1. Haffner SM. The metabolic syndrome: inflammation, diabetes mellitus, and cardiovascular disease. Am J Cardiol. 2006; 97:3A-11A.
2. Maeda S, Omata M. Inflammation and cancer: role of nuclear factor-kappaB activation. Cancer Sci. 2008; 99:836-842.
3. Walsh NP, Gleeson M, Shephard RJ, Gleeson M, Woods JA, Bishop NC, et al. Position statement. Part one: Immune function and exercise. Exerc Immunol Rev 2011; 17:6-63.
4. Maury E, Brichard SM. Adipokine dysregulation, adipose tissue inflammation and metabolic syndrome. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2010; 314:1-16.
5. Lira FS, Koyama CH, Yamashita AS, Rosa JC, Zanchi NE, Batista ML, Jr, et al. Chronic exercise decreases cytokine production in healthy rat skeletal muscle. Cell Biochem Function 2009; 27:458-461.
6. Pedersen BK. The diseasome of physical inactivity-and the role of myokines in muscle--fat cross talk. J Physiol 2009; 587:5559-5568.
7. Gholamnezhad Z, Boskabady MH, Hosseini M, Sankian M, Khajavi Rad A. Evaluation of immune response after moderate and overtraining exercise in Wistar rat. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2014;17:1-8.
8. Khazaei M. Chronic Low-grade Inflammation after Exercise: Controversies. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2012; 15:1008-1009.
9. Alber G, Al-Robaiy S, Kleinschek M, Knauer J, Krumbholz P, Richter J, et al. Induction of immunity and inflammation by interleukin-12 family members. Ernst Schering Res Found Workshop 2006107-127.
10. Mannon P, Reinisch W. Interleukin 13 and its role in gut defence and inflammation. Gut. 2012; 61:1765-1773.
11. Tussing-Humphreys L, Pini M, Ponemone V, Braunschweig C, Fantuzzi G. Suppressed cytokine production in whole blood cultures may be related to iron status and hepcidin and is partially corrected following weight reduction in morbidly obese pre-menopausal women. Cytokine. 2011; 53:201-206.
12. Gokhale R, Chandrashekara S, Vasanthakumar KC. Cytokine response to strenuous exercise in athletes and non-athletes--an adaptive response. Cytokine. 2007; 40:123-127.
13. Kara E, Ozal M, Gunay M, Kilic M, Baltaci AK, Mogulkoc R. Effects of exercise and zinc supplementation on cytokine release in young wrestlers. Biol Trace Elem Res 2011; 143:1435-1440.
14. Nemet D, Pontello AM, Rose-Gottron C, Cooper DM. Cytokines and growth factors during and after a wrestling season in adolescent boys. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2004; 36:794-800.
15. Walshe I, Robson-Ansley P, St Clair Gibson A, Lawrence C, Thompson KG, Ansley L. The reliability of the IL-6, sIL-6R and sgp130 response to a preloaded time trial. Eur J Appl Physiol 2010; 110:619-625.
16. Zamani A, Vahidinia A, Ghannad MS. The effect of garlic consumption on Th1/Th2 cytokines in phytohemagglutinin (PHA) activated rat spleen lymphocytes. Phytother Res 2009; 23:579-581.
17. Shephard RJ, Shek PN. Effects of exercise and training on natural killer cell counts and cytolytic activity: a meta-analysis. Sports Med 1999; 28:177-195.
18. Plunkett BA, Callister R, Watson TA, Garg ML. Dietary antioxidant restriction affects the inflammatory response in athletes. Br J Nutr 2010; 103:1179-1184.
19. Steinberg JG, Ba A, Bregeon F, Delliaux S, Jammes Y. Cytokine and oxidative responses to maximal cycling exercise in sedentary subjects. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2007; 39:964-968.
20. Ainsworth DM, Appleton JA, Eicker SW, Luce R, Julia Flaminio M, Antczak DF. The effect of strenuous exercise on mRNA concentrations of interleukin-12, interferon-gamma and interleukin-4 in equine pulmonary and peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Vet Immunol Immunopathol 2003; 91:61-71.
21. Capomaccio S, Cappelli K, Spinsanti G, Mencarelli M, Muscettola M, Felicetti M, et al. Athletic humans and horses: comparative analysis of interleukin-6 (IL-6) and IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells in trained and untrained subjects at rest. BMC Physiol 2011; 11:3.
22. Silswal N, Singh AK, Aruna B, Mukhopadhyay S, Ghosh S, Ehtesham NZ. Human resistin stimulates the pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha and IL-12 in macrophages by NF-kappaB-dependent pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005; 334:1092-1101.
23. Xu M, Mizoguchi I, Morishima N, Chiba Y, Mizuguchi J, Yoshimoto T. Regulation of antitumor immune responses by the IL-12 family cytokines, IL-12, IL-23, and IL-27. Clin Dev Immunol 2010; 2010:1-9.
24. Kreymborg K, Bohlmann U, Becher B. IL-23: changing the verdict on IL-12 function in inflammation and autoimmunity. Expert Opin Ther Targets 2005; 9:1123-1136.
25. Starkie R, Ostrowski SR, Jauffred S, Febbraio M, Pedersen BK. Exercise and IL-6 infusion inhibit endotoxin-induced TNF-alpha production in humans. FASEB J 2003; 17:884-886.