1. Langer R, Vacanti JP. Tissue engineering. Science. 1993;260:920-926.
2. Gong YY, Xue JX, Zhang WJ, Zhou GD, Liu W, Cao Y. A sandwich model for engineering cartilage with acellular cartilage sheets and chondrocytes. Biomaterials. 2011;32:2265-2273.
3. Flynn L, Prestwich GD, Semple JL, Woodhouse KA. Adipose tissue engineering with naturally derived scaffolds and adipose-derived stem cells. Biomaterials. 2007;28:3834-3842.
4. Bolland F, Korossis S, Wilshaw SP, Ingham E, Fisher J, Kearney JN, et al. Development and characterisation of a full-thickness acellular porcine bladder matrix for tissue engineering. Biomaterials. 2007;28:1061-1070.
5. Yang Q, Peng J, Guo Q, Huang J, Zhang L, Yao J, et al. A cartilage ECM-derived 3-D porous acellular matrix scaffold for in vivo cartilage tissue engineering with PKH26-labeled chondrogenic bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Biomaterials. 2008;29:2378-2387.
6. Brown BN, Barnes CA, Kasick RT, Michel R, Gilbert TW, Beer-Stolz D, et al. Surface characterization of extracellular matrix scaffolds. Biomaterials. 2010;31:428-437.
7. Schenke-Layland K, Vasilevski O, Opitz F, Konig K, Riemann I, Halbhuber KJ, et al. Impact of decellularization of xenogeneic tissue on extracellular matrix integrity for tissue engineering of heart valves. J Struct Biol. 2003;143:201-208.
8. Schmidt CE, Baier JM. Acellular vascular tissues: natural biomaterials for tissue repair and tissue engineering. Biomaterials. 2000;21:2215-2231.
9. Chen RN, Ho HO, Tsai YT, Sheu MT. Process development of an acellular dermal matrix (ADM) for biomedical applications. Biomaterials. 2004;25:2679-2686.
10. Borschel GH, Dennis RG, Kuzon WM, Jr. Contractile skeletal muscle tissue-engineered on an acellular scaffold. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004;113(2):595-602.
11. Cartmell JS, Dunn MG. Effect of chemical treatments on tendon cellularity and mechanical properties. J Biomed Mater Res. 2000;49:134-140.
12. Badylak SF, Lantz GC, Coffey A, Geddes LA. Small intestinal submucosa as a large diameter vascular graft in the dog. J Surg Res. 1989;47:74-80.
13. Kropp BP, Eppley BL, Prevel CD, Rippy MK, Harruff RC, Badylak SF, et al. Experimental assessment of small intestinal submucosa as a bladder wall substitute. Urology. 1995;46:396-400.
14. Chen F, Yoo JJ, Atala A. Acellular collagen matrix as a possible "off the shelf" biomaterial for urethral repair. Urology. 1999;54:407-410.
15. Freytes DO, Badylak SF, Webster TJ, Geddes LA, Rundell AE. Biaxial strength of multilaminated extracellular matrix scaffolds. Biomaterials. 2004;25:2353-2361.
16. Lin P, Chan WC, Badylak SF, Bhatia SN. Assessing porcine liver-derived biomatrix for hepatic tissue engineering. Tissue Eng. 2004;10:1046-1053.
17. Gilbert TW, Sellaro TL, Badylak SF. Decellularization of tissues and organs. Biomaterials. 2006;27:3675-3683.
18. Woods T, Gratzer PF. Effectiveness of three extraction techniques in the development of a decellularized bone-anterior cruciate ligament-bone graft. Biomaterials. 2005;26:7339-7349.
19. Stapleton TW, Ingram J, Katta J, Knight R, Korossis S, Fisher J, et al. Development and characterization of an acellular porcine medial meniscus for use in tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part A. 2008;14:505-518.
20. Lumpkins SB, Pierre N, McFetridge PS. A mechanical evaluation of three decellularization methods in the design of a xenogeneic scaffold for tissue engineering the temporomandibular joint disc. Acta Biomater. 2008;4:808-816.
