1. Jaggi AS, Singh N. Mechanisms in cancer-chemo-therapeutic drugs-induced peripheral neuropathy. Toxicology 2012; 291:1-9.
2. Boyette-Davis J, Dougherty PM. Protection against oxaliplatin-induced mechanical hyperalgesia and intraepidermal nerve fiber loss by minocycline. Exp Neurol 2011; 229:353-357.
3. Joseph EK, Chen X, Bogen O, Levine JD. Oxaliplatin acts on IB4-positive nociceptors to induce an oxidative stress-dependent acute painful peripheral neuropathy. J Pain 2008; 9:463-472.
4. Zhou HY, Chen SR, Chen H, Pan HL. The glutamatergic nature of TRPV1-expressing neurons in the spinal dorsal horn. J Neurochem 2009; 108:305-318.
5. Cata JP, Weng HR, Chen JH, Dougherty PM. Altered discharges of spinal wide dynamic range neurons and down-regulation of glutamate transporter expression in rats with paclitaxel-induced hyperalgesia. Neuroscience 2006; 138:329-338.
6. Kukkar A, Bali A, Singh N, Jaggi AS. Implications and mechanism of action of gabapentin in neuropathic pain. Arch Pharm Res 2013; 36:237-251.
7. Boroujerdi A, Zeng J, Sharp K, Kim D, Steward O, Luo ZD. Calcium channel alpha-2-delta-1 protein upregulation in dorsal spinal cord mediates spinal cord injury-induced neuropathic pain states. Pain 2011; 152:649-655.
8. Hara K, Sata T. Inhibitory effect of gabapentin on N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2007; 51:122-128.
9. Yeh CY, Chung SC, Tseng FL, Tsai YC, Liu YC. Biphasic effects of chronic intrathecal gabapentin administration on the expression of protein kinase C gamma in the spinal cord of neuropathic pain rats. Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan 2011; 49:144-148.
10. Michot B, Kayser V, Bastian G, Bourgoin S, Hamon M. Differential pharmacological alleviation of oxaliplatin-induced hyperalgesia/allodynia at cephalic versus extra-cephalic level in rodents. Neuropharmacology 2014; 79:432-443.
11. Castel A, Vachon P. Gabapentin reverses central pain sensitization following a collagenase-induced intrathalamic hemorrhage in rats. J Pain Res 2013; 7:5-12.
12. Banafshe HR, Hamidi GA, Noureddini M, Mirhashemi SM, Mokhtari R, Shoferpour M. Effect of curcumin on diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain: possible involvement of opioid system. Eur J Pharmacol 2014; 723:202-206.
13. King T, Qu C, Okun A, Melemedjian OK, Mandell EK, Maskaykina IY, et al. Contribution of PKMzeta-dependent and independent amplification to components of experimental neuropathic pain. Pain 2012; 153:1263-1273.
14. Lever IJ, Bradbury EJ, Cunningham JR, Adelson DW, Jones MG, McMahon SB, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor is released in the dorsal horn by distinctive patterns of afferent fiber stimulation. J Neurosci 2001; 21:4469-4477.
15. Lu Y, Christian K, Lu B. BDNF: a key regulator for protein synthesis-dependent LTP and long-term memory? Neurobiol Learn Mem 2008; 89:312-323.
16. Lu H, Park H, Poo MM. Spike-timing-dependent BDNF secretion and synaptic plasticity. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 2014; 369:20130132.
17. Biggs JE, Lu VB, Stebbing MJ, Balasubramanyan S, Smith PA. Is BDNF sufficient for information transfer between microglia and dorsal horn neurons during the onset of central sensitization? Mol Pain 2010; 6:44.
18. Zhou TT, Wu JR, Chen ZY, Liu ZX, Miao B. Effects of dexmedetomidine on P2X4Rs, p38-MAPK and BDNF in spinal microglia in rats with spared nerve injury. Brain Res 2014 ; 1568:21-30.
19. Zhu X, Li Q, Chang R, Yang D, Song Z, Guo Q, et al. Curcumin alleviates neuropathic pain by inhibiting p300/CBP histone acetyltransferase activity-regulated expression of BDNF and Cox-2 in a rat model. PLoS One 2014; 9:e91303.
