pyramidal neurons. Brain Res 1990; 531:225-231.
4. Cohen S, Janicki-Deverts D, Doyle WJ, Miller GE, Frank E, Rabin BS, et al. Chronic stress, glucocorticoid receptor resistance, inflammation, and disease risk. Proc Natl Acad Sci 2012; 109:5995-5999.
5. Mizoguchi K, Ishige A, Aburada M, Tabira T. Chronic stress attenuates glucocorticoid negative feedback: involvement of the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus. Neuroscience 2003; 119:887-897.
6. McEwen BS. Protection and damage from acute and chronic stress: allostasis and allostatic overload and relevance to the pathophysiology of psychiatric disorders. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2004; 1032:1-7.
7. Chrousos GP, Gold PW. The concepts of stress and stress system disorders: overview of physical and behavioral homeostasis. JAMA 1992; 267:1244-1252.
8. Conrad CD, Galea LA, Kuroda Y, McEwen BS. Chronic stress impairs rat spatial memory on the Y maze, and this effect is blocked by tianeptine treatment. Behav Neurosci 1996; 110:1321.
9. Goldman-Rakic PS. Regional and cellular fractionation of working memory. Proc Natl Acad Sci 1996; 93:13473-13480.
10. Ghadrdoost B, Vafaei AA, Rashidy-Pour A, Hajisoltani R, Bandegi AR, Motamedi F, et al. Protective effects of saffron extract and its active constituent crocin against oxidative stress and spatial learning and memory deficits induced by chronic stress in rats. Eur J Pharmacol 2011; 667:222-229.
11. Lin W-H, Kuo H-H, Ho L-H, Tseng M-L, Siao A-C, Hung C-T, et al. Gardenia jasminoides extracts and gallic acid inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation by suppression of JNK2/1 signaling pathways in BV-2 cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2015; 18:555-562.
12. Mansouri MT, Farbood Y, Sameri MJ, Sarkaki A, Naghizadeh
B, Rafeirad M. Neuroprotective effects of oral gallic acid against oxidative stress induced by 6-hydroxydopamine in rats. Food Chem 2013; 138:1028-1033.
13. Kim MJ, Seong AR, Yoo JY, Jin CH, Lee YH, Kim YJ, et al. Gallic acid, a histone acetyltransferase inhibitor, suppresses β‐amyloid neurotoxicity by inhibiting microglial‐mediated neuroinflammation. Mol Nutr Food Res 2011; 55:1798-1808.
14. Mansouri MT, Naghizadeh B, Ghorbanzadeh B, Farbood Y, Sarkaki A, Bavarsad K. Gallic acid prevents memory deficits and oxidative stress induced by intracerebroventricular injection of streptozotocin in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2013; 111:90-96.
15. Korani MS, Farbood Y, Sarkaki A, Moghaddam HF, Mansouri MT. Protective effects of gallic acid against chronic cerebral hypoperfusion-induced cognitive deficit and brain oxidative damage in rats. Eur J Pharmacol 2014; 733:62-67.
16. Gülçin İ. Antioxidant activity of caffeic acid (3, 4-dihydroxycinnamic acid). Toxicology 2006; 217:213-220.
17. Carola V, D’Olimpio F, Brunamonti E, Mangia F, Renzi P. Evaluation of the elevated plus-maze and open-field tests for the assessment of anxiety-related behaviour in inbred mice. Behav Brain Res 2002; 134:49-57.
18. Rabiei Z, Rafieian-Kopaei M, Heidarian E, Saghaei E, Mokhtari S. Effects of Zizyphus jujube extract on memory and learning impairment induced by bilateral electric lesions of the nucleus Basalis of Meynert in rat. Neurochem Res 2014; 39:353-360.
19. Katz RJ, Roth KA, Carroll BJ. Acute and chronic stress effects on open field activity in the rat: implications for a model of depression. Neurosci Biobehav Rev 1981; 5:247-251.
20. Vyas A, Chattarji S. Modulation of different states of anxiety-like behavior by chronic stress. Behav Neurosci 2004; 118:1450.
21. De Quervain DJF, Henke K, Aerni A, Treyer V, McGaugh JL, Berthold T, et al. Glucocorticoid‐induced impairment of declarative memory retrieval is associated with reduced blood flow in the medial temporal lobe. Eur J Neurosci 2003; 17:1296-1302.
22. Bhattacharya A, Ghosal S, Bhattacharya S. Anti-oxidant effect of Withania somnifera glycowithanolides in chronic footshock stress-induced perturbations of oxidative free radical scavenging enzymes and lipid peroxidation in rat frontal cortex and striatum. J Ethnopharmacol 2001; 74:1-6.
23. Lin H, Decuypere E, Buyse J. Acute heat stress induces oxidative stress in broiler chickens. Mol Integr Physiol. 2006; 144:11-17.
24. Liu J, Wang X, Shigenaga M, Yeo H, Mori A, Ames B. Immobilization stress causes oxidative damage to lipid, protein, and DNA in the brain of rats. FASEB J 1996; 10:1532-1538.
25. Fontella FU, Siqueira IR, Vasconcellos APS, Tabajara AS, Netto CA, Dalmaz C. Repeated restraint stress induces oxidative damage in rat hippocampus. Neurochem Res 2005; 30:105-111.
26. Gesing A, Bilang-Bleuel A, Droste SK, Linthorst AC, Holsboer F, Reul JM. Psychological stress increases hippocampal mineralocorticoid receptor levels: involvement of corticotropin-releasing hormone. J Neurosci 2001; 21:4822-4829.
27. Seckl JR, French KL, O’Donnell D, Meaney MJ, Nair N, Yates CM, et al. Glucocorticoid receptor gene expression is unaltered in hippocampal neurons in Alzheimer’s disease. Mol Brain Res 1993; 18:239-245.
28. Silva BA, Malva JO, Dias AC. St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) extracts and isolated phenolic compounds are effective antioxidants in several in vitro models of oxidative stress. Food Chem 2008; 110:611-619.
29. Wu K-J, Hsieh M-T, Wu C-R, Wood WG, Chen Y-F. Green tea extract ameliorates learning and memory deficits in ischemic rats via its active component polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate by modulation of oxidative stress and neuroinflammation. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012; 2012:1-11.
30. Yordi EG, Pérez EM, Matos MJ, Villares EU. Antioxidant and pro-oxidant effects of polyphenolic compounds and structure-activity relationship evidence. Nutrition, well-being and health: InTech; 2012.