1. Zare K, Fatemi Tabatabaei SR, Shahriari A, Jafari RA. The effect of butter oil on avoidance memory in normal and diabetic rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2012; 15:983-989.
2. Whiting DR, Guariguata L, Weil C, Shaw J. IDF diabetes atlas: global estimates of the prevalence of diabetes for 2011 and 2030. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2011; 94:311–321.
3. Gomez-Perez FJ, Aguilar-Salinas CA, Almeda-Valdes P, Cuevas-Ramos D, Lerman Garber I, Rull JA. HbA1c for the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus in a developing country. Arch Med Res 2010; 4:302-308.
4. Ghorbani A. Phytotherapy for diabetic dyslipi-demia: evidence from clinical trials. Clin Lipidol 2013; 8:311-319.
5. Yilmaz O, Ersan Y, Dilek Ozsahin A, Ozturk AI, Ozkan Y. Consequences of the combined α-tocopherol, ascorbic acid and α-lipoic acid on the glutathione, cholesterol and fatty acid composition in muscle and liver of diabetic rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16:165-172.
6. Chander AP, Reddy RRA, Puchchakayala G. Hypoglycemic and antidiabetic activity of glochidion velutinum on streptozotocin-nicotinamide induced Type 2 diabetic rats. Eur J Biol Sci 2011; 3:126-130.
7. Kumar S, Rashmi N, Kumar D. Evaluation of antidiabetic activity of Euphorbia hirta Linn in streptozotocin induced induced diabetic mice. Indian J Nat Prod Resour 2010; 1:200-203.
8. Ghorbani A. Best herbs for managing diabetes: A review of clinical studies. Braz J Pharm Sci 2013; 49:413-422.
9. Zargari A. Pharmaceutical plants (persian), 7th ed. Tehran: Tehran University Press; 1997.p.212-214.
10. Dashti GR, Teimourinejad A, Salehi M, Sajadi SE, Torabinia N. The effect of hydroalcoholic extract of Dorema aucheri on CD40 protein expression in thoracic aorta of male white rabbits fed with hypercholesterolemic diet. J Isfahan Med Sci 2012; 29:1-11.
11. Mokhtari M, Sharifi S, Parang A. Effect of alcoholic extract of Dorema auchrei on homogram in adult male rats. ZUMS J 2008; 16:37-44.
12. Sadeghi H
, Mirzaee A
, Delaviz H
. Antihyper-lipidaemic and anti-hypercholesterolaemic effects of Dorema aucheri
. Iran J Pharm Res 2004: 3:52-59.
13. Roghani M, Baluchnejadmojarad T, Vaez- Mahdavi MR, Roghani-Dehkordi F. Mechanisms underlying quercetin-induced vasorelaxation in aorta of subchronic diabetic rats: an in vitro study. Vascul Pharmacol 2004; 42:31-35.
14. Brahmachari G. 6. Bio-flavonoids with promising antidiabetic potentials: A critical survey. Opportunity, Challenge and Scope of Natural Products in Medicinal Chemistry. Res Signpost 2011; 2: 2187-212.
15. Song Y, Manson JE, Buring JE, Sesso HD, Liu S. Associations of dietary flavonoids with risk of type 2 diabetes, and markers of insulin resistance and sstemic inflammation in women: a prospective study and cross-sectional analysis. J Am Coll Nutr
16. Ahangarpour A, Mohammadian M, Mahin D. Antidiabetic effect of hydroalcoholic urtica dioica leaf extract in male rats with fructose-induced insulin resistance. Iran J Med Sci
17. Shirwaikar A, Rajendran K, Punitha ISR. Antidiabetic activity of alcoholic stem extract of Coscinium fenestratum in streptozotocin-nicotinamide induced type 2 diabetic rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2005; 97:369–374.
18. Zamami Y, Takatori S, Goda M, Koyama T, Iwatani Y, Jin X, et al. Royal jelly ameliorates insulin resistance in fructose-drinking rats. Biol Pharm Bull 2008; 31:2103-2107.
