1. Magnuson BA, Appleton J, Ames GB. Pharmacokinetics and distribution of [35S]methylsulfonylmethane following oral administration to rats. J Agric Food Chem 2007; 55:1033-1038.
2. Kim YH, Kim DH, Lim H, Baek DY, Shin HK, Kim JK. The anti-inflammatory effects of methylsulfonylmethane on lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory responses in murine macrophages. Biol Pharm Bull 2009; 32:651-656.
3. Amirshahrokhi K, Bohlooli S, Chinifroush MM. The effect of methylsulfonylmethane on the experimental colitis in the rat. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2011; 253:197-202.
4. Tripathi R, Gupta S, Rai S, Mittal PC. Effect of topical application of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), EDTA on pitting edema and oxidative stress in a double blind, placebo-controlled study. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy.-le-grand) 2011; 57:62-69.
5. Nakhostin-Roohi B, Barmaki S, Khoshkhahesh F, Bohlooli S. Effect of chronic supplementation with methylsulfonylmethane on oxidative stress following acute exercise in untrained healthy men. J Pharm Pharmacol 2011; 63:1290-1294.
6. Richmond VL. Incorporation of methylsulfonyl methane
sulfur into guinea pig serum proteins. Life Sci 1986; 39:263-268.
7. Morton JI, Siegel BV. Effects of oral dimethyl sulfoxide and dimethyl sulfone on murine autoimmune lymphoproliferative disease. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 1986; 183:227-230.
8. Magnuson BA, Appleton J, Ryan B, Matulka RA. Oral developmental toxicity study of methylsulfonylmethane in rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2007; 45:977-984.
9. Horvath K, Noker PE, Somfai-Relle S, Glavits R, Financsek I, Schauss AG. Toxicity of methylsulfonylmethane in rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2002; 40:1459-1462.
10. Kim LS, Axelrod LJ, Howard P, Buratovich N, Waters RF. Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) in osteoarthritis pain of the knee: a pilot clinical trial. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2006; 14:286-294.
11. Larson AM. Acetaminophen hepatotoxicity. Clin Liver Dis 2007; 11:525-548, vi.
12. Jaeschke H, Knight TR, Bajt ML. The role of oxidant stress and reactive nitrogen species in acetaminophen hepatotoxicity. Toxicol Lett 2003; 144:279-288.
13. Nakhostin-Roohi B, Niknam Z, Vaezi N, Mohammadi S, Bohlooli S. Effect of single dose administration of methylsulfonylmethane on oxidative stress following acute exhaustive exercise. Iran J Pharma Res Accepted for publication.
14. Nakhostin-Roohi B, Barmaki S, Khoshkhahesh F, Bohlooli S. Effect of chronic supplementation with methylsulfonylmethane on oxidative stress following acute exercise in untrained healthy men. J Pharm Pharmacol 2011; 63:1290-1294.
15. Yen FL, Wu TH, Lin LT, Lin CC. Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effects of Cuscuta chinensis against acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2007; 111:123-128.
16. Maranon G, Munoz-Escassi B, Manley W, Garcia C, Cayado P, de la Muela MS, et al. The effect of methyl sulphonyl methane supplementation on biomarkers of oxidative stress in sport horses following jumping exercise. Acta Vet Scand 2008; 50:45.
17. Jaeschke H, Knight TR, Bajt ML. The role of oxidant stress and reactive nitrogen species in acetaminophen hepatotoxicity. Toxicol Lett 2003; 144:279-288.
18. Bhadauria M. Dose-dependent hepatoprotective effect of emodin against acetaminophen-induced acute damage in rats. Exp Toxicol Pathol 2010; 62:627-635.
19. Wendel A, Jaeschke H, Gloger M. Drug-induced lipid peroxidation in mice--II. Protection against paracetamol-induced liver necrosis by intravenous liposomally entrapped glutathione. Biochem Pharmacol 1982; 31:3601-3605.
20. Toklu HZ, Sehirli AO, Velioglu-Ogunc A, Cetinel S, Sener G. Acetaminophen-induced toxicity is prevented by beta-D-glucan treatment in mice. Eur J Pharmacol 2006; 543: 133-140.
21. Schwarz BC, Hoven RV, Schwendenwein I. Diagnostic value of the neutrophil myeloperoxidase index in horses with systemic inflammation. Vet J 2011; S1090-0233:00442-00449. [pii]
22. Faith M, Sukumaran A, Pulimood AB, Jacob M. How reliable an indicator of inflammation is myeloperoxidase activity? Clin Chim Acta 2008; 396:23-25.
23. Beilke MA, Collins-Lech C, Sohnle PG. Effects of dimethyl sulfoxide on the oxidative function of human neutrophils. J Lab Clin Med 1987; 110:91-96.