1. Hirata KY, Kawamura MK, Igarashi H. Development of a new acaricide, pyridaben . J Pest Sci 1995; 20:177-179.
2. Stumpf N, Nauen R. Cross-resistance, Inheritance, and biochemistry of mitochondrial electron transport inhibitor-acaricide resistance in Tetranychus urticae (Acari: Tetranchidae). J Econ Entomol 2001; 94:1577-583.
3. Hajime I, Satoru S. Summary of Toxicity Studies with pyridaben: Regulatory Agricultural Division. Nissan Chemical Industries Ltd 1994.
Ebadi Manas et al Pyridaben and Reproductive Functions of BALB/c
Iran J Basic Med Sci, Vol. 16, No. 10, Oct 2013
4. Gomez C, Bandez MJ, Navarro A. Pesticides and impairment of mitochondrial function in relation with the parkinsonian syndrome. Front Biosci 2007; 12:1079-1093.
5. Sherer TB, Betarbet R, greenamyre JT. Environment,mitochondria, and Parkinsons disease. Neuroscientist 2002; 8:102-197.
6. Todd B, Sheer JR, Claudia M, Tesa Byoung Boo Seo, Alexander V, Panov Takao Yagi, et al. Mechanism of pesticides acting at complex I :relevance to environmental etiologies of Parkinson disease. J Neurochem 2007; 100:1469-1476.
7. Okun JG, Lummen P, Brandt U. Three classes of inhibitors share a common binding domain in mitochondrial complex I (NADH: ubiquinone oxidoreductase). J Biol Chem 1999; 274:2625-2630.
8. Schuler F, Casida JE. The insecticide target in the PSST subunit of complex I. Pest Manag Sci 2001; 57:932-940.
9. Garacia-Ruiza C, Colell A, Mari Morales A, Fernandez-Checa JC. Direct effect of ceramide on the mitochondrial electron transport chain leads to generation of reactive oxygen species. J Biol Chem. 1997; 272:11369-11377.
10. Barrientos A, Moraes T.Titrating the effects of mitochondrial complex I impairment in the cell physiology. J Biol Chem 1999; 274:16188-16197.
11. Schuler F, Yano TD, Bernardo S, Yagi T, Yankovskaya V, Singer TP, et al. NADH-auinone oxidoreductase:PSST subunit couples electron transfer from iron- sulfur cluster N2 to quinine . Proc Natl Acad Sci 1999; 96:4149-4153.
12. kushnareva Y, Murphy AN, Andreyev A. Complex I – mediated reactive oxygen species generation: modulation by cytochrome c and NAD(P)+ oxidation-reduction state. Biochem J 2002; 368:545-553.
13. Pierre J, Buckingham JA, Roebuck SJ, Brand MD. Topology of superoxide production from different sites in the mitochondrial electron transport chain. J Biol Chem 2002; 277:44784-44790.
14. Li N, Ragheb K, Lawler G, Sturgis J, Rajwa B, Melendez JA, et al. Mitochondrial complex I inhibitor rotenone induces apoptosis through enhancing mitochondrial reactive oxygen species production. J Biol Chem 2003; 278:8516-8525.
15. Sipos I, Tretter L, Adam- Vizi. The production of reactive oxygen species in intact isolated nerve terminals is independent of the mitochondrial membrane potential. Neurochem Res 2003; 28:1575-1581.
16. Chen Q, Vazques EJ, Moghaddas S, Hoppel CL, Lesnefsky EJ. Production of reactive oxygen species by mitochondria : central role of complex III. J Biol Chem 2003; 278:36027-36031.
17. Stephen E, Bloom AT, Muscarella L, Donna E. Toxicologi Sci 2006; 89:214-223.
18. Nianbai F, John E. Anticancer action of cube insecticide. Proc Natl Sci USA Agri Sci. 1998; 95, 3380-3384.
19. Saleh RA, Agarwal A. Oxidative stress and male infertility: from research bench to clinical practice. J Androl 2002; 23:737-752.
20. Agarwal A, Nallella KP, Allamaneni SS, Said TM. Role of antioxidants in treatment of male infertility: an overview of the literature. Reprod Biomed Online 2004; 8:616-627.
