1. Gage FH. Mammalian neural stem cells. Science 2000; 287:1433-1438.
2. Tamm C, Duckworth J, Hermanson O, Ceccatelli S. High susceptibility of neural stem cells to methylmercury toxicity: effects on cell survival and neuronal differentiation. J Neurochem 2006; 97:69-78.
3. Izadpanah E, Fathi F, Hassanzadeh K, Asgari A. Assessment of simultaneous injection of neural stem cells and (-)-deprenyl to improve contusive spinal cord injury in rats. Yakhteh Med J 2010; 3:411-420.
4. Zhu JM, Zhao YY, Chen SD, Zhang WH, Lou L, Jin X. Functional recovery after transplantation of neural stem cells modified by brain-derived neurotrophic factor in rats with cerebral ischaemia. J Int Med Res 2011; 39:488-98.
5. Zhu Q, Ma J, Yu L, Yuan C. Grafted neural stem cells migrate to substantia nigra and improve behavior in Parkinsonian rats. Neurosci Lett 2009; 462:213-218.
6. Ma H, Yu B, Kong L, Zhang Y, Shi Y. Transplantation of neural stem cells enhances expression of synaptic protein and promotes functional recovery in a rat model of traumatic brain injury. Mol Med Rep 2011; 4:849-856.
7. Franchi S, Valsecchi AE, Borsani E, Procacci P, Ferrari D, Zalfa C et al. Intravenous neural stem cells abolish nociceptive hypersensitivity and trigger nerve regeneration in experimental neuropathy. Pain 2012; 153:850-861.
8. Vroemen M, Aigner L, Winkler J, Weidner N. Adult neural progenitor cell grafts survive after acute spinal cord injury and integrate along axonal pathways. Eur J Neurosci 2003; 18:743-751.
9. Liang P, Jin LH, Liang T, Liu EZ, Zhao SG. Human neural stem cells promote corticospinal axons regeneration and synapse reformation in injured spinal cord of rats. Chin Med J 2006; 119:1331-1338.
10. Cao QL, Zhang YP, Howard RM, Walters WM, Tsoulfas P, Whittemore SR. Pluripotent stem cells engrafted into the normal or lesioned adult rat spinal cord are restricted to a glial lineage. Exp Neurol 2001; 167:48-58.
11. Macias MY, Syring MB, Pizzi MA, Crowe MJ, Alexanian AR, Kurpad SN. Pain with no gain: allodynia following neural stem cell transplantation in spinal cord injury. Exp Neurol 2006; 201:335-348.
12. Koutsilieri E, O'Callaghan JF, Chen TS, Riederer P, Rausch WD. Selegiline enhances survival and neurite outgrowth of MPP(+)-treated dopaminergic neurons. Eur J Pharmacol 1994; 269:R3-4.
13. Knoll J. Deprenyl (selegiline): the history of its development and pharmacological action. Acta Neurol Scand Suppl 1983; 95:57-80.
14. Esmaeili F, Tiraihi T, Movahedin M, Mowla SJ. Selegiline induces neuronal phenotype and neurotrophins expression in embryonic stem cells. Rejuvenation Res 2006; 9:475-484.
15. Parvizpour A, Charkhpour M, Habibi-asl B, Shakhsi M, Ghaderi M, Hassanzadeh K. Repeated central administration of selegiline attenuated morphine physical dependence in rat. Pharmacol Rep 2013; 65:593-599.
16. Magyar K, Szende B. (-)-Deprenyl, a selective MAO-B inhibitor, with apoptotic and anti-apoptotic properties. Neurotoxicology 2004; 25:233-242.
17. Kitani K, Minami C, Isobe K, Maehara K, Kanai S, Ivy GO et al. Why (-) deprenyl prolongs survivals of experimental animals: increase of anti-oxidant enzymes in brain and other body tissues as well as mobilization of various humoral factors may lead to systemic anti-aging effects. Mech Ageing Dev 2002; 123:1087-100.
18. Semkova I, Wolz P, Schilling M, Krieglstein J. Selegiline enhances NGF synthesis and protects central nervous system neurons from excitotoxic and ischemic damage. Eur J Pharmacol 1996; 315:19-30.
19. Tang YP, Ma YL, Chao CC, Chen KY, Lee EH. Enhanced glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor mRNA expression upon (-)-deprenyl and melatonin treatments. J Neurosci Res 1998; 53:593-604.
