1. Bhattacharyya S, Kudgus RA, Bhattacharya R, Mukherjee P. Inorganic nanoparticles in cancer therapy. Pharm Res 2011; 28:237-259.
2. Hirsch LR, Gobin AM, Lowery AR, Tam F, Drezek RA, Halas NJ, et al. Metal nanoshells. Ann Biomed Eng 2006; 34:15-22.
3. Huang X, Jain PK, El-Sayed IH, El-Sayed MA. Plasmonic photothermal therapy (PPTT) using gold nanoparticles. Lasers Med Sci 2008; 23:217-228.
4. Cobley CM, Chen J, Cho EC, Wang LV, Xia Y. Gold nanostructures: a class of multifunctional materials for biomedical applications. Chem Soc Rev 2011; 40:44-56.
5. Huang X, El-Sayed MA. Gold nanoparticles: Optical properties and implementations in cancer diagnosis and photothermal therapy. J Adv Res 2008; 1:13-28.
6. D’Andrea JA, Ziriax JM, Adair ER. Radio frequency electromagnetic fields: mild hyperthermia and safety standards. Prog Brain Res 2007; 162:107-135.
7. Habash RW, Bansal R, Krewski D, Alhafid HT. Thermal therapy, part 2: hyperthermia techniques. Crit Rev Biomed Eng 2006; 34:491-542.
8. Chou C-K. Application of electromagnetic energy in cancer treatment. IEEE T instrum Meas 1988; 37:547-551.
9. Cherukuri P, Curley SA. Use of nanoparticles for targeted, noninvasive thermal destruction of malignant cells. Methods Mol Biol 2010; 624:359-373.
10. Cherukuri P, Glazer ES, Curley SA. Targeted hyperthermia using metal nanoparticles. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 2010; 62:339-345.
11. Glazer ES, Curley SA. Non-invasive radiofrequency ablation of malignancies mediated by quantum dots, gold nanoparticles and carbon nanotubes. Ther Deliv 2011; 2:1325-1330.
12. Glazer ES, Curley SA. Radiofrequency field induced thermal cytotoxicity in cancer cells treated with fluorescent nanoparticles. Cancer 2010; 116:3285-3293.
13. Glazer ES, Zhu C, Massey KL, Thompson CS, Kaluarachchi WD, Hamir AN. Noninvasive radiofrequency field destruction of pancreatic adenocarcinoma xenografts treated with targeted gold nanoparticles. Clin Cancer Res 2010; 16:5712.
14. Raoof M, Curley SA. Non-invasive radiofrequency-induced targeted hyperthermia for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Hepatol 2011; 6.
15. Cardinal J, Klune JR, Chory E, Jeyabalan G, Kanzius JS, Nalesnik M, et al. Noninvasive radiofrequency ablation of cancer targeted by gold nanoparticles. Surgery 2008; 144:125-132.
16. Corr SJ, Raoof M, Mackeyev Y, Phounsavath S, Cheney MA, Cisneros BT, et al. Citrate-capped gold nanoparticle electrophoretic heat production in response to a time-varying radio-frequency electric field. J Phys Chem C 2012; 116:24380-24389.
17. Li D, Jung YS, Tan S, Kim HK, Chory E, Geller DA. Negligible absorption of radiofrequency radiation by colloidal gold nanoparticles. J Colloid Interface Sci 2011; 358:47-53.
18. Raoof M, Cisneros BT, Corr SJ, Palalon F, Curley SA, Koshkina NV. Tumor selective hyperthermia induced by short-wave capacitively-coupled RF electric-fields. PloS One 2013.
19. Raoof M, Zhu C, Kaluarachchi WD, Curley SA. Luciferase-based protein denaturation assay for quantification of radiofrequency field-induced targeted hyperthermia: developing an intracellular thermometer. Int J Hyperthermia 2012; 28:202-209.
