1. Gao H, Xiang Y, Sun N, Zhu H, Wang Y, Liu M, et al. Metabolic changes in rat prefrontal cortex and hippocampus induced by chronic morphine treatment studied ex vivo by high resolution 1H NMR spectroscopy. Neurochem Int 2007; 50: 386-394.
2. De Vries TJ, Shippenberg TS. Neural systems underlying opiate addiction. J Neurosci 2002; 22: 3321-3325.
3. Van den Oever MC, Spijker S, Smit AB, De Vries TJ. Prefrontal cortex plasticity mechanisms in drug seeking and relapse. Neurosci. Biobehav. Rev 2010; 35: 276-284.
4. Xi Z-X, Gardner EL. Hypothesis-driven medication discovery for the treatment of psychostimulant addiction. Current drug abuse reviews 2008; 1: 303-327.
5. Fattore L, Fadda P, Spano M, Pistis M, Fratta W. Neurobiological mechanisms of cannabinoid addiction. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2008; 286: 97-107.
6. Diaz SL, Barros VG, Antonelli MC, Rubio MC, Balerio GN. Morphine withdrawal syndrome and its prevention with baclofen: Autoradiographic study of μ‐opioid receptors in prepubertal male and female mice. SYNAPSE 2006; 60: 132-140.
7. Bartoletti M, Colantoni A, De Luca V, Gaiardi M. Single and repeated baclofen treatment attenuates the discriminative stimulus effects of morphine in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2010; 97: 279-283.
8. Nakagawa T, Kaneko S. Neuropsychotoxicity of abused drugs: molecular and neural mechanisms of neuropsychotoxicity induced by methamphetamine, 3, 4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), and 5-methoxy-N, N-diisopropyltryptamine (foxy). Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2008; 106: 2-8.
9. Giacchino J, Henriksen S. Systemic morphine and local opioid effects on neuronal activity in the medial prefrontal cortex. Neuroscience 1996; 70: 941-949.
10. Huang C-C, Lin H-J, Hsu K-S. Repeated cocaine administration promotes long-term potentiation induction in rat medial prefrontal cortex. Cereb Cortex 2006; 17: 1877-1888.
11. Li Y, Fang F, Wang X, Lei H. Neuronal projections from ventral tegmental area to forebrain structures in rat studied by manganese-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging. Magn Reson Imaging 2009; 27: 293-299.
12. Rozeske RR, Der-Avakian A, Bland ST, Beckley JT, Watkins LR, Maier SF. The medial prefrontal cortex regulates the differential expression of morphine-conditioned place preference following a single exposure to controllable or uncontrollable stress. Neuropsychopharmacology 2009; 34: 834-843.
13. Harte M, O’Connor W. Evidence for a selective prefrontal cortical GABA B receptor-mediated inhibition of glutamate release in the ventral tegmental area: a dual probe microdialysis study in the awake rat. Neuroscience 2005; 130: 215-222.
14. Zarrindast M-R, Hoghooghi V, Rezayof A. Inhibition of morphine-induced amnesia in morphine-sensitized mice: involvement of dorsal hippocampal GABAergic receptors. Neuropharmacology 2008; 54: 569-576.
15. Padgett CL, Lalive AL, Tan KR, Terunuma M, Munoz MB, Pangalos MN, et al. Methamphetamine-evoked depression of GABA B receptor signaling in GABA neurons of the VTA. Neuron 2012; 73: 978-989.
16. Ridderinkhof KR, Nieuwenhuis S, Braver TS. Medial frontal cortex function: An introduction and overview. Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 2007; 7: 261-265.
17. Jinno S. Structural organization of long-range GABAergic projection system of the hippocampus. Front Neurosci 2009; 3: 13-21.
18. Heinrichs S, Leite-Morris K, Carey R, Kaplan G. Baclofen enhances extinction of opiate conditioned place preference. Behav Brain Res 2010; 207: 353-359.
19. Nasif FJ, Hu X-T, White FJ. Repeated cocaine administration increases voltage-sensitive calcium currents in response to membrane depolarization in medial prefrontal cortex pyramidal neurons. J Neurosci 2005; 25: 3674-3679.
20. Torregrossa MM, Kalivas PW. Microdialysis and the neurochemistry of addiction. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2008; 90: 261-272.
21. Talkhooncheh M, Alaei HA, Ramshini E, Shahidani S. The effect of vitamin C on morphine self-administration in rats. Adv Biomed Res 2014; 3: 178-186.
22. Radahmadi M, Ramshini E, Hosseini N, Karimi S, Alaei H. Effect of electrical stimulation of nucleus accumbens with low, median and high currents intensities on conditioned place preference induced by morphine in rats. Adv Biomed Res 2014; 3: 14-22.
23. Giuliani S, Lecci A, Santicioli P, Del Bianco E, Maggi C. Effect of the GABAB antagonist, phaclofen, on baclofen-induced inhibition of micturition reflex in urethane-anesthetized rats. Neuroscience 1992; 48: 217-223.
24. Rodrigues MCA, de Oliveira Beleboni R, Coutinho-Netto J, dos Santos WF, Garcia-Cairasco N. Behavioral effects of bicuculline microinjection in the dorsal versus ventral hippocampal formation of rats, and control of seizures by nigral muscimol. J Epilepsy Res 2004; 58: 155-165.
25. Paxinos G, Watson C. The rat brain in stereotaxic coordinates: Elsevier Academic Press. San Diego, CA. 2005.
26. Yamada K, Cirrito JR, Stewart FR, Jiang H, Finn MB, Holmes BB, et al. In vivo microdialysis reveals age-dependent decrease of brain interstitial fluid tau levels in P301S human tau transgenic mice. J Neurosci 2011; 31: 13110-13117.
27. De Freitas Silva DM, Ferraz VP, Ribeiro ÂM. Improved high-performance liquid chromatographic method for GABA and glutamate determination in regions of the rodent brain. J Neurosci Methods 2009; 177: 289-293.
28. Kim HJ, Baburin I, Zaugg J, Ebrahimi SN, Hering S, Hamburger M. HPLC-based activity profiling–discovery of sanggenons as GABAA receptor modulators in the traditional Chinese drug sang bai pi (Morus alba root bark). Planta Med 2012; 78: 440-447.
29. Kang L, Dai Z-Z, Li H-H, Ma L. Environmental cues associated with morphine modulate release of glutamate and gamma-aminobutyric acid in ventral subiculum. Neurosci Bull 2006; 22: 255-260.
30. Sun JY, Yang JY, Wang F, Wang JY, Song W, Su GY, et al. Lesions of nucleus accumbens affect morphine‐induced release of ascorbic acid and GABA but not of glutamate in rats. Addict Biol 2011; 16: 540-550.
31. Caillé S, Parsons LH. Cannabinoid modulation of opiate reinforcement through the ventral striatopallidal pathway. Neuropsychopharmacology 2006; 31: 804-813.
32. Hoshi K, Yamamoto A, Ishizuki S, Fujihira E, Ichihara K. Excitatory amino acid release in the locus coeruleus during naloxone-precipitated morphine withdrawal in adjuvant arthritic rats. Inflamm Res 2000; 49: 36-41.
33. Jayaram P, Steketee JD. Effects of cocaine‐induced behavioural sensitization on GABA transmission within rat medial prefrontal cortex. Eur J Neurosci 2005; 21: 2035-2039.
34. Lelevich V, Lelevich S, Doroshenko E. Neuromediator changes in different rat brain regions after acute morphine intoxication. J Neurochem 2009; 3: 49-53.