1. Degerman EE, Manganiello V, Ahren B. Milrinone efficiently potentiates insulin secretion induced by orally but not intravenously administered glucose in C57BL6J mice. Eur J Pharmacol 2004; 98:319-323.
2. Shafiee-Nick R, Pyne NJ, Furman BL. Effects of type-selective phosphodiesterase inhibitors on glucose-induced insulin secretion and islet phosphodiesterase activity. Br J Pharmacol 1995; 115:1486-1492.
3. Harndahl L, Jing X-J, Iverson R, Degerman E, Ahrén B, Manganiello VC, et al.Important role of phosphodiesrerase3B for the stimulatory action of cAMP on pancreatic β-cell exocytosis and release of insulin. J Biol Chem 2002; 277:37446-37455.
4. Zumuda -Trzebiatowska E, Oknianska A, Manganiello V. Role of DE3B in insulin-induced glucose uptake, GLU-T4 translocation and lipogenesis in primary rat adipocytes. Cell Signal 2006; 18:382-390.
5. Maurice DH, Palmer D, Tilley D, Dunkerley HA, Netherton SJ, Raymond DR, et al. Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase activity, expression and targeting in cells of the cardiovascular system. Mol Pharmacol 2003; 64:533-536.
6. Pyne NJ, Furman BL. Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases in pancreatic islets. Diabetologia 2003; 46:1179-1189.
7. Cheung P, Yang G, Boden G.Milrinone a selective phosphodiesterase3 inhibitor stimulates lipolysis, endogenous glucose production and insulin secretion. Metabolism 2003; 52:1496-1500.
8. Parizadeh SMR, Shafiee Nik R, Zahraei M. Comparison between the insulinotropic effects of milrinone and amrinone, selective PDE3 inhibitors in in-vitro and in-vivo conditions. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2001; 9:7-15.
9. Mansouri MT, Shafiee-Nick R, Parsaee H, Seyedi SM, Saberi MR, Sadeghian H. Inotropic and chronotropic effects of 6-hydroxy-4-methylquinolinone-2 (1H)-one derivatives in isolated rat atria. Iran Biomed J 2008; 12:77-84.
10. Sadeghian H, Seyedi M, Saberi MR, Nick RS, Hosseini A, Bakavoli M, et al. Design, synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of 6-hydroxy-4-methylquinolin-2 (1H)-one derivatives as inotropic agents. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 2008; 24:918-929.
11. Pour Ali Behzad N, Shafiee Nick R, Parizadeh SMR. Anti-hyperglycemic effects of cyclic nucleotides phosphodiesterases (PDEs) in rat. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sci 2007; 29:11-15.
12. Waddleton D, Wub W, Feng Y, Thompson C, Wu M, Zhou YP, et al. Phosphodiesterase 3 and 4 comprise the major cAMP metabolizing enzymes responsible for insulin secretion in INS-1 (832/13) cells and rat islets. Biochem Pharmacol 2008; 76:884-893.
13. Ahmad M, Abdel-Wahab YHA, Tate R, Flatt PR, Pyne NJ, Furman BL. Effect of type-selective inhibitors on cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase activity and insulin secretion in the clonal insulin secreting cell line BRIN-BD11. Br J Pharmacol 2000; 129:1228-1234.
14. EL-Metwally M, Shafiee-Nick R, Pyne NJ, Furman BL. Effects of Org 9935, a selective type III phosphodiesterase inhibitor and Org 30029 a mixed type III/IV phosphodiesterase inhibitor on glucose-induced insulin secretion in vivo and in vitro. Eur J Pharmacol 1997; 324:227- 232.
15. Yang G, Li L. In vivo effects of phosphodiesterase III inhibitors on glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity. J Chin Med Assoc 2003; 66:210– 226.
16. Parker JC, VanVolkenburg MA, Nardone NA, Hargrove DM, Andrews KM. Modulation of insulin secretion and glycemia by selective inhibition of cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase III. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1997; 236:665– 669.
