1. Sarbaz M, Pournik O, Ghalichi L, Kimiafar K, Razavi AR. Designing a Human T-Lymphotropic Virus Type 1 (HTLV-I) Diagnostic Model Using the Complete Blood Count. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16:247.
2. Tayarani A, Baratian A, Sistani MB, Saberi MR, Tehranizadeh Z. Artificial neural networks analysis used to evaluate the molecular interactions between selected drugs and human cyclooxygenase2 receptor. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16:1196.
3. Breastcancer.org: Knowing your risk can save your life [Internet]. Breastcancer.org. 2016 [cited 12 May 2016]. Available from: http://www.breastcancer.org
4. Basha SS, Prasad KS. Automatic detection of breast cancer mass in mammograms using morphological operators and fuzzy c--means clustering. J Theor Appl Inf Technol 2009; 5.
5. How is breast cancer diagnosed? [Internet]. Cancer.org. 2016 [cited 12 May 2016]. Available from: http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/detailedguide/breast-cancer-diagnosis.
6. Elmore JG, Wells CK, Lee CH, Howard DH, Feinstein AR. Variability in radiologists' interpretations of mammograms. N Engl J Med 1994; 331:1493-1499.
7. Fletcher SW, Black W, Harris R, Rimer BK, Shapiro S. Report of the international workshop on screening for breast cancer. J Nat Cancer Inst 1993; 85:1644-1656.
8. Willems SM, Van Deurzen CH, Van Diest PJ. Diagnosis of breast lesions: fine-needle aspiration cytology or core needle biopsy? A review. J clin pathol 2012; 65:287-292.
9. Kohavi R, John GH. Wrappers for feature subset selection. Artif Intell 1997; 97:273-324.
10. Abe N, Kudo M, Toyama J, Shimbo M. A divergence criterion for classifier-independent feature selection. Advances in Pattern Recognition: Springer; 2000. p. 668-676.
11. Guyon I, Elisseeff A. An introduction to variable and feature selection. J Mach Learn Res 2003; 3:1157-1182.
12. Bermejo P, Gámez JA, Puerta JM. A GRASP algorithm for fast hybrid (filter-wrapper) feature subset selection in high-dimensional datasets. Pattern Recognit Lett 2011; 32:701-711.
13. Aghdam MH, Ghasem-Aghaee N, Ehsan Basiri M, editors. Application of ant colony optimization for feature selection in text categorization. Evolutionary Computation, 2008 CEC 2008(IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence) IEEE Congress on; 2008: IEEE.
14. Unler A, Murat A. A discrete particle swarm optimization method for feature selection in binary classification problems. Eur J Oper Res 2010; 206:528-539.
15. Karegowda AG, Jayaram M, Manjunath A. Feature subset selection problem using wrapper approach in supervised learning. Int J Comput Appl 2010; 1:13-17.
16. Youn E, Koenig L, Jeong MK, Baek SH. Support vector-based feature selection using Fisher’s linear discriminant and Support Vector Machine. Exp Syst Appl 2010; 37:6148-6156.
17. Deisy C, Subbulakshmi B, Baskar S, Ramaraj N, editors. Efficient dimensionality reduction approaches for feature selection. Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, 2007 International Conference on; 2007: IEEE.
18. Sridevi T, Murugan A. An intelligent classifier for breast cancer diagnosis based on K-Means clustering and rough set. Int J Comput Appl 2014; 85:38-42.
19. Sridevi T, Murugan A. A novel feature selection method for effective breast cancer diagnosis and prognosis. Int J Comput Appl 2014; 88:28-33.
20. UCI Machine Learning Repository: Breast Cancer Wisconsin (Diagnostic) Data Set [Internet]. Archive.ics.uci.edu. 2016 [cited 12 May 2016]. Available from:
21. Holland JH. Adaptation in natural and artificial systems: An introductory analysis with applications to biology, control, and artificial intelligence: U Michigan Press; 1975.
22. Zahiri SH, Seyedin SA. Swarm intelligence based classifiers. J Franklin Inst 2007; 344:362-3676.
23. Kennedy J, Eberhart R, editors. Particle swarm optimization. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks; 1995.
24. Bandyopadhyay S, Murthy CA, Pal SK. Theoretical performance of genetic pattern classifier. J Franklin Inst 1999; 336:387-422.
25. Oh IS, Lee JS, Moon BR. Hybrid genetic algorithms for feature selection. IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 2004; 26:1424-1437.
26. Hadizadeh F, Vahdani S, Jafarpour M. Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship Studies of 4-Imidazolyl-1, 4-dihydropyridines as Calcium Channel Blockers. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2013; 16:910-916.
27. Lavanya D, Rani DK. Analysis of feature selection with classification: Breast cancer datasets. Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE); 2011; 2:756-763.
28. Karabatak M, Ince MC. An expert system for detection of breast cancer based on association rules and neural network. Exp Syst Appl 2009; 36:3465-3469.
29. Chen HL, Yang B, Liu J, Liu DY. A support vector
machine classifier with rough set-based feature selection for breast cancer diagnosis. Exp Syst Appl 2011; 38:9014-9022.
30. Senturk ZK, Kara R. Breast Cancer Diagnosis via Data Mining: Performance Analysis of Seven different algorithms. Computer Science & Engineering 2014; 4:35.
31. Noruzi A, Sahebi H. A graph-based feature selection method for improving medical diagnosis. Adv Comput Sci 2015; 4:36-40.
32. Zhao JY, Zhang ZL, editors. Fuzzy rough neural network and its application to feature selection. Advanced Computational Intelligence (IWACI), 2011 Fourth International Workshop on; 2011: IEEE.
33. Liu Y, Zheng YF. FS_SFS: A novel feature selection method for support vector machines. Pattern Recognit 2006; 39:1333-1345.
34. Dumitru D. Prediction of recurrent events in breast cancer using the Naive Bayesian classification. Annals of the University of Craiova-Mathematics and Computer Science Series 2009; 36:92-96.
35. Jacob SG, Ramani RG, editors. Efficient classifier for classification of prognostic breast cancer data through data mining techniques. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science; 2012.
36. Richards G, Rayward-Smith VJ, Sonksen PH, Carey S, Weng C. Data mining for indicators of early mortality in a database of clinical records. Artif Intell Med 2001; 22:215-231.