1. Sandford AJ, Zhu S, Bai TR, Fitzgerald JM, Pare PD. The role of the C-C chemokine receptor-5 Delta32 polymorphism in asthma and in the production of regulated on activation, normal T cells expressed and secreted. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2001; 108:69-73.
2. Zietkowski Z, Tomasiak MM, Skiepko R, Bodzenta-Lukaszyk A. RANTES in exhaled breath condensate of stable and unstable asthma patients. Respir Med 2008; 102:1198-202.
3. Moore WC, Bleecker ER, Curran-Everett D, Erzurum SC, Ameredes BT, Bacharier L, et al. Characterization of the severe asthma phenotype by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's Severe Asthma Research Program. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2007; 119:405-413.
4. Arababadi MK, Pourfathollah AA, Daneshmandi S, Hassanshahi G, Zarandi ER, Abousaidi H, et al. Analysis of δ32 mutation in CCR5 gene in asthmatic patients. Act Med Iran 2010, article in press.
5. Fleet JC. Molecular actions of vitamin D contributing to cancer prevention. Mol Aspects Med 2008; 29:388-396.
6. Arababadi MK, Pourfathollah AA, Jafarzadeh A, Hassanshahi G, Rezvani ME. Association of exon 9 but not intron 8 VDR polymorphisms with occult HBV infection in south-eastern Iranian patients. J Gastroen Hepatol 2009; 25: 90-93.
7. Evans KN, Nguyen L,Chan J, Innes BA, Bulmer JN, Kilby MD, et al. Effects of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 on cytokine production by human decidual cells. Biol Reprod? 2006; 75:816-322.
8. Gorman S, Judge MA, Burchell JT, Turner DJ, Hart PH. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 enhances the ability of transferred CD4+ CD25+ cells to modulate T helper type 2-driven asthmatic responses. Immunology 2010; 130:181-192.
9. Raby BA, Lazarus R, Silverman EK, Lake S, Lange C, Wjst M, et al. Association of vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms with childhood and adult asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2004; 170:1057-1065.
10. Ogunkolade BW, Boucher BJ, Prahl JM, Bustin SA, Burrin JM, Noonan K, et al. Vitamin D receptor (VDR) mRNA and VDR protein levels in relation to vitamin D status, insulin secretory capacity, and VDR genotype in Bangladeshi Asians. Diabetes 2002; 51:2294-300.
11. Birlea SA, Costin GE, Norris DA. Cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in the action of vitamin D analogs targeting vitiligo depigmentation. Curr Drug Targets 2008; 9:345-359.
12. Larcombe LA, Orr PH, Lodge AM, Brown JS, Dembinski IJ, Milligan LC, et al. Functional gene polymorphisms in canadian aboriginal populations with high rates of tuberculosis. J Infect Dis 2008; 198:1175- 1179.
13. Suneetha PV, Sarin SK, Goyal A, Kumar GT, Shukla DK, Hissar S. Association between vitamin D receptor, CCR5, TNF-alpha and TNF-beta gene polymorphisms and HBV infection and severity of liver disease. J Hepatol 2006; 44:856-863.
14. Poon AH, Laprise C, Lemire M, Montpetit A, Sinnett D, Schurr E, et al. Association of vitamin D receptor genetic variants with susceptibility to asthma and atopy. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2004; 170:967-973.
15. Saadi A, Gao G, Li H, Wei C, Gong Y, Liu Q. Association study between vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and asthma in the Chinese Han population: a case-control study. BMC Med Genet 2009; 10:71.
16. Vollmer! C, Illig T, Altmuller J, Klugbauer S, Loesgen S, Dumitrescu L, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism screening and association analysis--exclusion of integrin beta 7 and vitamin D receptor (chromosome 12q) as candidate genes for asthma. Clin Exp Allergy 2004; 34:1841-1850.
17. Fang WL, Gao LB, Liang WB, Xue H, Bai P, Lv ML, et al. Association analysis of vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms in chinese population with asthma. Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 2009; 8: 141-147.
18. Wjst M. Variants in the vitamin D receptor gene and asthma. BMC Genet 2005; 6:2.