1. Tang H, Zhao HT, Zhong SM, Wang ZY, Chen ZF, Liang H. Novel oxoisoaporphine-based inhibitors of acetyl- and butyrylcholinesterase and acetylcholinesterase-induced beta-amyloid aggregation. Bioorg Med Chem 2012; 22: 2257–2261.
2. Querfurth HW, La Ferla FM. Mechanism of disease Alzheimer'disease. N Engl J Med 2010; 362:329–344.
3. Tumiatti V, Minarini A, Bolognesi ML, Milelli A, Rosini M, Melchiorre C. Tacrine derivatives and alzheimer's disease. Curr Med Chem 2010; 17:1825–1838.
4. Scarpini E, Scheltens P, Feldman H. Treatment of Alzheimer's disease: current status and new perspectives. Lancet Neurol 2003; 2:539–547.
5. Pepeu G, Giovannini MG. Cholinesterase inhibitors and beyond. Curr Alzheimer Res 2009; 6:86–96.
6. Mohammadi-Farani A, Abdi N, Moradi AR, Aliabadi AR. 2-(2-(4-Benzoylpiperazin-1-yl) ethyl)isoindoline-1,3-dione derivatives: Synthesis, docking and acetylcholinesterase inhibitory evaluation as anti-alzheimer agents. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2017; 20:59–66.
7. Giacobini E. Cholinesterase inhibitors: new roles and therapeutic alternatives. Pharmacol Res 2004; 50:433–440.
8. (a) McGeer EG, McGeer PL. Clinically tested drugs for Alzheimer's disease. Expert Opin Investig Drugs 2003; 12:1143. (b) Osborn GG, Saunders AV. Current treatments for patients with Alzheimer disease. J Am Osteopath Assoc 2010; 110:16–26.
9. Sussman JL, Harel M, Frolow F, Oefner C, Goldman A, Toker L, Silman I. Atomic structure of acetylcholinesterase from Torpedo californica: a prototypic acetylcholine-binding protein. Science 1991; 253:872–879.
10. Chen Y, Sun J, Fang L, Liu M, Peng S, Liao H, et al. Tacrine–ferulic acid–nitric oxide (NO) donor trihybrids as potent, multifunctional acetyl-and butyrylcholinesterase inhibitors. J Med Chem 2012; 55:4309–4321.
11. Shanks M, Kivipelto M, Bullock R, Lane R. Cholinesterase inhibition: is there evidence for disease-modifying effects? Curr Med Res Opin 2009; 25:2439–2446.
12. Lee SJ, Lee US, Kim WJ, Moon SK. Inhibitory effect of esculetin on migration, invasion and matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in TNF-α-induced vascular smooth muscle cells. Mol Med Rep 2011; 4:337.
13. Huang XY, Shan ZJ, Zhai HL, Su L, Zhang XY. Study on the anticancer activity of coumarin derivatives by molecular modeling. Chem Biol Drug Des 2011; 78:651.
14. Kostova I, Bhatia S, Grigorov P, Balkansky S, Parmar VS, Prasad AK, Saso L. Coumarins as antioxidants. Curr Med Chem 2001; 18:3929.
15. Piazzi L, Cavalli A, Colizzi F, Belluti F, Bartolini M, Mancini F, et al. Multi-target-directed coumarin derivatives: hAChE and BACE1 inhibitors as potential anti-Alzheimer compounds. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2008; 18:423.
16. (a) Schalk I, Ehret-Sabatier L, Le Feuvre Y, Bon S, Massoulie J, Goeldner M. 6-Coumarin diazonium salt: a specific affinity label of the Torpedo acetylcholinesterase peripheral site. Mol Pharmcol 1995; 48:1063. (b) Radic´ Z, Taylor P. The influence of peripheral site ligands on the reaction of symmetric and chiral organophosphates with wildtype and mutant acetylcholinesterases. Chem Biol Interact 1999; 119–120:111. (c) Radic´ Z, Taylor P. Peripheral site ligands accelerate inhibition of acetylcholinesterase by neutral organophosphates. J Appl Toxicol 2001; 21:S13. (d) Fallarero A, Oinonen P, Gupta S, Blom P, Galkin A, Mohan CG, Vuorela PM. Inhibition of acetylcholinesterase by coumarins: The case of coumarin 106. Pharmacol Res 2008; 58:215.
