1. Barry AE, Klyubin I, Mc Donald JM, Mably AJ, Farrell MA, Scott M, et al. Alzheimer's disease brain-derived amyloid-beta-mediated inhibition of LTP in vivo is prevented by immunotargeting cellular prion protein. J Neurosci 2011; 31:7259-7263.
2. Querfurth HW, LaFerla FM. Alzheimer's disease. N Engl J Med 2010; 362:329-344.
3. He FQ, Qiu BY, Zhang XH, Li TK, Xie Q, Cui DJ, et al. Tetrandrine attenuates spatial memory impairment and hippocampal neuroinflammation via inhibiting NF-kappaB activation in a rat model of Alzheimer's disease induced by amyloid-beta(1-42). Brain Res 2011; 1384:89-96.
4. Jo J, Whitcomb DJ, Olsen KM, Kerrigan TL, Lo SC, Bru-Mercier G, et al. Abeta(1-42) inhibition of LTP is mediated by a signaling pathway involving caspase-3, Akt1 and GSK-3beta. Nat Neurosci 2011; 14:545-547.
5. Jayadev S, Nochlin D, Poorkaj P, Steinbart EJ, Mastrianni JA, Montine TJ, et al. Familial prion disease with Alzheimer disease-like tau pathology and clinical phenotype. Ann Neurol 2011; 69:712-720.
6. Hampel H, Shen Y, Walsh DM, Aisen P, Shaw LM, Zetterberg H, et al. Biological markers of amyloid β-related mechanisms in Alzheimer's disease. Exp Neurol 2010; 223:334-346.
7. Aisen PS, Cummings J, Schneider LS. Symptomatic and nonamyloid/tau based pharmacologic treatment for Alzheimer disease. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 2012; 2:a006395.
8. Piermartiri TC, Figueiredo CP, Rial D, Duarte FS, Bezerra SC, Mancini G, et al. Atorvastatin prevents hippocampal cell death, neuroinflammation and oxidative stress following amyloid-beta(1-40) administration in mice: evidence for dissociation between cognitive deficits and neuronal damage. Exp Neurol 2010; 226:274-284.
9. Zhang W, Miao J, Hao J, Li Z, Xu J, Liu R, et al. Protective effect of S14G-humanin against beta-amyloid induced LTP inhibition in mouse hippocampal slices. Peptides 2009; 30:1197-1202.
10. Ni R, Marutle A, Nordberg A. Modulation of alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor and fibrillar amyloid-beta interactions in Alzheimer's disease brain. J Alzheimers Dis 2013; 33:841-851.
11. Fakhfouri G, Ahmadiani A, Rahimian R, Grolla AA, Moradi F, Haeri A. WIN55212-2 attenuates amyloid-beta-induced neuroinflammation in rats through activation of cannabinoid receptors and PPAR-gamma pathway. Neuropharmacology 2012; 63:653-666.
12. Lehrner J, Marwinski G, Lehr S, Johren P, Deecke L. Ambient odors of orange and lavender reduce anxiety and improve mood in a dental office. Physiol Behav 2005; 86:92-95.
13. Lin PW, Chan WC, Ng BF, Lam LC. Efficacy of aromatherapy (Lavandula angustifolia) as an intervention for agitated behaviours in Chinese older persons with dementia: a cross-over randomized trial. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2007; 22:405-410.
14. Kim HM, Cho SH. Lavender oil inhibits immediate-type allergic reaction in mice and rats. J Pharm Pharmacol 1999; 5:221-226.
15. Adsersen A, Gauguin B, Gudiksen L, Jager AK. Screening of plants used in Danish folk medicine to treat memory dysfunction for acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activity. J Ethnopharmacol 2006; 104:418-422.
16. Hajhashemi V, Ghannadi A, Sharif B. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of the leaf extracts and essential oil of Lavandula angustifolia Mill. J Ethnopharmacol 2003; 89:67-71.
17. Kashani MS, Tavirani MR, Talaei SA, Salami M. Aqueous extract of lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) improves the spatial performance of a rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Neurosci Bull 2011; 27:99-106.
18. Paxinos G, Watson C. The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates - The New Coronal Set: Elsevier Science; 2004.
19. Taghizadeh M, Djazayery A, Salami M, Eshraghian MR, Zavareh SA. Vitamin-D-free regimen intensifies the spatial learning deficit in Alzheimer's disease. Int J Neurosci 2011; 121:16-24.