20. Raoof M, Corr SJ, Kaluarachchi WD, Massey KL, Briggs K, Zhu C. Stability of antibody-conjugated gold nanoparticles in the endolysosomal nanoenvironment: implications for noninvasive radiofrequency-based cancer therapy. Nanomedicine 2012; 8:1096-1105.
21. San BH, Moh SH, Kim KK. Investigation of the
heating properties of platinum nanoparticles under a radiofrequency current. Int J Hyperthermia 2013; 29:99-105.
22. Moran CH, Wainerdi SM, Cherukuri TK, Kittrell C, Wiley BJ, Nicholas NW. Size-dependent joule heating of gold nanoparticles using capacitively coupled radiofrequency fields. Nano Res 2009; 2:400-405.
23. Tan MC, Ying JY, Chow GM. Composition, particle size, and near-infrared irradiation effects on optical properties of Au-Au2S nanoparticles. J Mater Res 2008; 23:281-293.
24. Ren L, Huang XL, Zhang B, Sun LP, Zhang QQ, Tan MC, et al. Cisplatin-loaded Au-Au2S nanoparticles for potential cancer therapy: Cytotoxicity, in vitro carcinogenicity, and cellular uptake. J Biomed Mater Res A 2008; 85A:787-796.
25. Tan MC, Ying JY, Chow GM. Interfacial properties and in vitro cytotoxic effects of surface-modified near infrared absorbing Au-Au2S nanoparticles. J Mater Sci-Mater M 2009; 20:2091-2103.
26. Huang X-L, Zhang B, Ren L, Ye S-F, Sun L-P, Zhang Q-Q. In vivo toxic studies and biodistribution of near infrared sensitive Au–Au2S nanoparticles as potential drug delivery carriers. J Mater Sci Mater Med 2008; 19:2581-2588.
27. Gobin AM, Watkins EM, Quevedo E, Colvin VL, West JL. Near infrared resonant gold/gold sulfide nanoparticles as a photothermal cancer therapeutic agent. Small 2010; 6:745-752.
28. Kennedy LC, Bickford LR, Lewinski NA, Coughlin AJ, Hu Y, Day ES, et al. A new era for cancer treatment: Gold-nanoparticle-mediated thermal therapies. Small 2011; 7:169-183.
29. Chen H, Zhang X, Dai S, Ma Y, Cui S, Achilefus S, et al. Multifunctional Gold Nanostar Conjugates for Tumor Imaging and Combined Photothermal and Chemo-therapy. Theranostics 2013; 3:633-649.
30. Al-Ghananeem AM, Malkawi AH, Muammer YM, Balko JM, Black EP, Mourad W. Intratumoral delivery of paclitaxel in solid tumor from biodegradable hyaluronan nanoparticle formulations. Aaps Pharmscitech 2009; 10:410-417.
31. Iomin A. A toy model of fractal glioma development under RF electric field treatment. Eur Phys J E. 2012; 35:1-6.
32. Giladi M, Porat Y, Blatt A, Shmueli E, Wasserman Y, Kirson ED, et al. Microbial growth inhibition by alternating electric fields in mice with Pseudomonas aeruginosa lung infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2010; 54:3212-3218.
33. Palti Y, Schneiderman RS, Shmueli E, Kirson ED. TTFields alone and in combination with chemotherapeutic agents effectively reduce the viability of MDR cell sub-lines that over-express ABC transporters. BMC Cancer 2010; 10:229.
34. Stupp R, Wong ET, Kanner AA, Steinberg D, Engelhard H, Heidecke V. NovoTTF-100A versus physician’s choice chemotherapy in recurrent glioblastoma: a randomised phase III trial of a novel treatment modality. Eur J Cancer 2012; 48:2192-2202.
35. Tiwari PK, Kang SK, Kim GJ, Choi J, Mohamed A, Lee JK. Modeling of nanoparticle-mediated eectric field enhancement inside biological cells exposed to AC electric fields. Japan J Appl Phys 2009; 48:087001.