1. Yao X, Panichpisal K, Kurtzman N, Nugent K. Cisplatin nephrotoxicity: a review. Am J Med Sci. 2007; 334:115-124.
2. Sharp CN, Siskind LJ. Developing better mouse models to study cisplatin-induced kidney injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2017; 313:835-841.
3. Ozkok A, Edelstein CL. Pathophysiology of cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury. Biomed Res Int 2014; 2014:967826.
4. Kaeidi A, Rasoulian B, Hajializadeh Z, Pourkhodadad S, Rezaei M. Cisplatin toxicity reduced in human cultured renal tubular cells by oxygen pretreatment. Ren fail 2013; 35:1382-1386.
5. Miller RP, Tadagavadi RK, Ramesh G, Reeves WB. Mechanisms of Cisplatin nephrotoxicity. Toxins (Basel) 2010; 2:2490-2518.
6. Rasoulian B, Kaeidi A, Rezaei M, Hajializadeh Z. Cellular preoxygenation partially attenuates the antitumoral effect of cisplatin despite highly protective effects on renal epithelial cells. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017; 2017:7203758.
7. Boroushaki MT, Rajabian A, Farzadnia M, Hoseini A, Poorlashkari M, Taghavi A, et al. Protective effect of pomegranate seed oil against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rat. Ren Fail 2015; 37:1338-1343.
8. Rasoulian B, Kaeidi A, Pourkhodadad S, Dezfoulian O, Rezaei M, Wahhabaghai H, et al. Effects of pretreatment with single-dose or intermittent oxygen on Cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Nephrourol Mon 2014; 6:19680.
9. Dechant KL, Clissold SP. Sumatriptan. Drugs 1992; 43:776-798.
10. Ikeda Y, Jimbo H, Shimazu M, Satoh K. Sumatriptan scavenges superoxide, hydroxyl, and nitric oxide radicals: in vitro electron spin resonance study. Headache 2002; 42:888-892.
11. Carmichael NM, Charlton MP, Dostrovsky JO. Activation of the 5-HT1B/D receptor reduces hindlimb neurogenic inflammation caused by sensory nerve stimulation and capsaicin. Pain 2008; 134:97-105.
12. Durham PL, Russo AF. Stimulation of the calcitonin gene-related peptide enhancer by mitogen-activated protein kinases and repression by an antimigraine drug in trigeminal ganglia neurons. J Neurosci 2003; 23:807-815.
13. Ikeda Y, Jimbo H, Shimazu M, Satoh K. Sumatriptan scavenges superoxide, hydroxyl, and nitric oxide radicals: in vitro electron spin resonance study. Headache 2002; 42:888-892.
14. Whiting MV, Cambridge D. Canine renovascular responses to sumatriptan and 5-carboxamidotryptamine: modulation through endothelial 5-HT1-like receptors by endogenous nitric oxide. Br J Pharmacol 1995; 114:969-974.
15. Vause CV, Durham PL. Identification of cytokines and signaling proteins differentially regulated by sumatriptan/naproxen. Headache 2012; 52:80-89.
16. Vera-Portocarrero LP, Ossipov MH, King T, Porreca F. Reversal of inflammatory and noninflammatory visceral pain by central or peripheral actions of sumatriptan. Gastroenterology 2008; 135:1369-1378.
17. Ramesh G, Reeves WB. p38 MAP kinase inhibition ameliorates cisplatin nephrotoxicity in mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2005; 289:166-174.
18. Dehnamaki F, Karimi A, Pilevarian AA, Fatemi I, Hakimizadeh E, Kaeidi A, et al. Treatment with troxerutin protects against cisplatin-induced kidney injury in mice. Acta Chir Belg 2018; 13:1-7.
19. Ehsani V, Amirteimoury M, Taghipour Z, Shamsizadeh A, Bazmandegan G, Rahnama A, et al. Protective effect of hydroalcoholic extract of Pistacia vera against gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Ren Fail 2017; 39:519-525.
20. Atessahin A, Ceribasi AO, Yuce A, Bulmus O, Cikim G. Role of ellagic acid against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity and oxidative stress in rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2007; 100:121-126.
21. Atessahin A, Yilmaz S, Karahan I, Ceribasi AO, Karaoglu A. Effects of lycopene against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity and oxidative stress in rats. Toxicology 2005; 212:116-123.
