1. ATSDR. Toxicological Profile for Cadmium. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, US Department of Health and Human Services. 1999.Available at: URL: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp5.html.
2. Abnosi MH, Soleimani H. Cadmium affects viability of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells through membrane impairment, intracellular calcium elevation and DNA breakage. Indian J Med Sci 2010; 64:177-186.
3. Nair AR, DeGheselle O, Smeets K, Van Kerkhove E, Cuypers A. Cadmium-induced pathologies: where is the oxidative balance lost (or Not)? Int J Mol Sci 2013; 14:6116-6143.
4. Sarwar N, Malhi SS, Zia MH, Naeem A, Bibi S, Farid G. Role of mineral nutrition in minimizing cadmium accumulation by plants. J Sci Food Agric 2010; 90:925–937.
5. Satarug S, Garrett SH, Sens MA, Sens DA. Cadmium, environmental exposure, and health outcomes. Environ. Health Perspect 2010; 118:182–190.
6. Satarug S, Haswell-Elkins MR, Moore MR. Safe levels of cadmium intake to prevent renal toxicity in human subjects. Br J Nutr 2000; 84:791–802.
7. Hogervorst J, Plusquin M, Vangronsveld J, Nawrot T. Cuypers A, Van Hecke E, et al. House dust as possible route of environmental exposure to cadmium and lead in the adult general population. Environ Res 2007; 103:30–37.
8. Satarug S, Moore MR. Adverse health effects of chronic exposure to low-level cadmium in foodstuffs and cigarette smoke. Environ Health Perspect 2004; 112:1099–1103.
9. Lokhande RS, Singare PU, Pimple DS. Pollution in water of kasardi river flowing along Taloja industrial area of Mumbai, India. World Environment 2011; 1:6-13.
10. Jin T, Lu J, Nordberg M. Toxicokinetics and biochemistry of cadmium with special emphasis on the role of metallothionein. NeuroToxicol 1998; 19:529–536.
11. Wang B, Du Y. Cadmium and its neurotoxic effects. Oxidative medicine and cellular longevity. 2013: 1-12.
12. Chatterjee S, Kundu S, Sengupta S, Bhattacharyya A. Divergence to apoptosis from ROS induced cell cycle arrest: Effect of cadmium. Mutat Res 2009; 663:22–31.
13. Soleimani Mehranjani M, Mosavi M. Cadmium chloride toxicity suppresses osteogenic potential of rat bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells through reducing cell viability and bone matrix mineralization. Indian J Med Sci 2011; 65:157-167.
14. Giaginis C, Gatzidou E, Theocharis S. DNA repair systems as targets of cadmium toxicity. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2006; 213:282–290.
15. Ogawa T, Kobayashi E, Okubo Y, Suwazono Y, Kido T, Nogawa K. Relationship among prevalence of patients with Itai-itai disease, prevalence of abnormal urinary findings, and cadmium concentrations in rice of individual hamlets in the Jinzu River basin, Toyama prefecture of Japan. Int J Environ Health Res 2004; 14:243–252.
16. Chen X, Zhu G, Gu S, Jin T, Shao C. Effects of cadmium on osteoblasts and osteoclasts in vitro. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2009; 28:232–236.
17. Åkesson A, Bjellerup P, Lundh T, Lidfeldt J, Nerbrand C, Samsioe G, et al. Cadmium-induced effects on bone in a population-based study of women. Environ Health Perspect 2006; 114:830–834.
18. Kazantzis G. Cadmium, osteoporosis and calcium metabolism. Biometals 2004; 17:493-498.
19. Engström A, Skerving S, Lidfeldt J, Burgaz A, Lundh T, Samsioe G, et al. Cadmium-induced bone effect is not mediated via low serum 1,25-dihydroxy vitamin D. Environ Res 2009; 109:188–192.
20. Wallin M, Sallsten G, Fabricius-Lagging E, Öhrn C, Lundh T, Barregard L. Kidney cadmium levels and associations with urinary calcium and bone mineral density: a cross-sectional study in Sweden. Environ Health 2013; 12:22.
21. Alghasham A, Salem TA, Meki AR. Effect of cadmium-polluted water on plasma levels of tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-6 and oxidative status biomarkers in rats: protective effect of curcumin. Food Chem Toxicol 2013; 59:160-164
22. El-Boshy ME, Risha EF, Abdelhamid FM, Mubarak MS, Hadda TB. Protective effects of selenium against cadmium induced hematological disturbances, immunosuppressive, oxidative stress and hepatorenal damage in rats. J Trace Elem Med Biol 2015; 29:104-110.
