Swaminathan S. Tuberculosis, the only infection disease to be declared a global emergency by the WHO, is a major cause of death in adults and children worldwide. J Pediatr 2000; 67:S1-S2
2. Texeria CH, Abramo C, Munk ME. Immunological diagnosis of tuberculosis, problems and strategies for success. J Bras Pneumol 2007; 33:323-334.
3. Lange C, Mori T. Advances in the diagnosis of tuberculosis. Respirology 2010; 15:220-240.
4. Cho SN. Current issues on molecular and immunological diagnosis of tuberculosis. Yonsei Med J 2007; 48:347-359.
5. Smith I. Mycobacterium tuberculosis pathogenesis and molecular determinants of virulence. Clin Microbial Rev 2003; 16:463-496.
6. Dietrich J, Doherty TM. Interaction of
with the host: consequence For Vaccine development. APMIS. 2009;117(5-6):440-57
7. Schluger NW, Rom WN. The host immune response to tuberculosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1998; 157:679-691.
8. Caccamo N, Guggino G, Meraviglia S, Gelsomino G, Di Carlo P, Titone L,
Analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis-specific CD8 T-cells in patients with active tuberculosis and in individuals with latent infection. PLoS One 2009; 4:e 5528.
9. Uppal SS, Tewari SC,Verma S, Dhot PS. Comparison of CD4
+ and CD8+
Lymphocyte counts in HIV-Negative Pulomonary TB patients with those in normal blood donors and the effect of antitubercular treatment: Hospital-Based flow cytometric study. Cytometry Clin Cytometry 2004; 61B:20-26.
10. Jashua SM. Wood Worth and Samuel M.Behar
؟؟. Mycobacterium tuberculosis specific CD8+ T Cells and Their role in immunity.
Crit Rev Immunol 2006; 26:317-352.
11. Vilcek J, Kilon A, Henriksen-Destefano D, Zemts, A , Davidson DM, Davidson M,
Defective gamma-interferon production in peripheral blood leukocytes of patients with acute tuberculosis. J Clin Immunol 198 6; 6:146-51.
12. Sodhi A, Gong J, Silva C, Gian D, Barnes PF. Clinical Correlates of interferon gamma production in patients with tuberculosis. Clin Infect Dis 1997; 25:617-620.