22. Wang Z, Li YF, Han XY, Sun YS, Zhang LX, Liu W, et al. Kidney protection effect of ginsenoside re and its underlying mechanisms on cisplatin-induced kidney injury. Cell Physiol Biochem 2018; 48:2219-2229.
23. Chandrasekara N, Shahidi F. Antioxidative potential of cashew phenolics in food and biological model systems as affected by roasting. Food Chem 2011; 129:1388-1396.
24. Akerman S, Williamson DJ, Kaube H, Goadsby PJ. The effect of anti-migraine compounds on nitric oxide-induced dilation of dural meningeal vessels. Eur J Pharmacol 2002; 452:223-228.
25. Chirino YI, Sanchez-Gonzalez DJ, Martinez-Martinez CM, Cruz C, Pedraza-Chaverri J. Protective effects of apocynin against cisplatin-induced oxidative stress and nephrotoxicity. Toxicology 2008; 245:18-23.
26. Saleh S, El-Demerdash E. Protective effects of L-arginine against cisplatin-induced renal oxidative stress and toxicity: role of nitric oxide. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2005; 97:91-97.
27. Priyamvada S, Priyadarshini M, Arivarasu N, Farooq N, Khan S, Khan SA, et al. Studies on the protective effect of dietary fish oil on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity and oxidative damage in rat kidney. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2008; 78:369-381.
28. Bulboaca AE, Bolboaca SD, Stanescu IC, Sfrangeu CA, Porfire A, Tefas L, et al. The effect of intravenous administration of liposomal curcumin in addition to sumatriptan treatment in an experimental migraine model in rats. Int J Nanomedicine 2018; 13:3093-3103.
29. Rajagopalan G, Chandrasekaran SP, Carani Venkatraman A. Troxerutin attenuates diet-induced oxidative stress, impairment of mitochondrial biogenesis and respiratory chain complexes in mice heart. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 2017; 44:103-113.
30. Tabara LC, Poveda J, Martin-Cleary C, Selgas R, Ortiz A, Sanchez-Nino MD. Mitochondria-targeted therapies for acute kidney injury. Expert Rev Mol Med 2014; 16:13-19.
31. Ferroni P, Barbanti P, Della-Morte D, Palmirotta R, Jirillo E, Guadagni F. Redox mechanisms in migraine: novel therapeutics and dietary interventions. Antioxid Redox Signal 2017; 28:1-8.
32. Mehrzadi S, Fatemi I, Malayeri AR, Khodadadi A, Mohammadi F, Mansouri E, et al. Ellagic acid mitigates sodium arsenite-induced renal and hepatic toxicity in male Wistar rats. Pharmacol Rep 2018; 70:847-856.
33. Ghaznavi H, Fatemi I, Kalantari H, Hosseini Tabatabaei SMT, Mehrabani M, Gholamine B, et al. Ameliorative effects of gallic acid on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. J Asian Nat Prod Res 2017; 5:1-12.
34. Goudarzi M, Khodayar MJ, Hosseini Tabatabaei SMT, Ghaznavi H, Fatemi I, Mehrzadi S. Pretreatment with melatonin protects against cyclophosphamide-induced oxidative stress and renal damage in mice. Fundam Clin Pharmacol 2017; 31:625-635.
35. Nho JH, Jung HK, Lee MJ, Jang JH, Sim MO, Jeong DE, et al. Beneficial effects of cynaroside on cisplatin-induced kidney injury in vitro and in vivo. Toxicol Res 2018; 34:133-141.
36. Soni H, Kaminski D, Gangaraju R, Adebiyi A. Cisplatin-induced oxidative stress stimulates renal Fas ligand shedding. Ren Fail 2018; 40:314-322.
37. Zhou J, Fan Y, Zhong J, Huang Z, Huang T, Lin S, et al. TAK1 mediates excessive autophagy via p38 and ERK in cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury. J Cell Mol Med 2018; 22:2908-2921.
38. Li J, Gui Y, Ren J, Liu X, Feng Y, Zeng Z, et al. Metformin protects against cisplatin-induced tubular cell apoptosis and acute kidney injury via AMPkalpha-regulated autophagy induction. Sci Rep 2016; 6:23975.
39. Khalilzadeh M, Panahi G, Rashidian A, Hadian MR, Abdollahi A, Afshari K, et al. The protective effects of sumatriptan on vincristine - induced peripheral neuropathy in a rat model. Neurotoxicology 2018; 67:279-286.