17. Furman BL, Pyne NJ. Islet phosphodiesterase isoenzymes and insulin secretion. Diabetic Med 1990; 7:19A.
18. Zmuda-Trzebiatowskaa E, Oknianskaa A, Manganiellob V, Degerman E. Role of PDE3B in insulin-induced glucose uptake, GLUT-4 translocation`` and lipogenesis in primary rat adipocytes. Cell Signal 2006; 18:382 – 390.
19. Beebe SJ, Redmon JB, Blackmore PF, Corbin JD. Discriminative insulin antagonism of stimulatory effects of various cAMP analogs on adipocyte lipolysis and hepatocytes glycogenolysis. J Biol Chem 1985; 260:15781– 15788.
20. Arner P. Insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes: role of fatty acids. Diabetes Metab Res Rev 2002; 18: S5–S9.
21. Boden G. Effects of free fatty acids (FFA) on glucose metabolism: significance for insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. Exp Clin Endocrine Diabetes 2003; 111:121–124.
22. Eriksson H, Ridderstrale M, Degerman E, Ekholm D, Smith CJ, Manganiello VC, et al. Evidence for the key role of the adipocyte cGMP-inhibited cAMP phosphodiesterase in the antilipolytic action of insulin. Biochem Biophys Acta 1995; 1266:101–107.
23. Hagstrfm-Toft E, Bolinder J, Eriksson S, Arner P. Role of phosphodiesterase III in the antilipolytic effect of insulin in vivo. Diabetes 1995; 44:1170– 1175.
24. Zhao AZ, Karin A, Beavo JA. Leptin inhibits insulin secretion by activation of PDE3B. J Clin Invest 1998; 102: 869-873.
25. Yamada S, Komatsu M, Sato Y, Yamauchi K, Kojima I. Time dependent stimulation of insulin exocytosis by 3, 5 cyclic adenosine monophosphate in the rat islet β-cells. Endocrinology 2002; 143: 4203-4209.
26. Doyle M, Egan J.Pharmacological agents that directly modulate insulin secretion. Pharmacol Rev 2006; 55:105-131.
27. Porksen N, Hollingdal M, Juhl C, Butler P, Veldhuis JD, Schmitz O. Pulsatile insulin secretion: detection, egulation, and role in diabetes. Diabetes 2002; 51:245-254.
28. Parker JC, Volkenburg MA, Gao Feng. Synergistic effect on insulin secretion from INS-1 cells of a sulfonylurea and a phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitor. Life Sci 2004; 75: 1479–1490.
29. Bollen M, Keppens S, Stalmans W. Specific features of glycogen metabolism in the liver. Biochem J 1998; 336:19-31.
30. Fong M, Yoshitake M, Kambayashi J, Liu Y. Cilostazol increases tissue blood flow in contracting rabbit gastrocnemius muscle. Circ J 2010; 74:181-187.
31. Baron AD, Steinberg H, Brechtel G, Johnson A. Skeletal muscle blood flow independently modulates insulin-mediated glucose uptake. Am J Physiol 1994; 266: E248–E253.
32. Baron AD, Steinberg HO, Chaker H, Irsula O, Brechtel G, Keech C. Insulin-mediated skeletal muscle vasodilatation contributes to both insulin sensitivity and responsiveness in lean humans. J Clin Invest 1995; 96:786–792.
33. Weishaar RE, Kobylarz-Singer DC, Steffen RP, , Kaplan HR. Subclasses of cyclic AMP-specific phosphodiesterase in left ventricular muscle and their involvement in regulating myocardial contractility. Circ Res 1987; 61:539-547.
34. Laurberg P. Forskolin stimulation of thyroid secretion of T4 and T3. FEBS 1984; 170:273-276.
35. Schery MP, Brown BL, Ekins RP. Studies on the role of calcium and cyclic nucleotide in the control of TSH secretion. Mol Cell Endocrine 1978; 11:249-264.
36.Klieverik LP, Janssena SF, Riel A, Foppen E, Bisschop PH, Serlie MJ, et al. Thyroid hormone modulates glucose production via a sympathetic pathway from the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus to the liver. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2009; 106:5966–5971.