1. Salomão LS, Young SB, Galhardo MA, Pereira LA, Pires ARC, Boaventura GT, et al. Evaluation of liver regeneration by modulation with ischemic preconditioning after ischemia and reperfusion and partial hepatectomy. Rev Col Bras Cir 2012; 39:211-215.
2. Hochhauser E, Alterman I, Weinbroum A, Barak Y, Harell D, Raz A, et al. Effects of vasoactive substances released from ischemic reperfused liver on the isolated rat heart. Exp Clin Cardiol 2001; 6:29-34.
3. Chen Y, Liu Z, Xie X. Hydrogen sulphide attenuates renal and cardiac injury after total hepatic ischemia and reperfusion. J Surg Res 2010; 164:e305-313.
4. Jin G, Prabhakaran MP, Kai D, Annamalai SK, Arunachalam KD, Ramakrishna S. Tissue engineered plant extracts as nanofibrous wound dressing. Biomaterials 2013; 34:724-734.
5. Ebrahimzadeh MA, Nabavi SM, Nabavi SF, Bahramian F, Bekhradnia AR. Antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity of H. officinalis L. var. angustifolius, V. odorata, B. hyrcana and C. speciosum. Pak J Pharm Sci 2010; 23:29-34.
6. Padma VV, Sowmya P, Felix TA, Baskaran R, Poornima P. Protective effect of gallic acid against lindane induced toxicity in experimental rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2011; 49:991-998.
7. Zahra Jahanbakhsh, Bahram Rasoulian MJ, Shahnaz Shekarforoush, Mansour Esmailidehaj, Mohammad taghi Mohammadi, Hasan Aghai, et al. Protective effect of crocin against reperfusion– induced cardiac arrhythmias in anaesthetized rats. EXCLI J 2012; 11:20-2 9.
8. Jalili C, Tabatabaei H, Kakaberiei S, Roshankhah S, Salahshoor MR. Protective role of crocin against nicotine-induced damages on male mice liver. Int J Prev Med 2015; 6:92.
9. Akbari G, Mard SA, Dianat M, Mansouri E. The hepatoprotective and microRNAs downregulatory effects of crocin following hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017;2017.
10. Najafi H, Yarijani ZM, Pourmotabed A, Madani SH. The effect of Crocin on the renal tissue damages and leukocyte infiltration induced by ischemia-reperfusion among rats. J Kermanshah Univ Med Sci 2013; 17:394-403.
11. Qi Y, Chen L, Zhang L, Liu W-B, Chen X-Y, Yang X-G. Crocin prevents retinal ischaemia/reperfusion injury-induced apoptosis in retinal ganglion cells through the PI3K/AKT signalling pathway. Exp Eye Res 2013; 107:44-51.
12. Naghizadeh B, Boroushaki MT, Vahdati Mashhadian N, Mansouri SMT. Protective effects of crocin against cisplatin-induced acute renal failure and oxidative stress in rats. Iran Biomed J 2008; 12:93-100.
13. Naghizadeh B, Mansouri SMT, Mashhadian NV. Crocin attenuates cisplatin-induced renal oxidative stress in rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2010; 48:2650-2655.
14. Askaripour M, Fatemi-Tabatabaei SR, Hosseini F, Rashno M, Ghaderi S. Effects of aqueous extract of purslane (Portulaca oleracea) on hepatic enzymes in two models of renal ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats. Zahedan J Res Med Sci 2015; X: XX-XX .
15. Sözen S, Kisakürek M, Yildiz F, Gönültas M, Dinçel A. The effects of glutamine on hepatic ischemia reperfusion injury in rats. Hippokratia 2011; 15:161-166.
16. Tüfek A, Tokgöz O, Aliosmanoglu İ, Alabalik U, Evliyaoglu O, Çiftçi T, et al. The protective effects of dexmedetomidine on the liver and remote organs against hepatic ischemia reperfusion injury in rats. Int J Surg 2013; 11:96-100.
17. Hochhauser E, Ben-Ari Z, Pappo O, Chepurko Y, Vidne B. TPEN attenuates hepatic apoptotic ischemia/reperfusion injury and remote early cardiac dysfunction. Apoptosis 2005; 10:53-62.
18. Suchalatha S, Devi C. Protective effect of Terminalia chebula against experimental myocardial injury induced by isoproterenol. Indian J Exp Biol 2004; 42:174-178.
19. Basbug M, Yildar M, Yaman I, Ozkan OF, Aksit H, Cavdar F, et al. EFfects of boric acid in an experimental rat model of hepatic ischemia-reperfu-sion injury. Acta Medica Mediterranea 2015; 31:1067.
20. Unsal C, Celik J, Toy H, Esen H, Otelcioglu S. Protective role of zinc pretreatment in hepatotoxicity induced by halothane. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2008; 25:810-815.
21. Goyal SN, Arora S, Sharma AK, Joshi S, Ray R, Bhatia J, et al. Preventive effect of crocin of Crocus sativus on hemodynamic, biochemical, histopathological and ultrastuctural alterations in isoproterenol-induced cardiotoxicity in rats. Phytomedicine 2010; 17:227-232.
22. Rasool MK, Sabina EP, Ramya SR, Preety P, Patel S, Mandal N, et al. Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effects of gallic acid in paracetamol-induced liver damage in mice. J Pharm Pharmacol 2010; 62:638-643.
23. Dianat M, Esmaeilizadeh M, Badavi M, Samarbaf-zadeh AR, Naghizadeh B. Protective effects of crocin on ischemia-reperfusion induced oxidative stress in comparison with vitamin E in isolated rat hearts. Jundishapur J Nat Pharm Prod 2014; 9:e17187.
24. Papoutsidakis N, Arkadopoulos N, Smyrniotis V, Tzanatos H, Kalimeris K, Nastos K, et al. Basic research Early myocardial injury is an integral component of experimental acute liver failure–a study in two porcine models. Arch Med Sci 2011; 7: 217–223.
25. Tanaka Y, Maher JM, Chen C, Klaassen CD. Hepatic ischemia-reperfusion induces renal heme oxygenase-1 via NF-E2-related factor 2 in rats and mice. Mol Pharmacol 2007; 71:817-825.
26. Rajaei Z, Hadjzadeh M-A-R, Nemati H, Hosseini M, Ahmadi M, Shafiee S. Antihyperglycemic and antioxidant activity of crocin in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Med Food 2013; 16:206-210.
27. Weinbroum AA, Hochhauser E, Rudick V, Kluger Y, Sorkine P, Karchevsky E, et al. Direct induction of acute lung and myocardial dysfunction by liver ischemia and reperfusion. J Trauma 1997; 43:627-635.
28. Dianat M, Esmaeilizadeh M, Badavi M, Samarbaf-Zadeh AR, Naghizadeh B. Protective effects of crocin on ischemia-reperfusion induced oxidative stress in comparison with vitamin E in isolated rat hearts. Jundishapur J Nat Pharm Prod 2014; 9:e17187.
29. Jahanbakhsh Z, Rasoulian B, Jafari M, Shekarforoush S, Esmailidehaj M, Taghi Mohammadi M, et al. Protective effect of crocin against reperfusion-induced cardiac arrhythmias in anaesthetized rats. EXCLI J 2012;11: 20-29.