20. Zigova T, Pencea V, Wiegand SJ, Luskin MB. Intraventricular administration of BDNF increases the number of newly generated neurons in the adult olfactory bulb. Mol Cell Neurosci 1998; 11:234-245.
21. Kuhn HG, Winkler J, Kempermann G, Thal LJ, Gage FH. Epidermal growth factor and fibroblast growth factor-2 have different effects on neural progenitors in the adult rat brain. J Neurosci 1997; 17:5820-5829.
22. Aberg MA, Aberg ND, Hedbacker H, Oscarsson J, Eriksson PS. Peripheral infusion of IGF-I selectively induces neurogenesis in the adult rat hippocampus. J Neurosci 2000; 20:2896-2903.
23. Johansson CB, Momma S, Clarke DL, Risling M, Lendahl U, Frisen J. Identification of a neural stem cell in the adult mammalian central nervous system. Cell 1999; 96:25-34.
24. Fathi F, Jafari Kermani A, Golbar MR, Izadpanah E, Golmohammadi MGh, Mowla SJ et al. Isolation, induction of neural and Glial differentiation and evaluating the expression of five self renewal genes in adult mouse neural stem cells. J Iran Anatom Sci 2007; 19:81-92.
25. Mizuta I, Ohta M, Ohta K, Nishimura M, Mizuta E, Hayashi K et al. Selegiline and desmethylselegiline stimulate NGF, BDNF, and GDNF synthesis in cultured mouse astrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2000; 279:751-755.
26. Ohta K, Kuno S, Inoue S, Ikeda E, Fujinami A, Ohta M. The effect of dopamine agonists: the expression of GDNF, NGF, and BDNF in cultured mouse astrocytes. J Neurol Sci 2010; 291:12-16.
27. Shimazu S, Tanigawa A, Sato N, Yoneda F, Hayashi K, Knoll J. Enhancer substances: selegiline and R-(-)-1-(benzofuran-2-yl)-2-propylaminopentane [(-)-BPAP] enhance the neurotrophic factor synthesis on cultured mouse astrocytes. Life Sci 2003; 72:2785-2792.
28. Gyarfas T, Knuuttila J, Lindholm P, Rantamaki T, Castren E. Regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and cerebral dopamine neurotrophic factor (CDNF) by anti-parkinsonian drug therapy In vivo. Cell Mol Neurobiol 2010; 30:361-368.
29. Huang F, Yin Z, Wu D, Hao J. Effects of controlled release of brain-derived neurotrophic factor from collagen gel on rat neural stem cells. Neuroreport 2013; 24:101-107.
30. Yang Z, Qiao H, Sun Z, Li X. Effect of BDNF-plasma-collagen matrix controlled delivery system on the behavior of adult rats neural stem cells. J Biomed Mater Res A 2013; 101:599-606.
31. Liu Y, Wang L, Long Z, Zeng L, Wu Y. Protoplasmic astrocytes enhance the ability of neural stem cells to differentiate into neurons In vitro. PLoS One 2012; 7:e38243.
32. Yi X, Jin G, Tian M, Mao W, Qin J. Porous chitosan scaffold and ngf promote neuronal differentiation of neural stem cells in vitro. Neuro Endocrinol Lett 2011; 32:705-710.
33. Thoenen H. The changing scene of neurotrophic factors. Trends Neurosci 1991; 14:165-170.
34. Lu C, Fu W, Mattson MP. Caspase-mediated suppression of glutamate (AMPA) receptor channel activity in hippocampal neurons in response to DNA damage promotes apoptosis and prevents necrosis: implications for neurological side effects of cancer therapy and neurodegenerative disorders. Neurobiol Dis 2001; 8:194-206.
35. Mizuta I, Ohta M, Ohta K, Nishimura M, Mizuta E, Kuno S. Riluzole stimulates nerve growth factor, brain-derived neurotrophic factor and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor synthesis in cultured mouse astrocytes. Neurosci Lett 2001; 310:117-120.
36. Tatton WG, Chalmers-Redman RM. Modulation of gene expression rather than monoamine oxidase inhibition: (-)-deprenyl-related compounds in controlling neurodegeneration. Neurology 1996; 47:S171-183.