1. Klahr S, Morrissey J. Comparative effects of ACE inhibition and angiotensin II receptor blockade in the prevention of renal damage. Kidney Int Suppl 2002; 62:S23-S26.
2. Kaeidi A, Taghipour Z, Allahtavakoli M, Fatemi I, Hakimizadeh E, Hassanshahi J. Ameliorating effect of troxerutin in unilateral ureteral obstruction induced renal oxidative stress, inflammation, and apoptosis in male rats. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 2020:1-10.
3. Warady BA, Chadha V. Chronic kidney disease in children: the global perspective. Pediatr Nephrol 2007; 22:1999-2009.
4. Singh I, Strandhoy J, Assimos D. Pathophysiology of urinary tract obstruction. Campbell-Walsh Urology. Philadelphia: Saunders; 2012; 428-430.
5. Kaeidi A, Sahamsizadeh A, Allahtavakoli M, Fatemi I, Rahmani M, Hakimizadeh E, et al. The effect of oleuropein on unilateral ureteral obstruction induced-kidney injury in rats: the role of oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis. Mol Biol Rep 2020; 47:1371-1379.
6. Kluth DC, Erwig L-P, Rees AJ. Multiple facets of macrophages in renal injury. Kidney international 2004; 66:542-557.
7. Misseri R, Meldrum DR, Dagher P, Hile K, Rink RC, Meldrum KK. Unilateral ureteral obstruction induces renal tubular cell production of tumor necrosis factor-α independent of inflammatory cell infiltration. J urol 2004; 172:1595-1599.
8. Rastaldi MP. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition and its implications for the development of renal tubulointerstitial fibrosis. J nephrol 2006; 19:407-412.
9. Kaeidi A, Rasoulian B, Hajializadeh Z, Pourkhodadad S, Rezaei M. Cisplatin toxicity reduced in human cultured renal tubular cells by oxygen pretreatment. Ren fail 2013; 35:1382-1386.
10. Rasoulian B, Kaeidi A, Pourkhodadad S, Dezfoulian O, Rezaei M, Wahhabaghai H, et al. Effects of pretreatment with single-dose or intermittent oxygen on Cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. Nephrourol mon 2014; 6.
11. Rasoulian B, Kaeidi A, Rezaei M, Hajializadeh Z. Cellular preoxygenation partially attenuates the antitumoral effect of cisplatin despite highly protective effects on renal epithelial cells. Oxid med cell longev 2017; 2017: 720-758.
12. Hassanshahi J, Maleki M, Nematbakhsh M. Renin-angiotensin system and unilateral ureteral obstruction. Physiol Pharmacol 2017; 21:266-278.
13. Khalaf IM, Shokeir AA, El-Gyoushi FI, Amr HS, Amin MM. Recoverability of renal function after treatment of adult patients with unilateral obstructive uropathy and normal contralateral kidney: a prospective study. Urology 2004; 64:664-668.
14. Albani JM, Desai MM, Gill IS, Streem SB. Repair of adult ureteropelvic junction obstruction in the solitary kidney: effect on renal function. Urology 2006; 68:718-722.
15. Hassanshahi J, Maleki M, Nematbakhsh M. Renal blood flow and vascular resistance responses to angiotensin II in irreversible and reversible unilateral ureteral obstruction rats; the role of angiotensin II type 1 and 2 receptors. J nephropathol 2018; 7.
16. Cochrane AL, Kett MM, Samuel CS, Campanale NV, Anderson WP, Hume DA, et al. Renal structural and functional repair in a mouse model of reversal of ureteral obstruction. J Am Soc Nephrol 2005; 16:3623-3630.
17. Ito K, Chen J, El Chaar M, Stern JM, Seshan SV, Khodadadian JJ, et al. Renal damage progresses despite improvement of renal function after relief of unilateral ureteral obstruction in adult rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2004; 287:F1283-F1293.
18. Li C, Wang W, Knepper MA, Nielsen S, Frøkiær J. Downregulation of renal aquaporins in response to unilateral ureteral obstruction. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2003; 284:F1066-F1079.