23. Baghaban Eslaminejad M, Salami F, Soleymani Mehranjani M, Abnoosi MH, Eftekhari-Yazdi P. Bromoindirubin-3-oxime treatment enhances the in vitro proliferation and viability of rat marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Physiol Pharmacol 2009; 13:57–67.
24. Greco SJ, Zhou C, Ye JH, Rameshwar P. A method to generate human mesenchymal stem cell-derived neurons which express and are excited by multiple neurotransmitters. Biol Proced Online 2008; 10: 90-101.
25. Cassarino DS, Fall CP, Swerdlow RH, Smith TS, Halvorsen EM, Miller SW, et al.Elevated reactive oxygen species and antioxidant enzyme activities in animal and cellular models of Parkinson's disease. Biochim Biophys Acta 1997; 1362:77–86.
26. Jones GE, Mould DL. Adaptation of the guaiacol (peroxidase) test for hapatoglobins to a microtitration plate system. Res Vet Sci 1984; 37:87-92.
27. FernándezC, San-MiguelE, Fernández-Briera A. Superoxide dismutase and catalase: tissue activities and relation with age in the long-lived species Margaritifera margaritifera. Biol Res 2009; 42:57-68.
28. Devasagayam TP, Bolloor KK, Ramasarma T. Methods for estimating lipid peroxidation: an analysis of merits and demerits. Indian J Biochem Biophys 2003; 40:300–308.
29. Kravić SŽ, Suturović ZJ, Đurović AD, Brezo TŽ, Milanović SD, Malbaša RV, et al. Direct determination of calcium, sodium and potassium in fermented milk products. APTEFF 2012; 43:43-49.
30. Patel BK, Jain SA, Jagtap MS, Patel KP, Patel DH. Study of presence of available potassium in soil of Lunawada Taluka territory. Arche ApplSci Res 2014; 6:79-84.
31. Böhm I. Disruption of the cytoskeleton after apoptosis induction by autoantibodies. Autoimmunity 2003; 36:183–189.
32. Susin S, Daugas E, Ravagnan L, Samejima K, Zamzami N, Loeffler M, et al. Two distinct pathways leading to nuclear apoptosis. J Exp Med 2000; 192:571–580.
33. Kihlmark M, Imreh G, Hallberg E. Sequential degradation of proteins from the nuclear envelope during apoptosis. J Cell Sci 2001; 114:3643–3653.
34. Mattson MP, Chan SL. Calcium orchestrates apoptosis. Nat Cell Biol 2003; 5:1041–1043.
35. Zhou Z, Wang C, Liu H, Huang Q, Wang M, Lei Y. Cadmium induced cell apoptosis, DNA damage, decreased DNA repair capacity, and genomic instability during malignant transformation of human bronchial epithelial cells. Int J Med Sci 2013; 10:1485-1496.
36. Naovarat T, Chinnawat T, Watcharaporn DA. Protective role of curcumin on cadmium-induced nephrotoxicity in rats. J Environ Chem Ecotoxicol 2011; 3:17-24.
37. Dzobo K, Naik YS. Effect of selenium on cadmium-induced oxidative stress and esterase activity in rat organs. S Afr J Sci 2013; 109:1-8.
38. Jurczuk M, Brzóska MM, Moniuszko-Jakoniuk J, Gäazyn-Sidorczuk M, Kulikowska-Karpinska E. Antioxidant enzymes activity and lipid peroxidation in liver and kidney of rats exposed to cadmium and ethanol. Food Chem Toxicol 2004; 42:429–438.
39. Johnston DE. Special considerations in interpreting liver function tests. Am Fam Physician 1999; 59:2223–2230.
40. McClatchey KD. Clinical laboratory medicine. 2nd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; p.288.
41. Xu S, Pi H, Chen Y, Zhang N, Guo P, Lu Y, et al. Cadmium induced Drp1-dependent mitochondrial fragmentation by disturbing calcium homeostasis in its hepatotoxicity. Cell Death Dis 2013; 4:e540.
42. Berntssen MH, Waagbø R, Toften H, Lundebye AK. Effects of dietary cadmium on calcium homeostasis, Ca mobilization and bone deformities in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) parr. Aquaculture Nutr 2003; 9:175–183.
43. Long GJ. Cadmium perturbs calcium homeostasis in rat osteosarcoma (ros 17/2.8) cells; a possible role for protein kinase c. Toxicol Lett 1997; 91:91–97.
44. Schoenmakers TJ, KlarenPH, Flik G, Lock RA, Pang PK, Bonga SE. Actions of cadmium on basolateral plasma membrane proteins involved in calcium uptake by fish intestine. J Membr Biol 1992; 127:161-172.