1Nuclear Medicine Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
21 Nuclear Medicine Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Objective(s): Citation tracking is an important method to analyze the scientific impact of journal articles and can be done through Scopus (SC), Google Scholar (GS), or ISI web of knowledge (WOS). In the current study, we analyzed the citations to 2011-2012 articles of Iranian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences (IJBMS) in these three resources.
Material and Methods: The relevant data from SC, GS, and WOS official websites. Total number of citations, their overlap and unique citations of these three recourses were evaluated.
Results: WOS and SC covered 100% and GS covered 97% of the IJBMS items. Totally, 37 articles were cited at least once in one of the studied resources. Total number of citations were 20, 30, and 59 in WOS, SC, and GS respectively. Forty citations of GS, 6 citation of SC, and 2 citations of WOS were unique.
Conclusion: Every scientific resource has its own inaccuracies in providing citation analysis information. Citation analysis studies are better to be done each year to correct any inaccuracy as soon as possible. IJBMS has gained considerable scientific attention from wide range of high impact journals and through citation tracking method; this visibility can be traced more thoroughly.
9. Zarifmahmoudi L, Sadeghi R. Comparison of ISI web of knowledge, SCOPUS, and Google Scholar h-indices of Iranian nuclear medicine scientists. Iran J Nucl Med 2012;20:1-4.
10. Pourshanazari A, Allahtavakoli M, Hassanshahi G. Effects of low-dose morphine on nitric oxide concentration and angiogenesis in two-kidney one clip hypertensive rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2011;14:560-567.
11. Moghim S, Sarikhani E, Esfahani BN, Faghri J. Identification of nontuberculous mycobacteria species isolated from water samples using phenotypic and molecular methods and determination of their antibiotic resistance patterns by E.test method, in Isfahan, Iran. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2012;15:1076-1082.
12. Hosseinzadeh L, Behravan J, Mosaffa F, Bahrami G, Bahrami AR, Karimi G. Effect of curcumin on doxorubicin-induced cytotoxicity in H9c2 cardiomyoblast cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2011;14:49-56.
13. Bideskan ARE, Taheri MMH, Nikravesh MR, Fazel AR. Lectin histochemical study of vasculogenesis during rat pituitary morphogenesis. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2011;14:35-41.