1. Menzies D, Ellis H. Intestinal obstruction from adhesions how big is the problem? Ann R Coll Surg Engl 1990; 72:60.
2. Gutt CN, Oniu T, Schemmer P, Mehrabi A, Büchler MW. Fewer adhesions induced by laparoscopic surgery? Surg Endosc 2004; 18:898-906.
3. Ray NF, Denton WG, Thamer M, Henderson SC, Perry S. Abdominal adhesiolysis: Inpatient care and expenditures in the United States in 1994. J Am Coll Surg 1998; 186:1-9.
4. Lauder CI, Strickland A, Maddern GJ. Use of a modified chitosan-dextran gel to prevent peritoneal adhesions in a porcine hemicolectomy model. J Surg Res 2011; 176:448-454.
5. Cheong YC, Laird SM, Shelton JB, Ledger WL, Li TC, Cooke ID. The correlation of adhesions and peritoneal fluid cytokine concentrations: A pilot study. Hum Reprod 2002; 17:1039-1045.
6. Liakakos T, Thomakos N, Fine PM, Dervenis C, Young RL. Peritoneal adhesions:Etiology, pathophysiology, and clinical significance. Recent advances in prevention and management. Dig Surg 2001; 18:260.
7. Heydrick SJ, Reed KL, Cohen PA, Aarons CB, Gower AC, Becker JM, et al. Intraperitoneal administration of methylene blue attenuates oxidative stress, increases peritoneal fibrinolysis, and inhibits intraabdominal adhesion formation. J Surg Res 2007; 143:311–319.
8. Zeng Q, Yu Z, You J, Zhang Q. Efficacy and safety of Seprafilm for preventing post-operative abdominal adhesion: Systematic review and meta-analysis. World J Surg 2007; 31:2125-2132.
9. Tang CL, Jayne DG, Seow-Choen F, Ng YY, Eu KW, Mustapha N. A randomized controlled trial of 0.5% ferric hyaluronate gel (Intergel) in the prevention of adhesions following abdominal surgery. Ann Surg 2006; 243:449.
10. Goel A, Kunnumakkara AB, Aggarwal BB. Curcumin as ‘Curecumin’’: From kitchen to clinic. Biochem Pharmacol 2008; 7: 787– 809.
11. Naik SR, Thakare VN, Patil SR. Protective effect of curcumin on experimentally induced inflammation, hepatotoxicity and cardiotoxicity in rats:Evidence of its antioxidant property. Exp Toxicol Pathol 2011; 63:419-431.
12. Whang SH, Astudillo JA, Sporn E, Bachman SL, Miedema BW, Davis W, et al. In search of the best peritoneal adhesion model: comparison of different techniques in a rat model. J Surg Res 2011; 167:245-250.
13. Sharma C, Kaur J, Shishodia S, Aggarwal BB, Ralhan R. Curcumin down regulates smokeless tobacco-induced NF-β activation and COX-2 expression in human oral premalignant and cancer cells. Toxicology 2006; 228:1–15.
14. Varalakshmi Ch, Ali AM, Pardhasaradhi BV, Srivastava RM, Singh S, Khar A. Immunomodulatory effects of curcumin: in-vivo. Int Immunopharmacol 2008; 8:688–700.
15. Maheshwari RK, Singh AK, Gaddipati J, Srimal RC. Multiple biological activities of curcumin: A short review. Life Sci 2006; 78:2081–2087.
16. Cekmen M, Ilbey YO, Ozbek E, Simsek A, Somay A, Ersoz C. Curcumin prevents oxidative renal damage induced by acetaminophen in rats. Food Chem Toxicol 2009; 47:1480–1484.
17. Ramirez-Tortosa MC, Ramirez-Tortosa CL, Mesa MD, Granados S, Gil A, Quiles JL. Curcumin ameliorates rabbits's steatohepatitis via respiratory chain, oxidative stress and TNF-α. Free Radic Biol Med 2009; 47:924–931.