17. Kontogiorgis CA, Xu Y, Hadjipavlou-Litina D, Luo Y. Coumarin derivatives protection against ROS production in cellular models of Aβ toxicities. Free Radic Res 2007; 41:1168.
18. Huang L, Su T, Shan W, Luo Z, Sun Y, He F, Li X. Inhibition of cholinesterase activity and amyloid aggregation by berberine-phenyl-benzoheterocyclic and tacrine-phenyl-benzoheterocyclic hybrids. Bioorg Med Chem 2012; 20:3038–3048.
19. Fernandez-Bachiller MI, Villarroya M, Perez C, Garcı AG, Gonzalez-Munoz G C, Rodrıguez-Franco MI, Conde S, Lopez M G. Novel tacrine-8-hydroxyquinoline hybrids as multifunctional agents for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, with neuroprotective, cholinergic, antioxidant, and copper complexing properties. J Med Chem 2010; 53:4927–4937.
20. (a) Alipour M, Khoobi M, moradi M, Nadri H, Homayouni Moghadam F, Emami S, et al. Synthesis and anti-cholinesterase activity of new 7-hydroxycoumarin derivatives. Eur J Med Chem 2014; 82:536–544. (b) Ghanei-Nasab S, Khoobi M, Hadizadeh F, Marjani A, Moradi A, Nadri H, et al. Synthesis and anticholinesterase activity of coumarin-3-carboxamides bearing tryptamine moiety. Eur J Med Chem 2016; 121:40–46. (c) Asadipour A, Alipour M, Jafari M, Khoobi M, Emami S, Nadri H, et al. Novel coumarin-3-carboxamides bearing N-benzylpiperidine moiety as potent acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem 2013; 70:623–630. (d) Razavi SF, Khoobi M, Nadri H, Sakhteman A, Moradi A, Emami S, et al. Synthesis and evaluation of 4-substituted coumarins as novel acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem 2013; 64:252–259. (e) Alipour M, Khoobi M, Foroumadi, Nadri H, Moradi A, Sakhteman A, et al. Novel coumarin derivatives bearing N-benzyl pyridinium moiety: Potent and dual binding site acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem 2012; 20: 7214–7222.
21. Trott O, Olson A. J autoDock vina: improving the speed and accuracy of docking with a new scoring function, efficient optimization, and multithreading. J Comput Chem 2010; 31:455–461.
22. Sanner MF. Python: a programming language for software integration and development. J Mol Graph Model 1999; 17:57–61.
23. O'Boyle NM, Banck M, James CA, Morley C, Vandermeersch T, Hutchison GR. Open Babel: An open chemical toolbox. J Cheminform 2011; 3:33.
24. Pettersen EF, Goddard TD, Huang CC, Couch GS, Greenblatt DM, Meng EC. UCSF Chimera-a visualization system for exploratory research and analysis. J Comput Chem 2004; 25:1605–1612.
25. Ellman GL, Courtney KD, Andres V, Featherstone RM. A new and rapid colorimetric determination of acetylcholinesterase activity. Biochem Pharmacol 1961; 7:88–95.
26. Xie SS, Wang XB, Li JY, Yang L, Kong LY. Design, synthesis and evaluation of novel tacrine–coumarin hybrids as multifunctional cholinesterase inhibitors against Alzheimer's disease. Eur J Med Chem 2013; 64:540–553.
27. Rajesh H, Vekariya HD. Patel recent advances in the synthesis of coumarin derivatives via knoevenagel condensation: a review. Synth Commun 2014; 0:1–33.
28. Kathuria A, Priya N, Chand K, Singh P, Gupta A, Jalal S, et al. Substrate specificity of acetoxy derivatives of coumarins and quinolones towards Calreticulin mediated transacetylation: Investigations on antiplatelet function. Bioorg Med Chem 2012; 20:1624–1638.