1. Wyndaele M, Wyndaele JJ. Incidence, prevalence and epidemiology of spinal cord injury: what learns a worldwide literature survey? Spinal Cord 2006; 44:523-529.
2. Karatas Y, Cengiz SL, Esen H, Toker A, Savas C. Effect of Carvedilol on Secondary Damage in Experimental Spinal Cord Injury in Rats. Turk Neurosurg 2015; 25:930-935.
3. Impellizzeri D, Ahmad A, Di Paola R, Campolo M, Navarra M, Esposito E, et al. Role of Toll like receptor 4 signaling pathway in the secondary damage induced by experimental spinal cord injury. Immunobiology 2015; 220:1039-1049.
4. Wang ZY, Lin JH, Muharram A, Liu WG. Beclin-1-mediated autophagy protects spinal cord neurons against mechanical injury-induced apoptosis. Apoptosis 2014; 19:933-945.
5. Tang P, Hou H, Zhang L, Lan X, Mao Z, Liu D, et al. Autophagy reduces neuronal damage and promotes locomotor recovery via inhibition of apoptosis after spinal cord injury in rats. Mol Neurobiol 2014; 49:276-287.
6. Lee IH, Cao L, Mostoslavsky R, Lombard DB, Liu J, Bruns NE, et al. A role for the NAD-dependent deacetylase Sirt1 in the regulation of autophagy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2008; 105:3374-3379.
7. Canto C, Jiang LQ, Deshmukh AS, Mataki C, Coste A, Lagouge M, et al. Interdependence of AMPK and SIRT1 for metabolic adaptation to fasting and exercise in skeletal muscle. Cell Metab 2010; 11:213-219.
8. Kume S, Koya D. Autophagy: A Novel Therapeutic Target for Diabetic Nephropathy. Diabetes Metab J 2015; 39:451-460.
9. Song YM, Lee YH, Kim JW, Ham DS, Kang ES, Cha BS, et al. Metformin alleviates hepatosteatosis by restoring SIRT1-mediated autophagy induction via an AMP-activated protein kinase-independent pathway. Autophagy 2015; 11:46-59.
10. Talero E, Alcaide A, Avila-Roman J, Garcia-Maurino S, Vendramini-Costa D, Motilva V. Expression patterns of sirtuin 1-AMPK-autophagy pathway in chronic colitis and inflammation-associated colon neoplasia in IL-10-deficient mice. Int Immunopharmacol 2016; 35:248-256.
11. Sciarretta S, Hariharan N, Monden Y, Zablocki D, Sadoshima J. Is autophagy in response to ischemia and reperfusion protective or detrimental for the heart? Pediatr Cardiol 2011; 32:275-281.
12. Wu Y, Li X, Zhu JX, Xie W, Le W, Fan Z, et al. Resveratrol-activated AMPK/SIRT1/autophagy in cellular models of Parkinson's disease. Neurosignals 2011; 19:163-174.
13. Park SY, Lee HR, Lee WS, Shin HK, Kim HY, Hong KW, et al. Cilostazol Modulates Autophagic Degradation of beta-Amyloid Peptide via SIRT1-Coupled LKB1/AMPKalpha Signaling in Neuronal Cells. PLoS One 2016; 11:e0160620.
14. Liu J, Yi L, Xiang Z, Zhong J, Zhang H, Sun T. Resveratrol attenuates spinal cord injury-induced inflammatory damage in rat lungs. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2015; 8:1237-1246.
15. Zhang D, Xuan J, Zheng BB, Zhou YL, Lin Y, Wu YS, et al. Metformin Improves Functional Recovery After Spinal Cord Injury via Autophagy Flux Stimulation. Mol Neurobiol 2016.
16. Zhou Y, Zheng B, Ye L, Zhang H, Zhu S, Zheng X, et al. Retinoic Acid Prevents Disruption of Blood-Spinal Cord Barrier by Inducing Autophagic Flux After Spinal Cord Injury. Neurochem Res 2016; 41:813-825.
17. Que H, Liu Y, Jia Y, Liu S. Establishment and assessment of a simple and easily reproducible incision model of spinal cord neuron cells in vitro. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 2011; 47:558-564.