20. Park H, Poo MM. Neurotrophin regulation of neural circuit development and function. Nat Rev Neurosci 2013; 14:7-23.
21. Zhou LJ, Yang T, Wei X, Liu Y, Xin WJ, Chen Y, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor contributes to spinal long-term potentiation and mechanical hypersensitivity by activation of spinal microglia in rat. Brain Behav Immun 2011; 25:322-334.
22. Chen SR, Zhou HY, Byun HS, Pan HL. Nerve injury increases GluA2-lacking AMPA receptor prevalence in spinal cords: functional significance and signaling mechanisms. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2013; 347:765-772.
23. Yan X, Weng HR. Endogenous interleukin-1beta in neuropathic rats enhances glutamate release from the primary afferents in the spinal dorsal horn through coupling with presynaptic N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptors. J Biol Chem 2013; 288:30544-30557.
24. Rondon LJ, Privat AM, Daulhac L, Davin N, Mazur A, Fialip J, et al. Magnesium attenuates chronic hypersensitivity and spinal cord NMDA receptor phosphorylation in a rat model of diabetic neuropathic pain. J Physiol 2010; 588:4205-4215.
25. Zhou C, Luo ZD. Electrophysiological characterization of spinal neuron sensitization by elevated calcium channel alpha-2-delta-1 subunit protein. Eur J Pain 2014; 18:649-658.
26. Bao YH, Zhou QH, Chen R, Xu H, Zeng LL, Zhang X, et al. Gabapentin enhances the morphine anti-nociceptive effect in neuropathic pain via the interleukin-10-heme oxygenase-1 signalling pathway in rats. J Mol Neurosci 2014; 54:137-146.
27. Kusunose N, Koyanagi S, Hamamura K, Matsunaga N, Yoshida M, Uchida T, et al. Molecular basis for the dosing time-dependency of anti-allodynic effects of gabapentin in a mouse model of neuropathic pain. Mol Pain 2010; 6:83.
28. Chu LC, Tsaur M, Lin CS, Hung YC, Wang TY, Chen CC, et al. Chronic intrathecal infusion of gabapentin
prevents nerve ligation-induced pain in rats. Br J Anaesth 2011; 106:699-705.
29. Camara CC, Ramos HF, da Silva AP, Araujo CV, Gomes AS, Vale ML, et al. Oral gabapentin treatment accentuates nerve and peripheral inflammatory responses following experimental nerve constriction in Wistar rats. Neurosci Lett 2013; 556:93-98.
30. Yezierski RP, Green M, Murphy K, Vierck CJ. Effects of gabapentin on thermal sensitivity following spinal nerve ligation or spinal cord compression. Behav Pharmacol 2013. Epub ahead of print.
31. Guy S, Mehta S, Leff L, Teasell R, Loh E. Anticonvulsant medication use for the management of pain following spinal cord injury: systematic review and effectiveness analysis. Spinal Cord 2014; 52:89-96.
32. Xiao W, Boroujerdi A, Bennett GJ, Luo ZD. Chemotherapy-evoked painful peripheral neuropathy: analgesic effects of gabapentin and effects on expression of the alpha-2-delta type-1 calcium channel subunit. Neuroscience 2007; 144:714-720.
33. Tsavaris N, Kopterides P, Kosmas C, Efthymiou A, Skopelitis H, Dimitrakopoulos A, et al. Gabapentin monotherapy for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain: a pilot study. Pain Med 2008; 9:1209-1216.
34. Field MJ, Cox PJ, Stott E, Melrose H, Offord J, Su TZ, et al. Identification of the alpha2-delta-1 subunit of voltage-dependent calcium channels as a molecular target for pain mediating the analgesic actions of pregabalin. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2006; 103:17537-17542.
35. Hendrich J, Van Minh AT, Heblich F, Nieto-Rostro M, Watschinger K, Striessnig J, et al. Pharmacological disruption of calcium channel trafficking by the alpha-2-delta ligand gabapentin. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2008; 105:3628-3633.
36. Yang RH, Wang WT, Chen JY, Xie RG, Hu SJ. Gabapentin selectively reduces persistent sodium current in injured type-A dorsal root ganglion neurons. Pain 2009; 143:48-55.
37. Mixcoatl-Zecuatl T, Medina-Santillan R, Reyes-Garcia G, Vidal-Cantu GC, Granados-Soto V. Effect of K+ channel modulators on the antiallodynic effect of gabapentin. Eur J Pharmacol 2004; 484:201-208.