21. de Lamirande E, Leduc BE, Iwasaki A, Hassouna M, Gagnon C. Increased reactive oxygen species formation in semen of patients with spinal cord injury. Fertil Steril 1995; 64:637–642.
22. Padron OF, Brackett NL, Sharma RK, Lynne CM, Thomas AJ, Agarwal A. Seminal reactive oxygen species, sperm motility and morphology in men with spinal cord injury. Fertil Steril 1997; 67:1115-1120.
23. Sharma RK, Agarwal A. Role of reactive oxygen species in male infertility. Urology 1996; 48:835–850.
24. Vernet P, Aitken RJ, Drevet JR. Antioxidant strategies in the epididymis. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2004; 216:31–39.
25. Zini A, de Lamirande E, Gagnon C. Reactive oxygen species in the semen of infertile patients: levels of superoxide dismutase- and catalase-like activities in seminal plasma. Int J Androl 1993; 16:183–188.
26. Kessopoulou E, Tomlinson MJ, Banat CLR, Bolton AE, Cooke ID. Origin of reactive oxygen species in human semen-spermatozoa or leukocytes. J Reprod Fertil 1992; 94:463–470.
27. Garrido N, Meseguer M, Simon C, Pellicer A, Remohi J. Pro-oxidative and anti-oxidative imbalance in human semen and its relation with male fertility. Asian J Androl 2004; 6:59-65.
28. Gomez E, Irvine DS, Aitken RJ. Evaluation of a spectrophotometric assay for the measurement of malondialdehyde and 4-hydroxyalkenals in human spermatozoa: relationships with semen quality and sperm function. Int J Androl 1998; 21:81–94.
29. Evenson DP, Darzynkiewicz Z, Melamed MR. Simultaneous measurement by flow cytometry of sperm cell viability and mitochondrial membrane potential related to cell motility. J Histochem Cytochem 1982; 30:279-280.
30. Aitken RJ. Free radicals, lipid peroxidation and sperm function. Reprod Fertil Dev 1995; 7:659-668.
31. Kodama H, Kuribayashi Y, Gagnon C. Effect of sperm lipid peroxidation on fertilization. J Androl 1996; 17:151-157
32. Alvarez JG, Storey BT. Differential incorporation of fatty acids into and peroxidative loss of fatty acids from phospholipids of human spermatozoa. Mol Reprod Dev 1995; 42:334-346.
33. Aitken RJ, Clarkson JS, Fishel S. Generation of reactive oxygen species, lipid peroxidation, and human sperm function. Biol Reprod 1989; 41:183-197.
34. Armstrong JS, Rajasekaran M, Chamulitrat W, Gatti P, Hellstrom WJ, Sikka SC. Characterization of reactive oxygen species induced effects on human spermatozoa movement and energy metabolism. Free Radic Biol Med 1999; 26:869-880.
35. Kemal Duru N, Morshedi M, Oehninger S. Effects of hydrogen peroxide on DNA and plasma membrane integrity of human spermatozoa. Fertil Steril 2000; 74:1200-1207.
36. Aitken RJ, Krausz C. Oxidative stress, DNA damage and the Y chromosome. Reproduction 2001; 122:497-506.
37. Spiropoulos J, Turnbull DM, Chinnery PF. Can mitochondrial DNA mutations cause sperm dysfunction? Mol Hum Reprod 2002; 8:719-721.
38. Agarwal A, Prabhakaran SA, Sikka SC. Clinical relevance of oxidative stress in patients with male factor infertility: evidence-based analysis. AUA Update 2007; 26:1-12.
Pyridaben and Reproductive Functions of BALB/c Mice Strain Ebadi Manas et al
Iran J Basic Med Sci, Vol. 16, No. 10, Oct 2013
39. Sakkas D, Urner F, Bizzaro D, Manicardi G, Bianchi PG, Shoukir Y. Sperm nuclear DNA damage and altered chromatin structure: effect on fertilization and embryo development. Hum Reprod 1998; 13:11-19.
