1. Ronningen LD. Campbell’s urology, 8th ed. J Urol 2005; 173:326-326.
2. Berry SJ, Coffey DS, Walsh PC, Ewing LL. The development of human benign prostatic hyperplasia with age. J Urol 1984; 132:474-479.
3. Acton JN, Salfinger SG, Tan J, Cohen PA. Outcomes of Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Using a 5-mm Versus 10-mm Laparoscope: A Randomized Control Trial. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2016; 23:101-106.
4. Saraav I, Singh S, Sharma S. Outcome of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Toll-like receptor interaction: immune response or immune evasion? Immunol Cell Biol 2014; 92:741-746.
5. O’Neill LA, Golenbock D, Bowie AG. The history of Toll-like receptors - redefining innate immunity. Nat Rev Immunol 2013; 13:453-460.
6. Makinen LK, Atula T, Hayry V, Jouhi L, Datta N, Lehtonen S, et al. Predictive role of Toll-like receptors 2, 4, and 9 in oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol 2015; 51:96-102.
7. van Beijnum JR, Buurman WA, Griffioen AW. Convergence and amplification of toll-like receptor (TLR) and receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE) signaling pathways via high mobility group B1 (HMGB1). Angiogenesis 2008; 11:91-99.
8. Jerrard-Dunne P, Sitzer M, Risley P, Buehler A, von Kegler S, Markus HS. Inflammatory gene load is associated with enhanced inflammation and early carotid atherosclerosis in smokers. Stroke 2004; 35:2438-2443.
9. Kolz M, Baumert J, Muller M, Khuseyinova N, Klopp N, Thorand B, et al. Association between variations in the TLR4 gene and incident type 2 diabetes is modified by the ratio of total cholesterol to HDL-cholesterol. BMC Med Genet 2008; 9:9-20.
10. Roehrborn CG. Pathology of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Int J Impot Res 2008; 20 Suppl 3:S11-18.
11. Moore JH. The ubiquitous nature of epistasis in determining susceptibility to common human diseases. Hum Hered 2003; 56:73-82.
12. Hahn LW, Ritchie MD, Moore JH. Multifactor dimensionality reduction software for detecting gene-gene and gene-environment interactions. Bioinformatics 2003; 19:376-382.
13. Lim CF, Buchan NC. Measurement of serum PSA as a predictor of symptoms scored on the IPSS for patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. N Z Med J 2014; 127:17-24.
14. O’Sullivan M, Murphy C, Deasy C, Iohom G, Kiely EA, Shorten G. Effects of transurethral resection of prostate on the quality of life of patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Am Coll Surg 2004; 198:394-403.
15. McConnell JD, Roehrborn CG, Bautista OM, Andriole GL, Jr., Dixon CM, Kusek JW, et al. The long-term effect of doxazosin, finasteride, and combination therapy on the clinical progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia. N Engl J Med 2003; 349:2387-2398.
16. Martin MU, Wesche H. Summary and comparison of the signaling mechanisms of the Toll/interleukin-1 receptor family. Biochim Biophys Acta 2002; 1592:265-280.
17. Sabroe I, Read RC, Whyte MK, Dockrell DH, Vogel SN, Dower SK. Toll-like receptors in health and disease: complex questions remain. J Immunol 2003; 171:1630-1635.
18. Hori M, Nishida K. Toll-like receptor signaling: defensive or offensive for the heart? Circ Res 2008; 102:137-139.
19. Miller YI, Viriyakosol S, Binder CJ, Feramisco JR, Kirkland TN, Witztum JL. Minimally modified LDL binds to CD14, induces macrophage spreading via TLR4/MD-2, and inhibits phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. J Biol Chem 2003; 278:1561-1568.
20. Parker LC, Prince LR, Sabroe I. Translational mini-review series on Toll-like receptors: networks regulated by Toll-like receptors mediate innate and adaptive immunity. Clin Exp Immunol 2007; 147:199-207.