21. Raghunath J, Salacinski HJ, Sales KM, Butler PE, Seifalian AM. Advancing cartilage tissue engineering: the application of stem cell technology. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2005;16:503-509.
22. Bruder SP, Fink DJ, Caplan AI. Mesenchymal stem cells in bone development, bone repair, and skeletal regeneration therapy. J Cell Biochem. 1994;56:283-294.
23. Risbud MV, Shapiro IM. Stem cells in craniofacial and dental tissue engineering. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2005;8:54-59.
24. Riha GM, Lin PH, Lumsden AB, Yao Q, Chen C. Review: application of stem cells for vascular tissue engineering. Tissue Eng. 2005;11:1535-1552.
25. Rosenberg L. Chemical basis for the histological use of safranin O in the study of articular cartilage. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1971;53:69-82.
26. Junqueira LC, Bignolas G, Brentani RR. Picrosirius staining plus polarization microscopy, a specific method for collagen detection in tissue sections. Histochem J. 1979;11:447-455.
27. Ghasroldasht MM, Irfan-Maqsood M, Matin MM, Bidkhori HR, Naderi-Meshkin H, Moradi A, et al. Mesenchymal stem cell based therapy for osteo-diseases. Cell Biol Int. 2014;38:1081-1085.
28. Neshati Z, Matin MM, Bahrami AR, Moghimi A. Differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells to insulin-producing cells and their impact on type 1 diabetic rats. J Physiol Biochem. 2010; 66:181-187.
29. Chen WC, Yao CL, Chu IM, Wei YH. Compare the effects of chondrogenesis by culture of human mesenchymal stem cells with various type of the chondroitin sulfate C. J Biosci Bioeng. 2011; 111:226-231.
30. Jia S, Liu L, Pan W, Meng G, Duan C, Zhang L, et al. Oriented cartilage extracellular matrix-derived scaffold for cartilage tissue engineering. J Biosci Bioeng. 2012; 113:647-653.
31. Benders KE, Weeren PR, Badylak SF, Saris DB, Dhert WJ, Malda J. Extracellular matrix scaffolds for cartilage and bone regeneration. TTrends Biotechnol. 2013.
32. Erdag G, Morgan JR. Allogeneic versus xenogeneic immune reaction to bioengineered skin grafts. Cell Transplant. 2004; 13:701-712.
33. Ross JR, Kirk AD, Ibrahim SE, Howell DN, Baldwin WM, 3rd, Sanfilippo FP. Characterization of human anti-porcine "natural antibodies" recovered from ex vivo perfused hearts--predominance of IgM and IgG2. Transplantation. 1993; 55:1144-1150.
34. Murphy CM, Matsiko A, Haugh MG, Gleeson JP, O'Brien FJ. Mesenchymal stem cell fate is regulated by the composition and mechanical properties of
collagen-glycosaminoglycan scaffolds. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2012; 11:53-62.
35. Meezan E, Hjelle JT, Brendel K, Carlson EC. A simple, versatile, nondisruptive method for the isolation of morphologically and chemically pure basement membranes from several tissues. Life sciences. 1975; 17:1721-1732.
36. Omae H, Zhao C, Sun YL, An KN, Amadio PC. Multilayer tendon slices seeded with bone marrow stromal cells: a novel composite for tendon engineering. J Orthop Res. 2009; 27:937-942.
37. Shahabipour F, Mahdavi-Shahri N, Matin MM, Tavassoli A, Zebarjad SM. Scaffolds derived from cancellous bovine bone support mesenchymal stem cells' maintenance and growth. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2013; 49:440-448.
38. Zheng MH, Chen J, Kirilak Y, Willers C, Xu J, Wood D. Porcine small intestine submucosa (SIS) is not an acellular collagenous matrix and contains porcine DNA: possible implications in human implantation. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2005; 73:61-67.
39. Nagata S, Hanayama R, Kawane K. Autoimmunity and the clearance of dead cells. Cell. 2010; 140:619-630.
40.Maeda S, Fujitomo T, Okabe T, Wakitani S, Takagi M. Shrinkage-free preparation of scaffold-free cartilage-like disk-shaped cell sheet using human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. J Biosci Bioeng. 2011; 111:489-492.