1. Duffield JS, Grafals M, Portilla D. MicroRNAs are potential therapeutic targets in fibrosing kidney disease: lessons from animal models. Drug Discov Today Dis Models 2013; 10:e127-e35.
2. Ishii Y, Sawada T, Kubota K, Fuchinoue S, Teraoka S, Shimizu A. Injury and progressive loss of peritubular capillaries in the development of chronic allograft nephropathy. Kidney Int 2005; 67:321-332.
3. Lee R, Feinbaum R, Ambros V. A short history of a short RNA. Cell 2004; 116:S89-92, 1 p following S6.
4. Thum T, Gross C, Fiedler J, Fischer T, Kissler S, Bussen M, et al. MicroRNA-21 contributes to myocardial disease by stimulating MAP kinase signalling in fibroblasts. Nature 2008; 456:980-984.
5. Majid S, Saini S, Dar AA, Hirata H, Shahryari V, Tanaka Y, et al. MicroRNA-205 inhibits Src-mediated oncogenic pathways in renal cancer. Cancer Res 2011; 71:2611-2621.
6. Sempere LF, Christensen M, Silahtaroglu A, Bak M, Heath CV, Schwartz G, et al. Altered MicroRNA expression confined to specific epithelial cell subpopulations in breast cancer. Cancer Res 2007; 67:11612-11620.
7. Qin AY, Zhang XW, Liu L, Yu JP, Li H, Wang SZ, et al. MiR-205 in cancer: an angel or a devil? Eur J Cell Biol 2013; 92:54-60.
8. Plate M, Li T, Wang Y, Mo X, Zhang Y, Ma D, et al. Identification and characterization of CMTM4, a novel gene with inhibitory effects on HeLa cell growth through Inducing G2/M phase accumulation. Mol cells 2010; 29:355-361.
9. Vaziri ND, Liu SM, Lau WL, Khazaeli M, Nazertehrani S, Farzaneh SH, et al. High amylose resistant starch diet ameliorates oxidative stress, inflammation, and progression of chronic kidney disease. PLoS One 2014; 9:e114881.
10. Inami Y, Hamada C, Seto T, Hotta Y, Aruga S, Inuma J, et al. Effect of AST-120 on Endothelial Dysfunction in Adenine-Induced Uremic Rats. Int J Nephrol 2014; 2014:164125.
11. Nguy L, Johansson ME, Grimberg E, Lundgren J, Teerlink T, Carlstrom M, et al. Rats with adenine-induced chronic renal failure develop low-renin, salt-sensitive hypertension and increased aortic stiffness. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 2013; 304:R744-752.
12. Dirks J, Remuzzi G, Horton S, Schieppati A, Rizvi SAH. Diseases of the Kidney and the Urinary System. In: Jamison DT, Breman JG, Measham AR, Alleyne G, Claeson M, Evans DB, et al. editors. Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries. 2nd ed. Washington (DC):2006.
13. Hostetter TH. Chronic kidney disease predicts cardiovascular disease. N Engl J Med 2004; 351:1344-1346.
14. National Kidney F. K/DOQI clinical practice guidelines for chronic kidney disease: evaluation, classification, and stratification. Am J kidney Dis 2002; 39:S1-266.
15. Chung AC, Lan HY. MicroRNAs in renal fibrosis. Front Physiol 2015; 6:50.
16. Patnaik S, Mallick R, Kannisto E, Sharma R, Bshara W, Yendamuri S, et al. MiR-205 and MiR-375 microRNA assays to distinguish squamous cell carcinoma from adenocarcinoma in lung cancer biopsies. J Thorac Oncol 2015; 10:446-453.
17. Hirata H, Hinoda Y, Shahryari V, Deng G, Nakajima K, Tabatabai ZL, et al. Long noncoding RNA MALAT1 promotes aggressive renal cell carcinoma through Ezh2 and interacts with miR-205. Cancer Res 2015; 75:1322-1331.
18. Li J, Li L, Li Z, Gong G, Chen P, Liu H, et al. The role of miR-205 in the VEGF-mediated promotion of human ovarian cancer cell invasion. Gynecol Oncol 2015; 137:125-133.
19. Zhang P, Wang L, Rodriguez-Aguayo C, Yuan Y, Debeb BG, Chen D, et al. miR-205 acts as a tumour radiosensitizer by targeting ZEB1 and Ubc13. Nat Commun 2014; 5:5671.
20. Lei L, Huang Y, Gong W. miR-205 promotes the growth, metastasis and chemoresistance of NSCLC cells by targeting PTEN. Oncol Rep 2013; 30:2897-2902.
21. Alla V, Kowtharapu BS, Engelmann D, Emmrich S, Schmitz U, Steder M, et al. E2F1 confers anticancer drug resistance by targeting ABC transporter family members and Bcl-2 via the p73/DNp73-miR-205 circuitry. Cell Cycle 2012; 11:3067-3078.
22. Kittler R, Putz G, Pelletier L, Poser I, Heninger AK, Drechsel D, et al. An endoribonuclease-prepared siRNA screen in human cells identifies genes essential for cell division. Nature 2004; 432:1036-1040.
23. Trionfini P, Benigni A, Remuzzi G. MicroRNAs in kidney physiology and disease. Nat Rev Nephrol 2015; 11:23-33.