21. Liu H, Komai-Koma M, Xu D, Liew FY. Toll-like receptor 2 signaling modulates the functions of CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2006; 103:7048-7053.
22. Xu D, Komai-Koma M, Liew FY. Expression and function of Toll-like receptor on T cells. Cell Immunol 2005; 233:85-89.
23. den Dekker WK, Cheng C, Pasterkamp G, Duckers HJ. Toll like receptor 4 in atherosclerosis and plaque destabilization. Atherosclerosis 2010; 209:314-320.
24. Petrick JL, Freedman ND, Demuth J, Yang B, Van Den Eeden SK, Engel LS, et al. Obesity, diabetes, serum glucose, and risk of primary liver cancer by birth cohort, race/ethnicity, and sex: Multiphasic health checkup study. Cancer Epidemiol 2016; 42:140-146.
25. Wild SH, Morling JR, McAllister DA, Kerssens J, Fischbacher C, Parkes J, et al. Type 2 diabetes and risk of hospital admission or death for chronic liver diseases. J Hepatol 2016; 64:1358-1364.
26. Lorenz E, Frees KL, Schwartz DA. Determination of the TLR4 genotype using allele-specific PCR. Biotechniques 2001; 31:22-24.
27. Rau HH, Hsu CY, Lin YA, Atique S, Fuad A, Wei LM, et al. Development of a web-based liver cancer prediction model for type II diabetes patients by using an artificial neural network. Comput Methods Programs Biomed 2016; 125:58-65.
28. Ferwerda B, Kibiki GS, Netea MG, Dolmans WM, van der Ven AJ. The toll-like receptor 4 Asp299Gly variant and tuberculosis susceptibility in HIV-infected patients in Tanzania. AIDS 2007; 21:1375-1377.
29. Pulido I, Leal M, Genebat M, Pacheco YM, Saez ME, Soriano-Sarabia N. The TLR4 ASP299GLY polymorphism is a risk factor for active tuberculosis in Caucasian HIV-infected patients. Curr HIV Res 2010; 8:253-258.
30. Najmi N, Kaur G, Sharma SK, Mehra NK. Human Toll-like receptor 4 polymorphisms TLR4 Asp299Gly and Thr399Ile influence susceptibility and severity of pulmonary tuberculosis in the Asian Indian population. Tissue Antigens 2010; 76:102-109.
31. Xue Y, Zhao ZQ, Wang HJ, Jin L, Liu CP, Wang Y, et al. Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 gene polymorphisms in a southeastern Chinese population with tuberculosis. Int J Immunogenet 2010; 37:135-138.
32. Marengo A, Rosso C, Bugianesi E. Liver Cancer: Connections with Obesity, Fatty Liver, and Cirrhosis. Annu Rev Med 2016; 67:103-117.
33. Raff EJ, Kakati D, Bloomer JR, Shoreibah M, Rasheed K, Singal AK. Diabetes Mellitus Predicts Occurrence of Cirrhosis and Hepatocellular Cancer in Alcoholic Liver and Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Diseases. J Clin Transl Hepatol 2015; 3:9-16.
34. Yang Z, Zhou L, Wu LM, Lai MC, Xie HY, Zhang F, et al. Overexpression of long non-coding RNA HOTAIR predicts tumor recurrence in hepatocellular carcinoma patients following liver transplantation. Ann Surg Oncol 2011; 18:1243-1250.
35. Ritchie MD, Hahn LW, Roodi N, Bailey LR, Dupont WD, Parl FF, et al. Multifactor-dimensionality reduction reveals high-order interactions among estrogen-metabolism genes in sporadic breast cancer. Am J Hum Genet 2001; 69:138-147.
36. Rohrmann S, Crespo CJ, Weber JR, Smit E, Giovannucci E, Platz EA. Association of cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption and physical activity with lower urinary tract symptoms in older American men: findings from the third National Health And Nutrition Examination Survey. BJU Int 2005; 96:77-82.