1. Moy SS, Nadler JJ, Magnuson TR, Crawley JN. Mouse models of autism spectrum disorders: the challenge for behavioral genetics. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 2006; 142c:40-51.
2. Malkova NV, Yu CZ, Hsiao EY, Moore MJ, Patterson PH. Maternal immune activation yields offspring displaying mouse versions of the three core symptoms of autism. Brain Behav Immun 2012; 26:607-616.
3. Wink LK, Plawecki MH, Erickson CA, Stigler KA, Mcdougle CJ. Emerging drugs for the treatment of symptoms associated with autism spectrum disorders. Exp Opin Emerg Drugs 2010; 15:481-494.
4. Pardo CA, Vargas DL, Zimmerman AW. Immunity, neuroglia and neuroinflammation in autism. Int Rev Psychiatry 2006; 17:485-495.
5. Li X, Chauhn AA, Shiekh AAM, Patil AS, Chauhn BV, Li XM, et al. Elevated immune response in the brain of autistic patients. J Neuroimmunol 2009; 207:111-116.
6. Medzhitov R. Medzhitov R. Toll-like receptors and innate immunity. Nat Rev Immunol Nat Rev Immunol 2001; 1:135-145.
7. Lucas K, Maes M. Role of the toll like Receptor (TLR) radical cycle in chronic inflammation: possible treatments targeting the TLR4 pathway. Mol Neurobiol 2013; 48:190-204.
8. Rice TW, Wheeler AP, Bernard GR, Vincent JL, Angus DC, Aikawa N, et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of TAK-242 for the treatment of severe sepsis. Crit Care Med 2010; 38:1685-1694.
9. Kawamoto T, Ii M, Kitazaki T, Iizawa Y, Kimura H. TAK-242 selectively suppresses Toll-like receptor 4-signaling mediated by the intracellular domain. Eur J Pharmacol 2008; 584:40-48.
10. Xuan ICY. The maternal immune activation mouse model of autism spectrum disorders. Master 2013; 4:e400.
11. Goines PE, Croen LA, Braunschweig D, Yoshida CK, Grether J, Hansen R, et al. Increased midgestational IFN-γ, IL-4 and IL-5 in women bearing a child with autism: A case-control study. Mol Autism 2011; 2:13.
12. Brodkin ES, Hagemann A, Nemetski SM, Silver LM. Social approach-avoidance behavior of inbred mouse strains towards DBA/2 mice. Brain Res 2004; 1002:151–157.
13. Ferretti CJ, Hollander E. The role of inflammation in Autism Spectrum Disorder. Immunol Psychiatry 2015; 275-312.
14. Aderem A, Ulevitch RJ. Toll-like receptors in the induction of the innate immune response. Nature 2000; 406:782-787.
15. Sato A, Mizuguchi M, Ikeda K. Social interaction test: a sensitive method for examining autism-related behavioral deficits. Protocol Exchange 2013.
16. de Oliveira WH, Ak DSN, de França ME, Dos Santos LA, Lós DB, Santos Rocha SW, et al. Effects of metformin on inflammation and short-term memory in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice. Brain Res 2016; 1644:149-160.
17. Park T, Chen H, Kevala K, Lee JW, Kim HY. N-Docosahexaenoylethanolamine ameliorates LPS-induced neuroinflammation via cAMP/PKA-dependent signaling. J Neuroinflammation 2016; 13:284.
18. Norden DM, Trojanowski PJ, Villanueva E, Navarro E, Godbout JP. Sequential activation of microglia and astrocyte cytokine expression precedes increased iba-1 or GFAP immunoreactivity following systemic immune challenge. Glia 2015; 64:300-316.