19. Li C, Wang W, Kwon T-H, Knepper MA, Nielsen S, Frøkiær J. Altered expression of major renal Na transporters in rats with bilateral ureteral obstruction and release of obstruction. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2003; 285:F889-F901.
20. Chevalier RL, Kim A, Thornhill BA, Wolstenholme JT. Recovery following relief of unilateral ureteral obstruction in the neonatal rat. Kidney int 1999; 55:793-807.
21. Chevalier RL, Thornhill BA, Chang AY. Unilateral ureteral obstruction in neonatal rats leads to renal insufficiency in adulthood. Kidney internat 2000; 58:1987-1995.
22. Chan W, Krieg Jr RJ, Ward K, Santos Jr F, Lin K-C, Chan JC. Progression after release of obstructive nephropathy. Pediatr Nephrol 2001; 16:238-244.
23. Roth KS, Carter Jr WH, Chan JC. Obstructive nephropathy in children: long-term progression after relief of posterior urethral valve. Pediatrics 2001; 107:1004-1010.
24. Ito K, Chen J, Seshan SV, Khodadadian JJ, Gallagher R, Chaar ME, et al. Dietary arginine supplementation attenuates renal damage after relief of unilateral ureteral obstruction in rats1. Kidney int 2005; 68:515-528.
25. Downey P, Tolley D, Johnston S, Young M. Ischemia–Reperfusion Injury after Relief of Ureteral Obstruction: An Animal Study. J endourol 2001; 15:209-211.
26. Morrissey J, Hruska K, Guo G, Wang S, Chen Q, Klahr S. Bone morphogenetic protein-7 improves renal fibrosis and accelerates the return of renal function. J Am Soc Nephrol 2002; 13:S14-S21.
27. Hesketh EE, Vernon MA, Ding P, Clay S, Borthwick G, Conway B, et al. A murine model of irreversible and reversible unilateral ureteric obstruction. J Vis Exp 2014:e52559.
28. Chevalier RL, Thornhill BA, Chang AY, Cachat F, Lackey A. Recovery from release of ureteral obstruction in the rat: relationship to nephrogenesis. Kidney int 2002; 61:2033-2043.
29. Soliman SA, Shokeir AA, Mosbah A, Abol-Enein H, Barakat N, Abou-Bieh E, et al. Recoverability of renal function after relief of chronic partial unilateral ureteral obstruction: study of the effect of angiotensin receptor blocker (losartan). Urology 2010; 75:848-852.
30. Koo JW, Kim Y, Rozen S, Mauer M. Enalapril accelerates remodeling of the renal interstitium after release of unilateral ureteral obstruction in rats. J Nephrol 2003; 16:203-209.
31. Chaabane W, Praddaude F, Buleon M, Jaafar A, Vallet M, Rischmann P, et al. Renal functional decline and glomerulotubular injury are arrested but not restored by release of unilateral ureteral obstruction (UUO). Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2012; 304:F432-F439.
32. Tapmeier T, Brown K, Tang Z, Sacks S, Sheerin N, Wong W. Reimplantation of the ureter after unilateral ureteral obstruction provides a model that allows functional evaluation. Kidney int 2008; 73:885-889.
33. Puri TS, Shakaib MI, Chang A, Mathew L, Olayinka O, Minto AW, et al. Chronic kidney disease induced in mice by reversible unilateral ureteral obstruction is dependent on genetic background. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2010; 298:F1024-F1032.
34. Ma H, Saenko M, Opuko A, Togawa A, Soda K, Marlier A, et al. Deletion of the Met receptor in the collecting duct decreases renal repair following ureteral obstruction. Kidney int 2009; 76:868-876.
35. Liu Y, Sun J, Miao L, Ji L, Luo M, Li B, et al. A porcine model of relief of unilateral ureteral obstruction: study on self-repairing capability over multiple time points. Mol cell biochem 2016; 419:115-123.
36. Bonventre JV. Dedifferentiation and proliferation of surviving epithelial cells in acute renal failure. J Am Soc Nephrol 2003; 14:S55-S61.
37. Rookmaaker MB, Verhaar M, Van Zonneveld A, Rabelink TJ. Progenitor cells in the kidney: biology and therapeutic perspectives. Kidney int 2004; 66:518-522.