19. Shahgholiabasi R, Iranshahi F, Seyedhoseini MA, Farbod M. Increased IL-6 and is associated with decreased glucose concentration during cycling exercise. J Bus Econ Stat 2012; 2:40-46.
20. Mousavi SE, Shahriari A, Ahangarpour A, Vatanpour H, Jolodar A. Effects of teucrium polium ethyl acetate extract on serum, liver and muscle triglyceride content of sucrose-induced insulin resistance in rat. Iran J Pharm Res 2012; 11:347-355.
21. Afkhami M, Rashidi M. Type 2 diabetes risk factors. J Rafsanjan Med Sci Univ 2005; 4:348–365. [Persian]
22. Kumar S, Kumar V, Prakash O. Antidiabetic and anti-lipemic effects of Cassia siamea leaves extract in streptozotocin induced diabetic rats. Asian Pac J Trop Med 2010; 3:871-873.
23. Kumar R, Patel D K, Prasad SK, Laloo D, Krishnamurthy S, Hemalatha S. Type 2 antidiabetic activity of bergenin from the roots of Caesalpinia digyna Rottler. Fitoterapia 2012; 83:395–401.
24. Bruce MK
, Bruce AS
. Berne & Levy Physiology, Updated sixth Edition. Philadelphia: Mosby Elsevier; 2010.p.710-711.
25. Ahangarpour A, Oroojan AA, Heydari H. Effect of hydro-alcoholic extract of Dorema aucheri on serum levels of testosterone, FSH and sperm count in nicotinamide-STZ- induced diabetic rat models. ZUMS J 2013; 21:22-31. [Persian]
26. Lee KW
, Ku YH
, Kim M
, Ahn BY
, Chung SS
, Park KS
. Effects of sulfonylureas on peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ activity and on glucose uptake by thiazolidinediones. Diabetes Metab J 2011; 35:340–347.
28. Ghamarian A, Abdollahi M, Xiaogang S, Amiri A, Ahadi A, Nowrouzi A. Effect of chicory seed extract on glucose tolerance test (GTT) and metabolic profile in early and late stage diabetic rats. Daru 2012; 20:2-9.
29. Rangachari B, Savarimuthu I. Antidiabetic and hypolipidemic effect of methanol extract of Lippia nodiflora L. in streptozoto induced diabetic rats. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed 2012; 1:1-7.
30. Watcho P, Gildas AJ, Ulrich MC, Modeste WN, Benoît NT, Kamanyi A. Hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic effects of Bersama engleriana leaves in nicotinamide/streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetic rats. BMC Complement Altern Med
31. Shirwaikar A, Rajendran K, Dinesh Kumar C, Bodla R. Antidiabetic activity of aqueous leaf extract of Annona squamosa in streptozotocin–nicotinamide type 2 diabetic rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2004; 91:171–175.
32. Toker G, Kupeli E, Memisoglu M, Yesilada E. Flavonoids with antinoceceptive and anti-inflammatory activities from the leaves of Tilia argentea (silver linden). J Ethnopharmacol 2004; 95:393-397.
33. Majano PL, Medina J, Zubia I, Sunyer L, Lara-Pezzi E, Maldonado-Rodriguez A, et al. N-Acetyl-cysteine modulates inducible nitric oxide synthase gene
expression in human hepatocytes. J Hepatol 2004; 40:632-637.
34. Andaloussi AB, Louis M, Vuong T, Meddah B, Madiraju P, Settaf A, et al
. The in vivo
antidiabetic activity of nigella sativa is mediated through activation of the AMPK pathway and increasedMuscle Glut4 content. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med
35. Zhang X-F, Benny K-H. Antidiabetic property of ethanolic extract of Andrographis paniculata in streptozotocin-diabetic rat. Acta Pharmacol Sin 2000; 21:1157-1164.