40. Lee J, Richburg JH, Younkin SC, Boekelheide K. The Fas system is a key regulator of germ cell apoptosis in the testis. Endocrinology 1997; 138:2081-2088.
41. Cande C, Cecconi F, Dessen P, Kroemer G. Apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF): key to the conserved caspase-independent pathways of cell death? J Cell Sci 2002; 115:4727-4734.
42. Virag L, Szabo E, Gergely P, Szabo C. Peroxynitrite-induced cytotoxicity: mechanism and opportunities for intervention. Toxicol Lett 2003; 140–141, 113–124.
43. Benzie IF, Strain JJ. Ferric reducing/antioxidant power assay: direct measure of total antioxidant activity of biological fluids and modified version for simultaneous measurement of total antioxidant power and ascorbic acid concentration. Methods Enzymol 1999; 299:15-27.
44. Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr AL. Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. J Biol Chem 1951; 193:265-275.
45. Nidhi M, Pandey G, Jain A. Review of the male reproductive toxicity. J Herb Med Toxicol 2010; 4:1-8.
46. GU Qing Yi, Chen Wen Bo, Wang Li Jun, Shen Jun, Zhang Jian Ping. Effects of sublethal dosage of abamectin and pyridaben on life table of laboratory populations of Tetranychus turkestani (Acari: Tetranychidae) Acta Entomologica Sinica 2010; 53: 876-883.
47. Meltem U, Yusuf K, Kerem D, Suna K, Ayse O, FatmaB. Acute, subacute and subchronic administration of methyl parathion-induced testicular damage in male rats and protective role of vitamins C and E. Pest Biochem Physiol 2007; 87:115-122.
48. Joshi SC, Mathur R, Gulati N. Testicular toxicity of chlorpyrifos (an organophosphate pesticide) in albino rat. Toxicol Ind Health 2007; 23:439-444.
49. Ngoula F, Pierre W, Dongmo M, Kenfack A, Kamtchouing P, Tchoumboué J. Effects of pirimiphos-
methyl (an organophosphate insecticide) on the fertility of adult male rats. Afr Health Sci 2007; 7:3–9.
50. Kulshrestha SK, Neelam A. Impairments induced by sublethal doses of two pesticides in the ovaries of freshwater tele0st Channa striatus bloch. Toxicol Lett 1984; 1:93-98.
51. Uzun FG, Kalender S, Durak D, Demir F, Kalender Y. Malathion-induced testicular toxicity in male rats and the protective effect of vitamins C and E. Food Chem Toxicol 2009; 47:1903- 1908.
52. Sayým F. Histopathological effects of dimethoate on testes of rats. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 2007; 78:479-484.
53. Farag AT, Ahmed F, Aswad E, Shaaban NA. Assessment of reproductive toxicity of orally administered technical dimethoate in male mice. Reprod Toxicol 2007; 23: 232-238.
54. Hwa–Young S, Yong–Bum K, Boo–Hyon K, Sung–Whan C, Chang–Su H, Jung–Koo R. Effects of 2-bromopropane on spermatogenesis in the sprague–dawley rat. Reprod Toxicol 1999; 13:179–187.
55. Ngoula F, Tchoumboue J, Watcho P, Kenfack A, Defang Fualefac H, Manga Nzouck J, et al. Effects of dimethoate (organophosphate insecticide) on the reproductive system and fertility of adult male rats (Rattus norvegicus). Presented at the International Conference for Toxicological Sciences. 2011; 31st may – 03rd June, University of Buéa-Cameroon. THEME: "Searching for African Solutions to Human and Environmental Toxicological Challenge".
56. Afaf AM, Azza H. Evaluation of subchronic exposure of the male rat's reproductive system to the insecticide methomyl. Saudi J Biol Sci 2000; 7:2.
57. Ray A, Chatterjee S, Ghosh S, Kabir SN, Pakrashi A, Deb C. Suppressive effect of quinalphos on the activity of accessory sex glands and plasma concentrations of gonadotrophins and testosterone in rats. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 1991; 21:383-387.
58. Vaithinathan S, Saradha B, Mathur PP. Transient inhibitory effect of methoxychlor on testicular steroidogenesis in rat. Arch Toxicol 2008; 82:833-839.