1. Schulster M, Bernie AM, Ramasamy R. The role of estradiol in male reproductive function. Andrology 2016; 18:435–440.
2. Cailleux-Bounacer A, Rohmer V, Lahlou N, Lefebvre H, Roger M, Kuhn JM. Impact level of dihydrotestosterone on the hypothalamic-pituitary-leydig cell axis in men. Int J Androl 2009; 32:57-65.
3. Shen M, Shi H.. Sex hormones and their receptors regulate liver energy homeostasis. Int J Endocrinol 2015; 2015:1-12.
4. Poletti A, Coscarella A, Negri-Cesi P, Colciago A, Celotti F, Martini L. 5 alpha-reductase isozymes in the central nervous system. Steroids 1998; 63:246-251.
5. Turgeon JL, Waring DW. Androgen modulation of luteinizing hormone secretion by female rat gonadotropes. Endocrinology 1999; 140:1767-1774.
6. Vuong C, Van Uum SH, O'Dell LE, Lutfy K, Friedman TC. The effects of opioids and opioid analogs on animal and human endocrine systems. Endocr Rev 2010; 31:98-132.
7. Aloisi AM, Ceccarelli I, Fiorenzani P, Maddalena M, Rossi A, Tomei V, et al. Aromatase and 5-alpha reductase gene expression: modulation by pain and morphine treatment in male rats. Mol Pain 2010; 6:1-9.
8. Amini H, Ahmadiani A. In vivo evidence for an increase in 5alpha-reductase activity in the rat central nervous system following morphine exposure. Int J Dev neurosci 2005; 23:621-626.
9. Meczekalski B, Katulski K, Podfigurna-Stopa A, Czyzyk A, Genazzani AD. Spontaneous endogenous pulsatile release of kisspeptin is temporally coupled with luteinizing hormone in healthy women. Fertil Steril 2016; 105:1345-1350.
10. Lippincott MF, Chan YM, Delaney A, Rivera-Morales D, Butler JP, Seminara SB. Kisspeptin responsiveness signals emergence of reproductive endocrine activity: implications for human puberty. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2016; 101:3061-3069.
11. Roseweir AK, Kauffman AS, Smith JT, Guerriero KA, Morgan K, Pielecka-Fortuna J, et al. Discovery of potent kisspeptin antagonists delineates physiological mechanisms of gonadotropin regulation. J Neurosci 2009; 29:3920–3929.
12. Khazali H, Mahmoudi F, Janahmadi M. Hypothalamic Kiss1/ GPR54 genes expression and plasma LH secretion in morphine treated male rats. Int J fertil steril 2018; 12:223-228.
13. Mansour A, Khachaturian H, Lewis ME, Akil H, Watson S J. Anatomy of CNS opioid receptors. Trends Neurosci 1998; 11:308-314.
14. Clarke H, Dhillo WS, Jayasena CN. Comprehensive review on kisspeptin and its role in reproductive disorders. Endocrinol Metab 2015; 30:124-141.
15. Bois C, Delalande C, Nurmio M, Parvinen M, Zanatta L, Toppari J, et al. Age- and cell-related gene expression of aromatase and estrogen receptors in the rat testis. J Mol Endocrinol 2010; 45:147-159.
16. Mahmoudi F, Khazali H, Janahmadi M. Morphine attenuates testosterone response to central injection of kisspeptin in rats. Int J fertil steril 2014; 8:215-220.
17. Mellon SH, Griffin LD. Neurosteroids: biochemistry and clinical significance. Trends Endocrinol Metab 2002; 13:35-43.
18. Killian J, Pratis K, Clifton RJ, Stanton PG, Robertson DM, O'Donnell L. 5alpha-reductase isoenzymes 1 and 2 in the rat testis during postnatal development. Biol Reprod 2003; 68:1711-1718.
19. Torres JM, Ruiz E, Ortega E. Development of a quantitative RT-PCR method to study 5alpha-reductase mRNA isozymes in rat prostate in different androgen status. Prostate 2003; 56:74-79.
20. Torres JM, Ortega E. Precise quantitation of 5alpha-reductase type 1 mRNA by RT-PCR in rat liver and its positive regulation by testosterone and dihydrotestosterone. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2003; 308:469-473.
21. Torres JM, Ruiz E, Ortega E. Differential regulation of steroid 5alpha-reductase isozymes expression by androgens in the adult rat brain. FASEB J 2003; 17:1428-1433.
22. Hussain MA, Song WJ, Wolfe A. There is kisspeptin - and then there is kisspeptin. Trends Endocrinol Metab 2015; 26:564-572.
23. Szymanski L, Bakker J. Aromatase knockout mice show normal steroid-induced activation of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone neurons and luteinizing hormone surges with a reduced population of kisspeptin neurones in the rostral hypothalamus. J Neuroendocrinol 2012; 24:1222-1233.
24. Ross LA, Polotsky AJ, Kucherov A, Bradford AP, Lesh J, Chosich J, et al. Profound reduction of ovarian estrogen by aromatase inhibition in obese women. Obesity 2014; 22:1464-1469.
25. Mittelman-Smith MA, Wong AM, Kathiresan AS, Micevych PE. Classical and membrane-initiated estrogen signaling in an in vitro model of anterior hypothalamic kisspeptin neurons. Endocrinology 2015; 156:2162–2173.
26. Iwasa T, Matsuzaki T, Yano K, Mayila Y, Irahara M. Effects of dihydrotestosterone administration on the expression of reproductive and body weight regulatory factors in ovariectomized and estradiol-treated female rats. Gynecol Endocrinol 2018; 34:73-77.
27. Iwata K, Kunimura Y, Matsumoto K, Ozawa H. Effect of androgen on Kiss1 expression and luteinizing hormone release in female rats. J Endocrinol 2017; 233:281-292.