18. Guo Y, Liu S, Zhang X, Wang L, Gao J, Han A, et al. G-CSF promotes autophagy and reduces neural tissue damage after spinal cord injury in mice. Lab Invest 2015; 95:1439-1449.
19. Wang H, Wang Y, Li D, Liu Z, Zhao Z, Han D, et al. VEGF inhibits the inflammation in spinal cord injury through activation of autophagy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2015; 464:453-458.
20. Kanno H, Ozawa H, Sekiguchi A, Itoi E. Spinal cord injury induces upregulation of Beclin 1 and promotes autophagic cell death. Neurobiol Dis 2009; 33:143-148.
21. Zhang HY, Wang ZG, Wu FZ, Kong XX, Yang J, Lin BB, et al. Regulation of autophagy and ubiquitinated protein accumulation by bFGF promotes functional recovery and neural protection in a rat model of spinal cord injury. Mol Neurobiol 2013; 48:452-464.
22. Sarkar C, Zhao Z, Aungst S, Sabirzhanov B, Faden AI, Lipinski MM. Impaired autophagy flux is associated with neuronal cell death after traumatic brain injury. Autophagy 2014; 10:2208-2222.
23. Liu S, Sarkar C, Dinizo M, Faden AI, Koh EY, Lipinski MM, et al. Disrupted autophagy after spinal cord injury is associated with ER stress and neuronal cell death. Cell Death Dis 2015; 6:e1582.
24. Kabeya Y, Mizushima N, Ueno T, Yamamoto A, Kirisako T, Noda T, et al. LC3, a mammalian homologue of yeast Apg8p, is localized in autophagosome membranes after processing. EMBO J 2000; 19:5720-5728.
25. Wong SY, Tang BL. SIRT1 as a therapeutic target for Alzheimer's disease. Rev Neurosci 2016; 27:813-825.
26. Jeong JK, Moon MH, Lee YJ, Seol JW, Park SY. Autophagy induced by the class III histone deacetylase Sirt1 prevents prion peptide neurotoxicity. Neurobiol Aging 2013; 34:146-156.
27. Maiese K. Targeting molecules to medicine with mTOR, autophagy and neurodegenerative disorders. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2016; 82:1245-1266.
28. Cunha-Santos J, Duarte-Neves J, Carmona V, Guarente L, Pereira de Almeida L, Cavadas C. Caloric restriction blocks neuropathology and motor deficits in Machado-Joseph disease mouse models through SIRT1 pathway. Nat Commun 2016; 7:11445.
29. Guo H, Chen Y, Liao L, Wu W. Resveratrol protects HUVECs from oxidized-LDL induced oxidative damage by autophagy upregulation via the AMPK/SIRT1 pathway. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 2013; 27:189-198.
30. Wang XH, Zhu L, Hong X, Wang YT, Wang F, Bao JP, et al. Resveratrol attenuated TNF-alpha-induced MMP-3 expression in human nucleus pulposus cells by activating autophagy via AMPK/SIRT1 signaling pathway. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 2016; 241:848-853.
31. Gammoh N, Lam D, Puente C, Ganley I, Marks PA, Jiang X. Role of autophagy in histone deacetylase inhibitor-induced apoptotic and nonapoptotic cell death. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2012; 109:6561-6565.
32. Aparicio IM, Espino J, Bejarano I, Gallardo-Soler A, Campo ML, Salido GM, et al. Autophagy-related proteins are functionally active in human spermatozoa and may be involved in the regulation of cell survival and motility. Sci Rep 2016; 6:33647.
33. Wu HJ, Pu JL, Krafft PR, Zhang JM, Chen S. The molecular mechanisms between autophagy and apoptosis: potential role in central nervous system disorders. Cell Mol Neurobiol 2015; 35:85-99.
34. Jin X, Chen M, Yi L, Chang H, Zhang T, Wang L, et al. Delphinidin-3-glucoside protects human umbilical vein endothelial cells against oxidized low-density lipoprotein-induced injury by autophagy upregulation via the AMPK/SIRT1 signaling pathway. Mol Nutr Food Res 2014; 58:1941-1951.