20. Deane R, Singh I, Sagare AP, Bell RD, Ross NT, LaRue B, et al. A multimodal RAGE-specific inhibitor reduces amyloid beta-mediated brain disorder in a mouse model of Alzheimer disease. J Clin Invest 2012; 122:1377-1392.
21. Yamin G. NMDA receptor-dependent signaling pathways that underlie amyloid beta-protein disruption of LTP in the hippocampus. J Neurosci Res 2009; 87:1729-1736.
22. Origlia N, Capsoni S, Cattaneo A, Fang F, Arancio O, Yan SD, et al. Abeta-dependent Inhibition of LTP in different intracortical circuits of the visual cortex: the role of RAGE. J Alzheimers Dis 2009; 17:59-68.
23. He YX, Wu MN, Zhang H, Qi JS. Amyloid beta-protein suppressed nicotinic acetylcholine receptor-mediated currents in acutely isolated rat hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons. Synapse 2012; 67:11-20.
24. Kar S, Issa AM, Seto D, Auld DS, Collier B, Quirion R. Amyloid beta-peptide inhibits high-affinity choline uptake and acetylcholine release in rat hippocampal slices. J Neurochem 1998; 70:2179-2187.
25. Maatuk N, Samson AO. Modeling the binding mechanism of Alzheimer's Abeta(1-42) to nicotinic acetylcholine receptors based on similarity with snake alpha-neurotoxins. Neurotoxicology 2013; 34:236-242.
26. Wu MN, He YX, Guo F, Qi JS. Alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors are required for the amyloid beta protein-induced suppression of long-term potentiation in rat hippocampal CA1 region in vivo. Brain Res Bull 2008; 77:84-90.
27. Magdesian MH, Nery AA, Martins AH, Juliano MA, Juliano L, Ulrich H, et al. Peptide blockers of the inhibition of neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors by amyloid beta. J Biol Chem 2005; 280:31085-31090.
28. Li S, Hong S, Shepardson NE, Walsh DM, Shankar GM, Selkoe D. Soluble oligomers of amyloid Beta
protein facilitate hippocampal long-term depression by disrupting neuronal glutamate uptake. Neuron 2009; 62:788-801.
29. Goto Y, Niidome T, Akaike A, Kihara T, Sugimoto H. Amyloid beta-peptide preconditioning reduces glutamate-induced neurotoxicity by promoting endocytosis of NMDA receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2006; 351:259-265.
30. Shimmyo Y, Kihara T, Akaike A, Niidome T, Sugimoto H. Three distinct neuroprotective functions of myricetin against glutamate-induced neuronal cell death: involvement of direct inhibition of caspase-3. J Neurosci Res 2008; 86:1836-1845.
31. Alberdi E, Sanchez-Gomez MV, Cavaliere F, Perez-Samartin A, Zugaza JL, Trullas R, et al. Amyloid beta oligomers induce Ca2+ dysregulation and neuronal death through activation of ionotropic glutamate receptors. Cell Calcium 2010; 47:264-272.
32. Buyukokuroglu ME, Gepdiremen A, Hacimuftuoglu A, Oktay M. The effects of aqueous extract of Lavandula angustifolia flowers in glutamate-induced neurotoxicity of cerebellar granular cell culture of rat pups. J Ethnopharmacol 2003; 84:91-94.
33. Umezu T, Nagano K, Ito H, Kosakai K, Sakaniwa M, Morita M. Anticonflict effects of lavender oil and identification of its active constituents. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2006; 85:713-721.
34. Dheen ST, Kaur C, Ling EA. Microglial activation and its implications in the brain diseases. Curr Med Chem 2007; 14:1189-1197.
35. Hoppe JB, Frozza RL, Horn AP, Comiran RA, Bernardi A, Campos MM, et al. Amyloid-beta neurotoxicity in organotypic culture is attenuated by melatonin: involvement of GSK-3beta, tau and neuroinflammation. J Pineal Res 2010; 48:230-238.
36. Wang YJ, Thomas P, Zhong JH, Bi FF, Kosaraju S, Pollard A, et al. Consumption of grape seed extract prevents amyloid-beta deposition and attenuates inflammation in brain of an Alzheimer's disease mouse. Neurotox Res 2009; 15:3-14.
37. Raymond CR, Ireland DR, Abraham WC. NMDA receptor regulation by amyloid-beta does not account for its inhibition of LTP in rat hippocampus. Brain Res 2003; 968:263-272.