38. Menè P, Polci R, Festuccia F. Mechanisms of repair after kidney injury. J nephrol 2003; 16:186-195.
39. Thornhill B, Forbes M, Marcinko E, Chevalier R. Glomerulotubular disconnection in neonatal mice after relief of partial ureteral obstruction. Kidney int 2007; 72:1103-1112.
40. Duffield JS. The inflammatory macrophage: a story of Jekyll and Hyde. Clin Sci (Lond) 2003; 104:27-38.
41. Gordon S, Martinez FO. Alternative activation of macrophages: mechanism and functions. Immunity 2010; 32:593-604.
42. Sun DF, Fujigaki Y, Fujimoto T, Goto T, Yonemura K, Hishida A. Mycophenolate mofetil inhibits regenerative repair in uranyl acetate-induced acute renal failure by reduced interstitial cellular response. Am J pathol 2002; 161:217-227.
43. Shi Y, Pedersen M, Li C, Wen JG, Thomsen K, Stødkilde-Jørgensen H, et al. Early release of neonatal ureteral obstruction preserves renal function. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2004; 286:F1087-F1099.
44. Shokeir AA, Shoma AM, Abubieh EA, Nasser MA, Eassa W, El-Asmy A. Recoverability of renal function after relief of acute complete ureteral obstruction: clinical prospective study of the role of renal resistive index. Urology 2002; 59:506-510.
45. Bai Z-m, Deng X-d, Li J-d, Li D-h, Cao H, Liu Z-x, et al. arterially transplanted mesenchymal stem cells in a mouse reversible unilateral ureteral obstruction model: in vivo bioluminescence imaging and effects on renal fibrosis. Chin Med J (Engl) 2013; 126:1890-1894.
46. Semedo P, Correa‐Costa M, Cenedeze MA, Malheiros DMAC, dos Reis MA, Shimizu MH, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells attenuate renal fibrosis through immune modulation and remodeling properties in a rat remnant kidney model. Stem cells 2009; 27:3063-3073.
47. Sweeney P, Young L, Fitzpatrick J. An autoradiographic study of regional blood flow distribution in the rat kidney during ureteric obstruction—the role of vasoactive compounds. BJU int 2001; 88:268-272.
48. Hammad F, Lubbad L. The effect of diclofenac sodium on renal function in reversible unilateral ureteric obstruction. Urol res 2011; 39:351-356.
49. Vonkeman HE, van de Laar MA, editors. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: adverse effects and their prevention. Seminars in arthritis and rheumatism; 2010: Elsevier.
50. Schneider V, Lévesque LE, Zhang B, Hutchinson T, Brophy JM. Association of selective and conventional nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs with acute renal failure: a population-based, nested case-control analysis. Am J Epidemiol 2006; 164:881-889.
51. Swan SK, Rudy DW, Lasseter KC, Ryan CF, Buechel KL, Lambrecht LJ, et al. Effect of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition on renal function in elderly persons receiving a low-salt diet: a randomized, controlled trial. Ann Intern Med 2000; 133:1-9.
52. Wang-Rosenke Y, Mika A, Khadzhynov D, Loof T, Neumayer H-H, Peters H. Impact of biological gender and soluble guanylate cyclase stimulation on renal recovery after relief of unilateral ureteral obstruction. J Urol 2012; 188:316-323.
53. Wang-Rosenke Y, Mika A, Khadzhynov D, Loof T, Neumayer H-H, Peters H. Stimulation of soluble guanylate cyclase improves renal recovery after relief of unilateral ureteral obstruction. J Urol 2011; 186:1142-1149.
54. Böttinger EP, editor TGF-β in renal injury and disease. Seminars in nephrology; 2007: Elsevier.
55. Miyazono K, Kusanagi K, Inoue H. Divergence and convergence of TGF‐β/BMP signaling. J Cell Physiol 2001; 187:265-276.
56. El Chaar M, Chen J, Seshan SV, Jha S, Richardson I, Ledbetter SR, et al. Effect of combination therapy with enalapril and the TGF-β antagonist 1D11 in unilateral ureteral obstruction. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2007; 292:F1291-F1301.
