1. Feger F, Ferry-Dunazet H, Matsuda MM, Bordenave J, Dupouy M, Nussler AK, et al. Role of iron in tumor cell protection from the pro-apoptotic effect of nitric oxide. Cancer Res 2001; 61:5289-5294.
2. Kim KK, Kim PK, Kwon YG, Bai SK, Nam WD, Kim YM. Regulation of apoptosis by nitrosative stress. J Biochem Mol Biol 2002; 35:127-133.
3. Albina JE, Cui S, Mateo RB, Reichner JS. Nitric oxide-mediated apoptosis in murine peritoneal macrophages. J Immunol 1998; 150:5080-5085.
4. Lu I, Bonham CA, Chambers FG, Watkins SC, Holfman RA, Simmons RI, et al. Induction of nitric oxide synthase in mouse dendritic cells by IFN-gamma, endotoxin, and interaction with allogenic T cells: nitric oxide production is associated with dentritic cell apoptosis. J Immunol 1998; 157:3577-3586.
5. Gordon SA, Abou-Jaoude W, Hoffman RA, MacCarthy SA, Kim YM, Zhou X, et al. Nitric oxide induces murine thymocyte apoptosis by oxidative injury and a p53-dependent mechanism. J Leukoc Biol 2001; 70:87-95.
6. Kaneto H, Fujii J, Seo HG, Suzuki K, Matsuoka T, Nakamura M, et al. Apoptotic cell death triggered by nitric oxide in pancreatic beta-cells. Diabetes 1995; 44:733-738.
7. Dawson VL, Kizushi VM, Huang PL, Synder SH, Dawson TM. Resistance to neurotoxicity in cortical cultures from neuronal nitric oxide synthase-deficient mice. J Neurosci 1996; 16:2479-2487.
8. Hirakava M, Oike M, Masuda K, Ito Y. Tumor cell apoptosis by irradiation-induced nitric oxide production in vascular endothelium. Cancer Res 2002; 62:1450-1457.
9. McCauley SD, Gilchrist M, Befus AD. Nitric oxide: a major determination of mast cell phenotype and function. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 2005; 100:11-14.
10. Choi BM, Pae HO, Jane SI, Kim YM, Chung HT. Nitric oxide as a pro-apoptotic as well as anti-apoptotic modulator. J Biochem Mol Biol 2002; 35:116-126.
11. Huang H. Iron overload and its association with cancer risk in humans: evidence for iron as a carcinogenic metal. Mutat Res 2003; 533:153-171.
12. Hida AI, Kawabata T, Minamiyama Y, Mizote A,Okada S. Saccharated colloidal iron enhances lipopolysaccharide- induced nitric oxide production in vivo. Free Radic Biol Med 2003; 34:1426-1434.
13. Kharazi S, Zavaran HA, Tiraihi T. The role of overproduction of nitric oxide in apoptosis of BALB/C mice macrophages infected with leishmania major in vitro. IAARI 2003; 2(4):209-214.
14. Pirdel L, Zavaran HA, Tiraihi T. Role of iron overload in apoptosis of Balb/c mice macrophages infected with leishmania major in vitro. Yakhteh 2007; 9(3):196-201.
15. Mulero V, Brock JH. Regulation of iron metabolism in murine J774 macrophages: role of nitric oxide-dependent and independent pathways following activation with gamma interferon and lipopolysaccharide. Blood 1999; 94:2383-2389.
16. Ferret PJ, Soum E, Negre O, Fradelizi D. Auto-protective redox buffering systems in stimulated macrophages. BMC Immunol 2002; 3:1-13.
17. Nishikawa Y, Mishima M, Nagasawa H, Igarash I, Fujisaki K, Otsuka H, et al. Interferon-gamma-induced apoptosis in host cells infected with Neospora caninum. Parasitology 2001; 123: 25-31.
18. Meier P, Dayer E, Blanc E, Wauters JP. Early T cell activation correlates with expression of apoptosis markers in patients with end-stage renal disease. J Am Soc Nephrol 2002; 13:204-212.
19. Luttmann W, Dauer E, Schmidt S, Mark O, Hossfeld M, Matthys H, et al. Effects of interferon- and tumour necrosis factor- on CD95/Fas ligand-mediated apoptosis in human blood eosinophils. Scand J Immunol 2000; 51:54-59.
20. Kim YM, Chung HT, Kim SS, Han JA, Yoo YM, Kim KM. Nitric oxide protects PC12 cells from serum deprivation-induced apoptosis by cGMP-dependent inhibition of caspase signaling. J Neurosci 1999; 19:6740-6747.
21. Gonzalez A, Lopez AS, Alegre E, Alcazar JL, Lopez-Moratalla N. Dose nitric oxide plays a role in maternal tolerance towards the foetus? J Physiol Biochem 2004; 60: 227-238.
22. Philippe MA, Ruddell RG, Ramm GA. Role of iron in hepatic fibrosis: one piece in the puzzle. World J Gastroentrol 2007; 13:4746-4754.
23. Liu TZ, Lee KT, Chern CL, Cheng JT, Stern A, Tasi LY. Free radical-triggered hepatic injury of experimental obstructive jaunide of rats involves overproduction activation of nuclear factor B. Ann Clin Lab Sci 2001; 31:383-390.
24. Kawabata T, Ma Y, Yamador I, Okada S. Iron-induced apoptosis in mouse renal proximal tunules after an injection of renal carcinogen, iron-nitrilotriacetate. Carcinogenesis 1997; 18:1389-1394.
25. Hsieh CH, Jeng SF, Hsieh MW, Chen YC, Rau CS, Lu TH, et al. Statin-induced heme oxygenase-1 increases NF-B activation and oxygen radical production in cultured neuronal cells exposed to lipopolysaccharide. J Toxicol Sci 2008; 102:150-159.