1. Kumar VL, Pandey A, Verma S, Das P. Protection afforded by methanol extract of Calotropis procera latex in experimental model of colitis is mediated through inhibition of oxidative stress and pro-inflammatory signaling. Biomed Pharmacother 2019;109:1602-1609.
2. Li X, Song P, Li J, Tao Y, Li G, Li X, et al. The disease burden and clinical characteristics of inflammatory bowel disease in the chinese population: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2017;14:238-250.
3. Almeer RS, Mahmoud SM, Amin HK, Abdel Moneim AE. Ziziphus spina-christi fruit extract suppresses oxidative stress and p38 MAPK expression in ulcerative colitis in rats via induction of Nrf2 and HO-1 expression. Food Chem Toxicol 2018;115:49-62.
4. Carillon J, Rouanet JM, Cristol JP, Brion R. Superoxide dismutase administration, a potential therapy against oxidative stress related diseases: Several routes of supplementation and proposal of an original mechanism of action. Pharm Res 2013;30:2718-2728.
5. Yan H, Wang H, Zhang X, Li X, Yu J. Ascorbic acid ameliorates oxidative stress and inflammation in dextran sulfate sodium-induced ulcerative colitis in mice. Inter J Cli Exp Med 2015;8:20245-20253.
6. Dos Santos GG, Hastreiter AA, Sartori T, Borelli P, Fock RA. L-Glutamine in vitro modulates some immunomodulatory properties of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cell Rev 2017;13:1-9.
7. Wang J, Li Y, Qi Y. Effect of glutamine-enriched nutritional support on intestinal mucosal barrier function, MMP-2, MMP-9 and immune function in patients with advanced gastric cancer during perioperative chemotherapy. Oncol Lett 2017;14:3606-3610.
8. Cheng Y, Jing W, Min X, Wang SR. Effect of glutamine nutrition support on the intestinal mucosal barrier function and inflammatory response in patients with severe acute pancreatitis. J Hainan Med Univ 2017;23:867-873.
9. Song HY, Gastroenterology DO. Changes in intestinal mucosal barrier function in patients with liver diseases:effect of glutamine intervention. World Chinese J Digestol 2009;17:2798-2802.
10. Mustafa K, Sabahattin V, Erkan D, Turan T, Secil A, Cihan M, et al. Enteral glutamine and/or arginine supplementation have favorable effects on oxidative stress parameters in neonatal rat intestine. J Pediatr Gastr Nutr 2009;49:85-89.
11. Gong ZY, Yuan ZQ, Dong ZW, Peng YZ. Glutamine with probiotics attenuates intestinal inflammation and oxidative stress in a rat burn injury model through altered iNOS gene aberrant methylation. Am J Transl Res 2017;9:2535-2547.
12. Gardiner KR, Rowlands BJ. Efficacy of glutamine-enriched enteral nutrition in an experimental model of mucosal ulcerative colitis. Brit J Surg 2010;82:749-751.
13. Yue Z, Chunmei Z, Ying H, Yang Y, Rong L, Min L, et al. Up-regulated expression of WNT5a increases inflammation and oxidative stress via PI3K/AKT/NF-κB signaling in the granulosa cells of PCOS patients. J Clin Endocr Metab 2015;100:201-211.
14. Setia S, Nehru B, Sanyal SN. Upregulation of MAPK/Erk and PI3K/Akt pathways in ulcerative colitis-associated colon cancer. Biomed Pharmacother 2014;68:1023-1029.
15. Xiao LH, Jin X, Xiao HZ, Bo YQ, Lan P, Meng Z, et al. PI3K/Akt signaling pathway is involved in the pathogenesis of ulcerative colitis. Inflamm Res 2011;60:727-734.
16. Wang D, Zhang Y, Yang S, Zhao D, Wang M. A polysaccharide from cultured mycelium of Hericium erinaceus relieves ulcerative colitis by counteracting oxidative stress and improving mitochondrial function. Int J Biol Macromol 2019; 125:572-579.
17. Hong Z, Piao M. Effect of quercetin monoglycosides on oxidative stress and gut microbiota diversity in mice with dextran sodium sulphate-induced colitis. Biomed res int 2018;2018:8343052.
18. Tan Y, Zheng C. Effects of alpinetin on intestinal barrier function, inflammation and oxidative stress in dextran sulfate sodium-induced ulcerative colitis mice. Am J Med Sci 2018;355:377-386.
19. Cooper HS, Murthy SN, Shah RS, Sedergran DJ. Clinicopathologic study of dextran sulfate sodium experimental murine colitis. Lab Invest 1993;69:238-249.
20. Ito R, Shin-Ya M, Kishida T, Urano A, Takada R, Sakagami J, et al. Interferon-gamma is causatively involved in experimental inflammatory bowel disease in mice. Cli Exp Immunol 2010;146:330-338.
21. Shi L, Dai Y, Jia B, Han Y, Guo Y, Xie T, et al. The inhibitory effects of Qingchang Wenzhong granule on the interactive network of inflammation, oxidative stress, and apoptosis in rats with dextran sulfate sodium‐induced colitis. J Cell Biochem 2018; 120: 1-13.
22. Curkovic I, Egbring M, Kullakublick GA. Risks of inflammatory bowel disease treatment with glucocorticosteroids and aminosalicylates. Digest Dis 2013;31:368-373.
23. Fujita T, Sakurai K. Efficacy of glutamine-enriched enteral nutrition in an experimental model of mucosal ulcerative colitis. Brit J Surg 2010;82:749-751.
24. Motavallian-Naeini A, Andalib S, Rabbani M, Mahzouni P, Afsharipour M, Minaiyan M. Validation and optimization of experimental colitis induction in rats using 2, 4, 6-trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid. Res Pharm Sci 2012;7:159-169.
25. Kim JJ, Shajib MS, Manocha MM, Khan WI. Investigating intestinal inflammation in DSS-induced model of IBD. J Vis Exp 2012;60:e3678.
26. Shi L, Dai Y, Jia B, Han Y, Guo Y, Xie T, et al. The inhibitory effects of Qingchang Wenzhong granule on the interactive network of inflammation, oxidative stress, and apoptosis in rats with dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis. J Cell Biochem 2019;120:9979-9991.
27. Yang Z, Yin R, Cong Y, Yang Z, Zhou E, Wei Z, et al. Oxymatrine lightened the inflammatory response of lps-induced mastitis in mice through affecting NF-κB and MAPKs signaling pathways. Inflammation 2014;37:2047-2055.
28. Umeda K, Takahashi T, Inoue K, Shimizu H, Maeda S, Morimatsu H, et al. Prevention of hemorrhagic shock-induced intestinal tissue injury by glutamine via heme oxygenase-1 induction. Shock 2009;31:40-49.
29. Roessner A, Kuester D, Malfertheiner P, Schneider-Stock R. Oxidative stress in ulcerative colitis-associated carcinogenesis. Pathol Res Pract 2008;204:511-524.
30. Wymann MP, Pirola L. Structure and function of phosphoinositide 3-kinases. Biochim Biophys Acta 1998;1436:127-150.
31. Burgering BMT, Coffer PJ. Protein kinase B (c-Akt) in phosphatidylinositol-3-OH kinase signal transduction. Nature 1995; 376:599-602.
32. Worou ME, Belmokhtar K, Bonnet P, Vourc’H P, Machet MC, Khamis G, et al. Hemin decreases cardiac oxidative stress and fibrosis in a rat model of systemic hypertension via PI3K/Akt signalling. Cardiovas Res 2011;91:320-329.