57. Sinik Z, Turan T, Demir S, Yilmaz U, Sert S, Aybek Z. The effect of partial unilateral ureteral obstruction release and allopurinol on the renal malondialdehyde and glutathione levels. Int J Urol 2005; 12:990-993.
58. Hvistendahl JJ, Pedersen TS, Djurhuus JC, Pedersen EB, Frøkiær J. Losartan attenuates renal vasoconstriction in response to acute unilateral ureteral occlusion in pigs. Urol Res 2002; 30:169-177.
59. Manucha W, Carrizo L, Ruete C, Molina H, Vallés P. Angiotensin II type I antagonist on oxidative stress and heat shock protein 70 (HSP 70) expression in obstructive nephropathy. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 2005; 51:547-555.
60. Kellner D, Chen J, Richardson I, Seshan SV, el Chaar M, Vaughan E, et al. Angiotensin receptor blockade decreases fibrosis and fibroblast expression in a rat model of unilateral ureteral obstruction. J Urol 2006; 176:806-812.
61. Manucha W, Oliveros L, Carrizo L, Seltzer A, Vallés P. Losartan modulation on NOS isoforms and COX-2 expression in early renal fibrogenesis in unilateral obstruction. Kidney int 2004; 65:2091-2107.
62. Hassanshahi J, Nematbakhsh M. The role of Mas receptor on renal hemodynamic responses to angiotensin 1-7 in both irreversible and reversible unilateral ureteral obstruction rats. Adv Biomed Res 2018; 7.
63. Eiam‐ong S, Udom J, Sueblinvong T, EIAM‐ONG S. Apoptosis of circulating lymphocyte in rats with unilateral ureteral obstruction: role of angiotensin II. Nephrol 2005; 10:464-469.
64. Chen CO, Park MH, Forbes MS, Thornhill BA, Kiley SC, Yoo KH, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition aggravates renal interstitial injury resulting from partial unilateral ureteral obstruction in the neonatal rat. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2007; 292:F946-F955.
65. Gonçalves RG, Biato MA, Colosimo RD, Martinusso CA, Pecly ID, Farias EK, et al. Effects of mycophenolate mofetil and lisinopril on collagen deposition in unilateral ureteral obstruction in rats. Am J Nephrol 2004; 24:527-536.
66. Hammad FT, Lubbad L. The effect of aliskiren on the renal dysfunction following unilateral ureteral obstruction in the rat. Int J Physiol Pathophysiol pharmacol 2016; 8:70.
67. Hammad FT, Wheatley AM, Davis G. Long-term renal effects of unilateral ureteral obstruction and the role of endothelin. Kidney Int 2000; 58:242-250.
68. Peterson AC, Webster GD. Management of urethral stricture disease: developing options for surgical intervention. BJU Int 2004; 94:971-976.
69. Kim M, Song G, Park SH, Sohn M, Song SH, Park HK, et al. Outcomes of patients with ureteral obstruction who achieved stent-free state following balloon dilatation. Scand J Urol 2016; 50:396-400.
70. Andrich D, Mundy A. Urethral strictures and their surgical treatment. BJU Int 2000; 86:571-580.
71. Deng GY, Sun JJ, Wang P, Mo JC. Renal parenchymal thickness and urinary protein levels in patients with ureteropelvic junction obstruction after nephrostomy placement. Int J Urol 2010; 17:250-253.
72. Tavukçu HH, Tinay İ, Tarcan T. To save or not to save the kidney: relieving unilateral obstruction may significantly improve an initially low split renal creatinine clearance. 2016.
73. Davari HR, Haghighi M, Shahi Z, HASSANZAD AM. Improvement of renal function after relief of chronic partial upper urinary tract obstruction. 2005.
74. Shokeir A, Provoost A, Nijman R. Recoverability of renal function after relief of chronic partial upper urinary tract obstruction. BJU Int 1999; 83:11-17.
75. Armatys SA, Mellon MJ, Beck SD, Koch MO, Foster RS, Bihrle R. Use of ileum as ureteral replacement in urological reconstruction. J Urol 2009; 181:177-181.