1. Ren J. Leptin and hyperleptinemia from friend to foe for cardiovascular function. J Endocrinol 2004; 181:1-10.
2. Nammi S, Koka S, Chinnala K, Boini KM. Obesity: an overview on its current perspectives and treatment options. Nutr J 2004; 3:3-10.
3. Slentz CA, Aiken LB , Houmard JA, Bales CW, Johnson JL,Tanner CJ, et al. Inactivity, exercise and visceral fat. J Appl Physiol 2005; 99:1613-1618.
4. Campfield LA, Smith FJ, Burn P. Strategies and potential molecular targets for obesity treatment. Science 1998; 280:1383–1387.
5. Brania JD, Schmidth SM. Baseline non-fasting serum leptin concentration to body mass index ratio is predictive of IVF outcomes. Hum Rep 2001; 16:1819-1826.
6. Kraemer RR, Chu H, Castracane VD. Leptin and exercise. Exp Biol Med 2002; 227:701-708.
7. Webber J. Energy balance in obesity. Proc Nutr Soc 2003; 62:539-543.
8. Meier U, Gressner AM. Endocrine regulation of energy metabolism: review of pathology and clinical chemical aspects of leptin, ghrelin and adiponectin and resistin. Clin Chem 2005; 50:1511-1525.
9. Maffei M, Halaas J, Ravussin J. Leptin levels in human and rodent: measurements of plasma leptin and ob RNA in obese and weight-reduced subjects. Natur Med 1996; 1:1155–1161.
10. Purnel JK, Kahn SE, Albers JL, Nevin DN, Brunzell JD, Schwartz RS. Effects of weight loss with reduction of intra-abdomonal fat on lipid metabolism in older men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000; 85:977-982.
11. Bouassida A, Zalleg D, Bouassida S, Zaouali M, Feki Y, Tabka Z. Leptin its implication in physical exercise and training: a short review. J Sport Sci Med 2006; 5:172-181.
12. Kohrt WM, Landt M, Birge SJ. Serum leptin levels are reduced in response to exercise training, but not hormone replacement therapy, in older women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1996; 81:3980–3985.
13. Pasman WJ, Saris WH. The relation of insulin and OB protein in trained and control, weight-reduced males. Obes Res 1996; 4:14s.
14. Latiffah L, Hanachi P.To investigate the relation of hypertension and anthropometric measurement. J Appl Sci 2008; 8:3963-3968.
15. Stoedefalke K. Effects of exercise training on blood lipids and lipoproteins in children and adolescents. J Sport Sci Med 2007; 6: 313-318.
16. Hammond KA.: Dietary and Clinical Assessment.. In: Mahan LK, Escott-Stump S. Krause's Food, Nutrition, and Diet Therapy, 11th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders; , 2004:407-435
17. Friedwald WT. Estimation of concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge. Clin Chem 1973; 18:499-502.
18. Pelleymounter MA, Cullen MJ, Baker MB, Hecht R,Winters D, Boone T, et al. Effects of obese gene product on body weight regulation in ob/ob mice. Science 1995; 269:541-543.
19. Unal M, Unal DD, Baltaci AK, Mguulkoc R. Investigation of serum leptin levels and vo2max value in trained young male athletes and healthy males. Acta Physiol Hung 2006; 92:173-179.
20. Holcmb CA, Heim DL, Loughin TM. Physical activity minimizes the association of body fatness with abdominal obesity in white, premenopausal women:results from the third nation health nutrition examination survey. J Am Diet Assoc 2004; 104:1859-1862.
21. Sartorio A, Agosti F, Lafortuna L. Effect of a 3-week integrated body weight reduction program on leptin levels and body composition in severe obese subjects. J Endocrinol Invest 2003; 26:250-256.
22. Jenkins AB, Markovic AC, Campbell LV. Carbohydrate intake and short term regulation of leptin in humans. Diabetologia 1997; 40: 348-351.
23. Kremen J, Anderlová J, Dolezalová R, Housová J, Haluzíková D, Kunesová M, et al.The influence of very low calorie diet on serum leptin, soluble leptin receptor, adiponectin and resistin levels in obese women. Physiol Res 2006; 55:277-283.
24. Elahi D, Ryan AS.The effects of acute hyperglycemia and hyperinsulinemia on plasma leptin levels: its relationships with body fat, visceral adiposity, and age in women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1996; 81:4433-4438.
25. Brania JD, Schmidth SM. Baseline non-fasting serum leptin concentration to body mass index ratio is predictive of IVF outcomes. Hum Rep 2001; 16:1819-1826.
26. Hickey MS, Houmard JA, Considine RV, Tyndall GL, Midgette JB, Gavigan KE, Weidner ML, McCammon MR, Israel RG, Caro JF 1997 Gender-dependent effects of exercise training on serum leptin levels in humans. Am J Physiol 272:E562–E566
27. Sinha MK, Opentanova I, Ohannesian JP, Kolaczynski JW, Heiman ML, Hale J, et al. Evidence of free and bound leptin in human circulation. Studies in lean and obese subjects and during short-term fasting. J Clin Invest 1996; 98:1277-1282.
28. Buemann B, Tremblay A. Effects of exercise training on abdominal obesity and related metabolic complications. Sports Med 1996; 21:191-212.
29. Palomba S, Giallauria F, Falbo A, Russo T, Oppedisano R, Tolino A, Colao A, Vigorito C, Zullo F, Orio F. Structured exercise training programme versus hypocaloric hyperproteic diet in obese polycystic ovary syndrome patients with anovulatory infertility: a 24-week pilot study. Hum Reprod. 2008; 23(3):642-650.
30. Kraus WE, Houmard JA, Duscha BD, Knetzger KJ, Wharton MB, McCartney JS, et al. Effects of the amount and intensity of exercise on plasma lipoproteins. N Eng J Med 2003; 347:1462-1483.
31. Gentile CL,Arciero PJ, Martin-Pressman R, Ormsbee MJ, Everett M, Zwicky L, et al. Increased dietary protein and combined high intensity aerobic exercise improves body fat distribution and cardiovascular risk factors. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2006; 16:373-379.
32. Oda H. Functions of sulfur-containing amino acids in lipid metabolism. J Nutr 2006; 136:1666-16690.
33. Frank LL, Sorensen BE, Yasui Y. Effects of exercise on metabolic risk variables in overweight post menopausal women trial. Obes Res J 2005; 3:615-625.
34. Donald K, Ellen E, Jamie IB, Jennifer S, Donna JE, Richard AB. Dietary protein and exercise have additive effects on body composition during weight loss in adult women. Hum Nutr Metab 2005; 135:1903-1910.
35. Fernhall WB, Kanaley JA, Giannopoulou LL, Goulopoulou S, Kanaley JA. Exercise is required for visceral fat loss in post menopausal women with type 2 diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1511-1518.
36. Samitz G, Bachl N. Physical training programs and their effects on aerobic capacity risk profile in sedentary individuals, design of a long term exercise training program. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 1991; 31:283-293.
37. Fontana L, Villareal D, Weiss E, Racette S, Steger-May K, Klein S, et al. Calorie restriction or exercise: effects on coronary heart disease risk factors. Am J Endocrinol Metab 2007; 293:197-202.