1. Biessels GJ, Kappelle AC, Bravenboer B, Erkelens DW, Gispen WH. Cerebral function in diabetes mellitus. 1994; 37:643–650.
2. Vinik AI, Holland MT, Le Beau JM, Liuzzi FJ, Stansberry KB, Colen LB. Diabetic neuropathies. Diabetes Care 1992; 15:1926–1975.
3. Reaven GM, Thompson LW, Nahum D, Haskins E. Relationship between hyperglycemia and cognitive function in older NIDDM patients. Diabetes Care 1990; 13:16–21.
4. Ryan CM.Neurobehavioral complications of type I diabetes. Examination of possible risk factors. Diabetes Care 1988; 11:86–93.
5. Tun PA, Nathan DM, Perlmuter LC. Cognitive and affective disorders in elderly diabetics. Clin Geriatr Med 1990; 6:731–746.
6. Nandkarni AK. Indian Materia Medica. 3rd ed.Bombay: Popular Prakshan; 1976.
7. Kirtikar KR, Basu BD. Indian Medicinal Plant. Calcutta: Lalit Mohan Publication; 1935.
8. Zargari A. Medicinal Plants. Tehran: Tehran University Press; 1989. Vol. II.
9. Ave-Sina A. Law in Medicine. Tehran: Soroosh Press; 1988.
10. Alam MM, Siddiqui MB, Husain W. Treatment of diabetes through herbal drug in rural India. Fitoterapia 1990; 61:240–242.
11. Prakash V. Diabetes management-Some useful herbs. Shishir: Jeevaniya;1992.Vol.4.
12. Chakrabarti B. Mallick C, Battacharya S. Studies on the green leaves of Aegle marmelos and Piper nigrum on the glucose and cholesterol levels of blood in diabetes mellitus. Indian Med Forsch 1960; 9:285–286.
13. Karunanyake EH, Welhinda J, Sirimanne SR, Sinnadorai G. Oral hypoglycemic activity in some medicinal plants from Sri Lanka. J Ethnopharmacol 1984; 11:223–231.
14. Kamalakkannan N, Prince PSM. Hypoglycemic effect of water extract of Aegle marmelos fruits in sreptozotocin diabetic rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2003; 87:207–210.
15. Kamalakkannan N, Prince PSM. Antidiabetic and antioxidant activity of Aegle marmelos extract in streptozotocin induced diabetic rats. Pharm Biol 2004; 42:125–130.
16. Ponnachan PTC, Paulose CS, Panikkar KR. Hypoglycemic effect of alkaloid preparation from leaves of Aegle marmelos. Amala Res Bull 1993; 13:37–41.
17. Ponnachan PTC, Paulose CS, Panikkar KR. Effect of leaf extract of Aegle marmelos in diabetic rats. Indian J Exp Biolo 1993; 31:345–347.
18. Seema PV, Sudha B, Padayatti PS, Abraham A, Raghu KG, Paulose CS. Kinetic studies of purified malate dehydrogen-ase in liver of streptozotocin-diabetic rats and the effect of leaf extract of Aegle marmelose (L) Correa ex Roxb. Indian J Exp Biolo 1996; 34:600–602.
19. Das AV, Padayatti PS, Paulose CS. Effect of leaf extract of Aegle marmelose (L) Correa ex Roxb. On histological and ultrastructural changes in tissues of streptozotocin induced diabetic rats. Indian J Exp Biolo 1996; 34:341–345.
20. Borek C. Garlic reduces dementia and heart disease risk. J Nutr 2006; 136:810–812.
21. Polidori MC, Mecocci P. Plasma susceptibility to free radical-induced antioxidant consumption and lipid peroxidation is increased in very old subjects with Alzheimer disease. J Alzheimers Dis 2002; 4:517–522.
22. Kesari AN, Gupta RK, Singh SK, Diwakar S, Watal G. Hypoglycemic and antihyperglycemic activity of Aegle marmelos seed extract in normal and diabetic rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2006; 107: 374–379.
23. Sabu MC, Kuttan R. Antidiabetic activity of Aegle marmelos and its relationship with its antioxidant properties. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2004; 48:81-88.
24. Upadhya S, Shanbhag KK, Suneetha G, Balachandra Naidu M, Upadhya S.A study of hypoglycemic and antioxidant activity of Aegle marmelos in alloxan induced diabetic rats. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 2004; 48:476-480.
25. Kamalakkannan N, Stanely Mainzen Prince P. Effect of Aegle marmelos Correa. (Bael) fruit extract on tissue antioxidants in streptozotocin diabetic rats. Indian J Exp Biol 2003; 41:1285-1288.
26. Brosky G, Logothelopoulos J. Streptozotocin diabetes in the mouse and guinea pig. Diabetes 1969; 18:606–609.
27. Gupta RK, Kesari AN, Murthy PS, Chandra R, Tandon V, Watal G.Hypoglycemic and antidiabetic effect of ethanolic extract of leaves of annona squamosa L. in experimental animals. J Ethnopharmacol 2005; 99:75–81.
28. Triender P. Determination of glucose in blood using glucose oxidase with an alternative oxygen acceptor. Ann Clin Biochem 1969; 6:24.
29. Farshchi A, Ghiasi G, Farshchi S, Malek Khatabi P. Effects of Boswellia papyrifera gum extract on learning and memory in mice and rats. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2010; 13:9-15.
30. Biessels GJ, Kamal A, Ramakers GM, Urban IJ, Spruijt BM, Erkelens DW, et al. Place learning and hippocampal synaptic plasticity in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Diabetes 1996; 45: 1259–1266.
31. Biessels GJ, Kamal A, Urban IJ, Spruijt BM, Erkelens DW, Gispen WH, Water maze learning and hippocampal synaptic plasticity in streptozotocin-diabetic rats: effects of insulin treatment. Brain Res 1998; 800:125–135.
32. Flood JF, Mooradian AD, Morley JE. Characteristics of learning and memory in streptozocin-induced diabetic mice. Diabetes 1990; 39:1391–1398.
33. Jick H, Zornberg GL, Jick SS, Seshadri S, Drachman DA. Statins and the risk of dementia. Lancet 2000; 356:1627–1631.
34. Parale GP, Baheti NN, Kulkarni PM, Panchal NV. Effects of atorvastatin on higher functions. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2006; 62:259–265.
35. Raja SG, Dreyfus GD. Statins: much more than just a lipid lowering therapy. Indian Heart J 2004; 56:204–209.
36. Masse I, Bordet R, Deplanque D, A1 Khedr A, Richard F , Libersa C, et al. Lipid lowering agents are associated with a slower cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2005; 76:1624–1629.
37. Lannert H, Hoyer S. Intracerebroventricular administration of streptozotocin causes long-term diminutions in learning and memory abilities and in cerebral energy metabolism in adult rats. Behav Neurosci 1998; 112:1199-1208.
38. Chander R, Khanna AK, Pratap R. Antioxidant activity of guggulsterone, the active principle of guggulipid from Commiphora mukul. J Med Aromat Plant Sci 2002; 24:370–374.