1. Benham Aa. Ramadan Fasting And Diabetes Mellitus. Arch Iran Med 2003; 6:237-242.
2. Meckel Y, Ismaeel A, Eliakim A. The effect of the Ramadan fast on physical performance and dietary habits in adolescent soccer players. Eur J Appl Physiol 2008; 102:651-567.
3. Al-Hourani HM, Atoum MF. Body composition, nutrient intake and physical activity patterns in young women during Ramadan. Singapore Med J 2007; 48:906-910.
4. Muazzam MG, Khaleque KA. Effects of fasting in ramadhan. J Trop Med Hyg 1959; 62:292-294.
5. Nomani MZ, Hallak MH, Nomani S, Siddiqui IP. Changes in blood urea and glucose and their association with energy-containing nutrients in men on hypocaloric diets during Ramadan fasting. Am J Clin Nutr 1989; 49:1141-1115.
6. Prentice AM, Lamb WH, Prentice A, Coward WA. The effect of water abstention on milk synthesis in lactating women. Clin Sci (Lond) 1984; 66:291-298.
7. Malhotra A, Scott PH, Scott J, Gee H, Wharton BA. Metabolic changes in Asian Muslim pregnant mothers observing the Ramadan fast in Britain. Br J Nutr 1989; 61:663-672.
8. Al-Hader AF, Abu-Farsakh NA, Khatib SY, Hasan ZA. The effects of Ramadan fasting on certain biochemical parameters in normal subjects and in type II diabetic patients. Ann Saudi Med 1994; 14:139-141.
9. Barber SG, Fairweather S, Wright AD, FitzGerald MG, Malins JM. Muslims, Ramadan, and diabetes mellitus. Br Med J 1979; 2:46-47.
10. Sahin SB, Ayaz T, Ozyurt N, Ilkkilic K, Kirvar A, Sezgin H. The Impact of Fasting during Ramadan on the Glycemic Control of Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 2013; 9:9.
11. Sweileh N, Schnitzler A, Hunter GR, Davis B. Body composition and energy metabolism in resting and exercising muslims during Ramadan fast. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 1992; 32:156-163.
12. El-Hazmi MAF A-FF A-MI. Effect of Ramadan fasting on the values of haematological parameters. Saudi Med J 1987; 8:171-176.
13. Farzadnia M, Ayatollahi H, Hasan-Zade M, Rahimi HR. A comparative study of serum level of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (sVCAM-1), intercellular adhesion molecule-1(ICAM-1) and high sensitive C - reactive protein (hs-CRP) in normal and pre-eclamptic pregnancies. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16:689-693.
14. Moallem SA, Hadizadeh F, Abdol Abadi F, Shahraki M, Shamsara J. Synthesis and evaluation of pyridinyltriazoles as inhibitors of p38 MAP Kinase. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2012; 15:945-950.
15. Duke JH Jr, Yar MS. Primary small bowel volvulus: cause and management. Arch Surg 1977; 112:685-688.
16. Nagra SA, Gilani AH. A Physiological and hematological study of Ramadan fasting in Pakistan. J Sci Res PU 1991; 20:25-30.
17. Kul S, Savas E, Ozturk ZA, Karadag G. Does Ramadan Fasting alter body weight and blood lipids and fasting blood clucose in a healthy population? A Meta-analysis. J Relig Health 2013; 20:20.
18. Maislos M, Khamaysi N, Assali A, Abou-Rabiah Y, Zvili I, Shany S. Marked increase in plasma high-density-lipoprotein cholesterol after prolonged fasting during Ramadan. Am J Clin Nutr 1993; 57:640-642.
19. Qujeq D, Bijani K, Kalavi K, Mohiti J, Aliakbarpour H. Effects of Ramadan fasting on serum low-density and high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol concentrations. Ann Saudi Med 2002; 22:297-299.
20.Yegin MM ST, Keha EE, Cil MY, Unaldi, M, Onder E, Ari Z,
et al. Alterations in some blood constituents in Ramadan. J Newsletter. 1984; 3:165-166.
21. Nomani M. Z. A. Dietary fat, blood cholesterol and uric acid levels during Ramadan fasting. J Ramadan Fasting Res 1977; 1:1-6.
Effect of Ramadan Fasting on Inflammatory Responses Akrami Mohajeri et al
Iran J Basic Med Sci, Vol. 16, No. 12, Dec 2013
22. El-Hazmi MAF A-FF, Al-Mofleh IA. Effect of Ramadan fasting on the values of haematological parameters. Saudi Med J 1987; 8:171-176.
23. Dewanti L, Watanabe C, Sulistiawati, Ohtsuka R. Unexpected changes in blood pressure and hematological parameters among fasting and nonfasting workers during Ramadan in Indonesia. Eur J Clin Nutr 2006; 60:877-881.
24. Ramadan J MM, Telahoun G. Effect of Ramadan fasting on physical performance, blood and body composition. Med Princ Pract 1994; 4:204-212.
25. Ramadan J, Telahoun G, Al-Zaid NS, Barac-Nieto M. Responses to exercise, fluid, and energy balances during Ramadan in sedentary and active males. Nutrition 1999; 15:735-739.
26. Azizi F. Research in Islamic fasting and health. Ann Saudi Med 2002; 22:186-191.
27. Couillard C, Despres JP, Lamarche B, Bergeron J, Gagnon J, Leon AS
, et al. Effects of endurance exercise training on plasma HDL cholesterol levels depend on levels of triglycerides: evidence from men of the Health, Risk Factors, Exercise Training and Genetics (HERITAGE) Family Study. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2001; 21:1226-1232.
28. Tikkanen HO, Hamalainen E, Harkonen M. Significance of skeletal muscle properties on fitness, long-term physical training and serum lipids. Atherosclerosis 1999; 142:367-378.
29. Baker T, Allen D, Lei Y, Willcox K. Alterations in lipid and protein profiles of plasma lipoproteins in middle-aged men consequent to an aerobic exercise program. J Metabolism. 1986;35: 1037-43
30. Aksungar FB, Topkaya AE, Akyildiz M. Interleukin-6, C-reactive protein and biochemical parameters during prolonged intermittent fasting. Ann Nutr Metab 2007; 51:88-95.
31. Ünalacak M, Kara İH, Baltaci D, Erdem Ö, Bucaktepe PGE. Effects of Ramadan fasting on biochemical and hematological parameters and cytokines in healthy and obese individuals. Metab Synd Relat Disord 2011; 9:157-161.
32. Khandany BK, Hassanshahi G, Khorramdelazad H, Balali Z, Shamsizadeh A, Arababadi MK,
et al. Evaluation of circulating concentrations of CXCL1 (Gro-α), CXCL10 (IP-10) and CXCL12 (SDF-1) in ALL patients prior and post bone marrow transplantation. Pathol Res Pract 2012; 208:615-619.