1. Norman RJ, Dewailly D, Legro RS, Hickey TE. Polycystic ovary syndrome. Lancet 2007; 370:685-697.
2. Teede H, Deeks A, Moran L. Polycystic ovary syndrome: a complex conditions with psychological, reproductive and metabolic manifestations that impact on health across the lifespan. J Free Radic Bio Med 2007; 43:1388–1393.
3. Lewandowski KC, Cajdler-Łuba A, Salata I, Bieńkiewicz M, Lewiński A. The utility of the gonadotrophin releasing hormone (GnRH) test in the diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). J Endokrynol Pol 2011; 62:120-128.
4. Mannerås L, Cajander S, Holmäng A, Seleskovic Z, Lystig T, Lönn M,et al. A new rat model exhibiting both ovarian and metabolic characteristics of polycystic ovary syndrome. J Endocrinology 2007; 148(8): 3781-3791.
5. González F, Rote N. S, Minium J, Kirwan J. P. Reactive oxygen species-induced oxidative stress in the development of insulin resistance and hyperandrogenism in polycystic ovary syndrome. J Clin Endocr Metab 2006; 91: 336-340.
6. Agarwal A, Aponte-Mellado A, Premkumar BJ, Shaman A, Gupta S. The effects of oxidative stress on female reproduction: a review. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2012; 10:49-80.
7. Gharagozloo P, Aitken RJ. The role of sperm oxidative stress in male infertility and the significance of oral antioxidant therapy. Hum Reprod 2011; 26:1628-1640.
8. Sambuca T, Viral H, Haram M. Oxidative stress in polycystic ovary syndrome and its contribution to the risk of cardiovascular disease. Clan Biochem 2001; 407–413.
9. Leeman L, Acharya U. The use of metformin inthe management of polycystic ovary syndromeand associated anovulatory infertility: thecurrent evidence. Obstet Gynaecol 2009; 29:467–472.
10. McDonald C, Bauer J, Capra S, Waterhouse M. Muscle function and omega-3 fatty acids in the prediction of lean body mass after breast cancer treatment. Springerplus. 2013; 2:1-8.
11. Poudyal H, Panchal SK, Diwan V, Brown L. Omega-3 fatty acids and metabolic syndrome: effects and emerging mechanisms of action. Prog Lipd Res 2011; 50:372-387.
12. Fathiazad F; Khaki A; Nouri M,Khaki AA. Effect of Cinnamon Zeylanicum on serum Testosterone and anti-oxidants levels in Rats. IJWHRS 2013; 1:29-35.Elaheh Ouladsahebmadarek et al Omega-3 and polycystic ovary syndrome in rats under diet
13. Beyer WF Jr, Fridovich I. Assaying for superoxide dismutase activity: some large consequence of minor changes in conditions. Anal Biochem 1987; 559-566.
14. Usoh FI, Akpan EJ, Etim EO, Farombi EO. Antioxidant actions of dried flower of Hibiscus sabidariffa L. on sodium arsenite-induced oxidative stress. Pak J Nutr 2005; 135-141.
15. Sultana A, Nadir S. Pituitary gonadotropic hormones in women with oligo/amenorrhoea. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2008; 20:62-65.
16. Moran LJ, Pasquali R, Teede HJ, Hoeger KM, Norman RJ .Treatment of obesity in polycystic ovary syndrome: a position statement of the Androgen excess and polycystic ovary syndrome society. Fertil Steril 2009; 92:1966-1982.
17. Yancy WS, Olsen MK, Guyton JR, Bakst RP, Westman EC. A lowcarbohydrateketogenic diet versus a low-fat diet to treat obesity and hyperlipidemia. Ann Intern Med 2004; 769-777.
18. Rizk AY, Bedaiwy MA, Al-Inany HG. N-acetylcysteine is a novel adjuvant to clomiphene citrate in clomiphene citrate-resistant patients with polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertil Steril 2005; 367-370.
19. Galletly C, Moran L, Noakes M, Clifton P, Tomlinson L, Norman R. Psychological benefits of a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet in obese women with polycystic ovary syndrome—a pilot study. Appetite 2007; 49:590-593.
20. Agarwal A, Gupta S, Sharma RK. Role of oxidative stress in female reproduction. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2005; 3:1-21.
21. Fujii J, Iuchi Y, Okada F. Fundamental roles of reactive oxygen species and protective mechanisms in the female reproductive system. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2005; 3:43-52.
22.Valko M, Leibfritz D, Moncol J, Cronin MT, MazurM, Telser J. Free radicals and antioxidants in normal physiological functions and human disease. Endocrinol Invest Int J Biochem Cell Biol 2007; 39:44-84.
23. Matos L, Stevenson D, Gomes F, Silva-Carvalho JL, Almeida H. Superoxide dismutase expression in human cumulus oophorus cells. J Mol Hum Reprod 2009; 15:411-419.
24. Tsai-Turton M, Luderer U. Opposing effects of glutathione depletion and follicle-stimulating hormone on reactive oxygen species and apoptosis in cultured preovulatory rat follicles. J Endocrinology 2006 ;147:1224-1236.
25. Duda MK. Polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-3 as modulators of intracellular signaling pathways. Postepy Biochem 2011; 58:149-154.
26. Wang SP, Chen YH, Li H. Association between the levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids and blood lipids in healthy individuals. J Exp Ther Med 2012; 4:1107-1111.
27. Phelan N, O'Connor A, Tun TK, Correia N, Boran G, Roche HM,et al. Hormonal and metabolic effects of polyunsaturated fatty acids in young women with polycystic ovary syndrome: results from a cross-sectional analysis and a randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2011; 93:652-662.
28. Kasim-Karakas SE, Almario RU, Gregory L, Wong R, Todd H, Lasley BL. Metabolic and endocrine effects of a polyunsaturated fatty acid-rich diet in polycystic ovary syndrome. J Clin Endocr Metab 2004; 89:615-620.
29. Tena G, Moran C, Romero R, Moran S. Ovarian morphology and endocrine function in polycystic ovary syndrome. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2011; 284:1443-1448.