1. Della Pepa C, Banerjee S. Bevacizumab in combination with chemotherapy in platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer. Onco Targets Ther 2004; 7:1025-1032.
2. Sytykiewicz H. Expression patterns of glutathione transferase gene (GstI) in maize seedlings under juglone-induced oxidative stress. Int J Mol Sci 2011; 12:7982-7985.
3. Bertin C, Yang X, Weson LA. The role of root exudates and allelochemicals in the rhizosphere. Plant Soil 2003; 256:67-83.
4. Cenas N, Prast S, Nivinskas H, Sarlauskas J, Arner ES. Interactions of nitroaromatic compounds with the mammalian selenoprotein thioredoxin reductase and the relation to induction of apoptosis in human cancer cells. J Biol Chem 2006; 281:5593-5603.
5. Xu HL, Yu XF, Qu SC, Qu XR, Jiang YF, Sui da Y. Juglone, from Juglans mandshruica Maxim, inhibits growth and induces apoptosis in human leukemia cell HL-60 through a reactive oxygen species-dependent mechanism. Food Chem Toxicol 2012; 50: 590-596.
6. Zhang W, Liu A, Li Y, Zhao X, Lv S, Zhu W, et al. Anticancer activity and mechanism of juglone on human cervical carcinoma Hela cells. Can J Pharmacol 2012; 90:1553-1558.
7. Richard J Y, Andreas S. The BCL-2 protein family: opposing activities that mediate cell death. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2008; 9:47-59.
8. Lamb J, Ramaswamy S, Ford HL, Contreras B, Martinez RV, Kittrell FS, et al. A mechanism of cyclin D1 action encoded in the patterns of gene expression in human cancer. Cell 2003; 114,323–334.
9. Takahashi A, Kimura F, Yamanaka A, Takebayashi A, Kita N, Takahashi K, et al. Metformin impairs growth of endometrial cancer cells via cell cycle arrest and concomitant autophagy and apoptosis. Cancer Cell Int 2014; 14:53.
10. Seervi M, Joseph J, Sobhan PK, Bobhan PK, Bhavya BC, Santhoshkumar TR. Essential requirement of cytochrome c release for caspase activation by procaspase-activating compound defined by cellular models. Cell Death Dis 2011; 8:e207.
11. Lengvel E. Ovarian cancer development and metastasis. Am J Pathol 2010; 177:1053-1064.
12. Itoh Y, Nagase H. Matrix metalloproteinases in cancer. Essays Biochem 2002; 38:21-36.