1. Jiang Y, Zhang Z, Joyce DC, Ketsa S. Postharvest biology and handling of longan fruit (Dimocarpus longan Lour.). Postharvest Biol Technol 2002; 26:241-252.
2. Jiangsu New College of Medicine. Chinese Materia Medica Dictionary. Shanghai, China: Shanghai People’s Press; 1977. p. 637.
3. Lin CC, Chung YC, Hsu CP. Potential roles of longan flower and seed extracts for anti-cancer. World J Exp Med 2012; 2:78–85.
4. Wang H, Zhang X, Li Y, Chen R, Ouyang S, Sun P, et al. Antitumor activity of a polysaccharide from longan seed on lung cancer cell line A549 in vitro and in vivo. Tumour Biol 2014; 35:7259–7266.
5. Huang RQ, Zou XY, Liu XM. Study on the hypoglycemic effect of longan seed extract. Nat Prod Res Dev 2006; 18:991–992.
6. Hou CW, Lee YC, Hung HF, Fu HW, Jeng KC. Longan seed extract reduces hyperuricemia via modulating urate transporters and suppressing xanthine oxidase activity. Am J Chin Med 2012; 40:979–991.
7. Rangkadilok N, Sitthimonchai S, Worsuttayangkurn L, Mahidol C, Ruchirawat M, Satayavivad J. Evaluation of free radical scavenging and antityrosinase activities of standardized longan fruit extract. Food ChemToxicol 2007; 45:328–336.
8. Jadon A, Bhadauria M, Shukla S. Protective effect of Terminalia belerica Roxb. and gallic acid against carbon tetrachloride induced damage in albino rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2007; 109:214–218.
9. Losso JN, Bansode RR, Trappey A 2nd, Bawadi HA, Truax R. In vitro anti-proliferative activities of ellagic acid. J Nutr Biochem 2004; 15:672–678.
10. Lin WH, Siao AC, Kuo HH, Ho LH, Jeng KC, Hou CW. Gardenia jasminoides extracts and gallic acid inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation by suppression of JNK2/1 signaling pathways in BV-2 cells. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2015; 18:555–562.
11. Jeng KC, Hou RC, Wang JC, Ping LI. Sesamin inhibits lipopolysaccharide- induced cytokine production by suppression of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and nuclear factor-kappaB. Immunol Lett 2005; 97:101–106.
12. Rangkadilok N, Worasuttayangkurn L, Bennett RN, Satayavivad J. Identification and quantification of polyphenolic compounds in Longan (Euphoria longana Lam.) fruit. J Agric Food Chem 2005; 53:1387-1392.
13. Hajhashemi V, Minaiyan M, Banafshe HR, Mesdaghinia A, Abed A. The anti-inflammatory effects of venlafaxine in the rat model of carrageenan-induced paw edema. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2015; 18:654–658.
14. Bhat NR, Zhang P, Lee JC, Hogan EL. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase and p38 subgroups of mitogen-activated protein kinase regulate inducible nitric oxide synthase and tumor necrosis factor-gene expression in endotoxin-stimulated primary glial cultures. J Neurosci 1998; 18:1633–1641.
15. Woo CH, Lim JH, Kim JH. Lipopolysaccharide induces matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression via a mitochondrial reactive oxygen species-p38 kinase-activator protein-1 pathway in Raw 264.7 cells. J Immunol 2004; 173:6973–6980.
16. Branger J, van den Blink B, Weijer S, Madwed J, Bos CL, Gupta A, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of a p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitor during human endotoxemia. J Immunol 2002; 168:4070–4077.
17. Jin F, Cheng D, Tao JY, Zhang SL, Pang R, Guo YJ, et al. Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative effects of corilagin in a rat model of acute cholestasis. BMC Gastroenterol 2013; 13:79.
18. Kyriakis JM, Avruch J. Mammalian mitogen-activated protein kinase signal transduction pathways activated by stress and inflammation. Physiol Rev 2001; 81:807–869.
19. Hwang HJ, Lee HJ, Kim CJ, Shim I, Hahm DH. Inhibitory effect of amygdalin on lipopolysaccharide-inducible TNF-α and IL-1β mRNA expression and carrageenan-induced rat arthritis. J Microbiol Biotechnol 2008; 18:1641–1647.
20. Kim MJ, Rangasamy S, Shim Y, Song JM. Cell lysis-free quantum dot multicolor cellular imaging-based mechanism study for TNF-α-induced insulin resistance. J Nanobiotechnol 2015; 13:4.
21. Park JW, Kwon OK, Jang HY, Jeong H, Oh SR, Lee HK, et al. A leaf methanolic extract of Wercklea insignis attenuates the lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory response by blocking the NF-κB signaling pathway in RAW 264.7 macrophages. Inflammation 2012; 35:321–331.
22. Ho SC, Hwang LS, Shen YJ, Lin CC. Suppressive effect of a proanthocyanidin-rich extract from longan (Dimocarpus longan Lour.) flowers on nitric oxide production in LPS-stimulated macrophage cells. J Agric Food Chem 2007; 55:10664–10670.
23. Lin AM, Wu LY, Hung KC, Huang HJ, Lei YP, Lu WC, et al. Neuroprotective effects of longan (Dimocarpus longan Lour.) flower water extract on MPP+-induced neurotoxicity in rat brain. J Agric Food Chem 2012; 60:9188–9194.