1. Al-Hourani HM, AtoumMF. Body composition, nutrient intake and physical activity patterns in young women during Ramadan. Singapore Med J 2007; 48:907.
2. Bigard AX, Boussif M, Chalabi H, GuezennecCY. Alterations in muscular performance and orthostatic tolerance during Ramadan. Aviat Space Environ Med 1998; 4:341-346.
3. Haghdoost AA, PoorRanjbarM. The interaction between physical activity and fasting on the serum lipid profile during Ramadan. Singapore Med J 2009; 50:897.
4. Karli U, Alpay G, Alper A, Tahir H, Caner A. Influence of Ramadan fasting on anaerobic performance and recovery following short time high intensity exercise. J Sports Sci Med 2007; 6:490-497.
5. Mansi KMS. Study the effects of Ramadan fasting on the serum glucose and lipid porofile among healthy Jordanian students. Am J Appl Sci 2007; 8:565-569.
6. Ziaee V, Razaei M, Ahmadinejad Z, Shaikh H, Yousefi R, Yarmohammadi L, et al. The changes of metabolic profile and weight during Ramadan fasting. Singapore Med J 2006; 5:409-414.
7. Larijani B, Zahedi F, Sanjari M, Amini MR, Jalili RB, Adibi H, et al. The effect of Ramadan fasting on fasting serum glucose in healthy adults. Med J Malaysia 2003; 5:678-680.
8. Aksungar FB, Eren A, Ure S, Teskin O, Ates G. Effects of intermittent fasting on serum lipid levels, coagulation status and plasma homocysteine levels. Ann Nutr Metab 2005; 2:77-82.
9. Al-Hourani HM, Atoum MF,Akel SC, Hijjawi ND, Awawdeh S. Effects of Ramadan fasting on some haematological and biochemical parameters. Jordan J Biol Sci? 2009; 3:103- 108.
10. Meckel Y, Ismaeel A, Eliakim A. The effect of the Ramadan fast on physical erformance and dietary habits in adolescent soccer players. Eur J Appl Physiol 2008; 102:651–657.
11. Margolis SA, Reed RL. Effect of religious practices of Ramadan on sleep and perceived sleepiness of medical students. Teach Learn Med 2004; 2:145-149.
12. Taoudi BM, RokyR, Toufiq J, Benaji B, Hakkou F. Epidemiological study: chronotype and daytime sleepiness before and during Ramadan. Therapie 1999; 5:567-572.
13. Ben Salama F, Hsairi M, Belaid J, Achour N, Achour A, Nacef T. Food intake and energy expenditure in high school athletes before, during and after the month of Ramadan: effect of fasting on performance.Tunis Méd 1993; 2:85-89.
14. Furuncuoglu Y, Karaca E, Aras S, Yönem A. Metabolic, biochemical and psychiatric alterations in healthy subjects during Ramadan. Pak J Nutr? 2007; 3:209-211.
15. Dewanti L, Watanabe C, Sulistiawati, Ohtsuka R. Unexpected changes in blood pressure and hematological parameters among fasting and nonfasting workers during Ramadan in Indonesia. Eur J Clin Nutr 2006; 7:877-881.
16. Ramadan J, Telahoun G, Al-Zaid NS, Barac-Nieto M. Responses to exercise, fluid, and energy balance during Ramadan in sedentary and active males. Nutrition 1999; 10:735-739.
17. El-Migdadi F, Shotar A, El-Akawi Z, Banihani I, Abudheese R. Effect of fasting during the month of Ramadan on serum levels of luteinizing hormone and testosterone in people living in the below sea level environment in the Jordan Valley. Neuro Endocrinol Lett 2004; 25:75-77.
18. Sajid KM, Akhtar M, Malik GQ. Ramadan fasting and thyroid hormone profile. J Pak Med Assoc 1991; 9:213-216.
19. Ramadan J. Does fasting during Ramadan alter body composition, blood constituents and physical performance? Med Princ Pract 2002; 2:41-46.
20. Ramadan JM, Barac-Nieto M. Cardio-respiratory responses to moderately heavy aerobic exercise during the Ramadan fasts. Saudi Med J 2000; 3:238-244.
21. Sweileh N, Schnitzler A, Hunter GR, Davis B. Body composition and energy metabolism in resting and exercising muslims during Ramadan fast. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 1992; 2:156-163.
22. Zerguini Y, Kirkendall D, Junge A, Dvorak J. Impact of Ramadan on physical performance in professional soccer players. Br J Sports Med 2007; 41:398-400.
23. Mirzaei B, Rahmani-Nia F, Ghahremani-Moghaddam M. A comparative study of body composition, aerobic power, anaerobic power and strength of Iranian Free-Style and Greco-Roman wrestlers participating in The Beijing Olympic games 2008. J Sport Soc 2010; 49:192-194.
24. Neto JB, Assumpção CDO, Asano RY, Souza MAF, Jr HP, Muniz CF, Silveira JM, Santos CAD. Changes in heart rate and blood pressure in sub-18 soccer players tested with Running-based anaerobic sprint test. Int J exercise science? 2008; 5:35.
25. Chaouachi A, Chamari K, Roky R, Wong P, Mbazaa A, Bartagi Z, et al. Lipid Profiles of Judo Athletes during Ramadan. Int J Sports Med 2008; 4:282-288.
26. Frost G, Pirani S. Meal frequency and nutritional intake during Ramadan: a pilot study. Hum Nutr Appl Nutr 1987; 41:47–50.
27. Bouhlel E, Salhi Z, Bouhlel H, Mdella S, Amamou A, Zaouali M, et al. Effect of Ramadan fasting on fuel oxidation during exercise in trained male rugby players. Diabetes Metab 2006; 32:617–624.
28. Stokholm KH, Breum L, Astrup L. Cardiac contractility, central hemodynamics and blood pressure regulation during semistarvation. Clin Physiol 1991; 11:513–523.
29. Al Suwaidi AJ, Bener A, Gehani AA, Behair S, Mohanadi DA, Salam AAL, et al. Does the circadian pattern for acute cardiac events presentation vary with fasting? J Postgrad Med 2006; 52:30–33.
30. Bahammam A. Assessment of sleep patterns, daytime sleepiness, and chronotype during Ramadan in fasting and nonfasting individuals. Saudi Med J 2005; 4:616-622.
31. Gutierrez A, Gonzalez-Gross M, Delgado M, Castillo MJ. Three days fast in sportsmen decreases physical work capacity but not strength or perception-reaction time. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2001; 11:420–429.
32. Azizi F, Rasouli HA. Evaluation of certain hormones and blood constituents during Islamic fasting month. Med Assoc Thailand 1986; 69:57A.
33. Farooq N, Priyamvada S, Arivarasu NA, Salim S, Khan F, Khan Yusufi AN. Influence of Ramadan-type fasting on enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism and brush border membrane in small intestine and liver of rat used as a model. Br J Nutr 2006; 96:1087–1094.
34. Finch GM, Day JEL, Razak Welch DA, Rogers PJ. Appetite changes under free-living conditions during Ramadan fasting. Appetite 1998; 31:159–170.
35. Adlouni A, Ghalim N, Benslimane A, Lecerf JM, Saile R. Fasting during Ramadan induces a marked increase in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and decrease in low-density lipoprotein cholesterol. Ann Nutr Metab 1997; 4:242-249.
36. Afrasiabi A, Hassanzadeh S, Sattarivand R, Nouri M, MahboodS. Effects of low fat and low calorie diet on plasma lipid levels in the fasting month of Ramadan. Saudi Med J 2003; 2: 184-188.