1. Veronica G, Esther RR. Aging, metabolic syndrome and the heart. Aging Dis 2012; 3:269-279.
2. An W, Yang J. Protective effects of Ping-Lv-Mixture (PLM), a medicinal formula on arrhythmias induced by myocardial ischemia-reperfusion. J Ethnopharmacol 2006; 108:90-95.
3. Wu L, Qiao H, Li Y, Li L. Cardioprotective effects of the combined use of puerarin and Danshensu on acute ischemic myocardial injury in rats. Phytother Res 2007; 21:751-756.
4. Hasani-Ranjbar S, Nayebi N, Larijani B, Abdollahi M. A systematic review of the efficacy and safety of herbal medicines used in the treatment of obesity. World J Gastroenterol 2009; 15:3073-3085.
5. Gu M, Fan S, Liu G, Guo L, Ding X, Lu Y, et al. Extract of wax gourd peel prevents high-fat diet-induced hyperlipidemia in C57BL/6 mice via the inhibition of the PPARgamma pathway. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013; 2013:342561.
6. Nammi S, Kim MS, Gavande NS, Li GQ, Roufogalis BD. Regulation of low-density lipoprotein receptor and 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase expression by Zingiber officinale in the liver of high-fat diet-fed rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2010; 106:389-395.
7. Tsi D, Tan BK. The mechanism underlying the hypocholesterolaemic activity of aqueous celery extract, its butanol and aqueous fractions in genetically hypercholesterolaemic RICO rats. Life Sci 2000; 66:755-767.
8. Brookheart RT, Michel CI, Listenberger LL, Ory DS, Schaffer JE. The non-coding RNA gadd7 is a regulator of lipid-induced oxidative and endoplasmic reticulum stress. J Biol Chem 2009; 284:7446-7454.
9. Zingg JM, Hasan ST, Meydani M. Molecular mechanisms of hypolipidemic effects of curcumin. Biofactors 2013; 39:101-121.
10. Gao Y, Chu S, Shao Q, Zhang M, Xia C, Wang Y, et al. Antioxidant activities of ginsenoside Rg1 against cisplatin-induced hepatic injury through Nrf2 signaling pathway in mice. Free Radic Res 2017; 51:1-13.
11. Yang Q, Wang F, Rao J. Effect of putrescine treatment on chilling injury, fatty acid composition and antioxidant system in kiwifruit. PLoS One 2016; 11:e0162159.
12. Petersen KS, Lopez V, Casedas G, Smith C. Grape seed-derived antioxidant beneficially modulates ageing-related cellular inflammatory processes. Planta Med 2016; 81:S1-S381.
13. Rush EC, Patel M, Plank LD, Ferguson LR. Kiwifruit promotes laxation in the elderly. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 2002; 11:164-168.
14. Fiorentino A, D'Abrosca B, Pacifico S, Mastellone C, Scognamiglio M, Monaco P. Identification and assessment of antioxidant capacity of phytochemicals from kiwi fruits. J Agric Food Chem 2009; 57:4148-4155.
15. Collins AR, Harrington V, Drew J, Melvin R. Nutritional modulation of DNA repair in a human intervention study. Carcinogenesis 2003; 24:511-515.
16. Liu J, Zhang Z, Xing G, Hu H, Sugiura N, Keo I. Potential antioxidant and antiproliferative activities of a hot-water extract from the root of Tonh khidum. Oncol Lett 2010; 1:383-387.
17. Zuo LL, Wang ZY, Fan ZL, Tian SQ, Liu JR. Evaluation of antioxidant and antiproliferative properties of three actinidia (Actinidia kolomikta, Actinidia arguta, Actinidia chinensis) extracts in vitro. Int J Mol Sci 2012; 13:5506-5518.
18. Guan D, Zhang Z, Yang Y, Sugiura N, Hu H, Xing G, et al. Antioxidant and antitumor activities of water extracts from the root of Actinidia kolomikta. Exp Ther Med 2011; 2:33-39.
19. Zhao XZ, Li XW, Jin YR, Yu XF, Qu SC, Sui DY. Hypolipidemic effects of kaempferide-7-O-(4''-O-acetylrhamnosyl)-3-O-rutinoside in hyperlipidemic rats induced by a high-fat diet. Mol Med Rep 2012; 5:837-841.
20. Xu C, Haiyan Z, Hua Z, Jianhong Z, Pin D. Effect of Curcuma kwangsiensis polysaccharides on blood lipid profiles and oxidative stress in high-fat rats. Int J Biol Macromol 2009; 44:138-142.
21. Erukainure OL, Ajiboye JA, Adejobi RO, Okafor OY, Kosoko SB, Owolabi FO. Effect of pineapple peel extract on total phospholipids and lipid peroxidation in brain tissues of rats. Asian Pac J Trop Med 2011; 4:182-184.
22. Folch J, Lees M, Sloane Stanley GH. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipides from animal tissues. J Biol Chem 1957; 226:497-509.
23. Visavadiya NP, Narasimhacharya AV. Ameliorative effects of herbal combinations in hyperlipidemia. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2011; 2011:160408.
24. Balamurugan G, Shantha A. Effect of Erythrina variegata seed extract on hyperlipidemia elicited by high-fat diet in wistar rats. J Pharm Bioallied Sci 2010; 2:350-355.
25. McBride P. Triglycerides and risk for coronary artery disease. Curr Atheroscler Rep 2008; 10:386-390.
26. Tarride JE, Lim M, DesMeules M, Luo W, Burke N, O'Reilly D, et al. A review of the cost of cardiovascular disease. Can J Cardiol 2009; 25:e195-202.
27. You JS, Lee YJ, Kim KS, Kim SH, Chang KJ. Anti-obesity and hypolipidaemic effects of Nelumbo nucifera seed ethanol extract in human pre-adipocytes and rats fed a high-fat diet. J Sci Food Agric 2014; 94:568-575.
28. Huang HC, Lin JK. Pu-erh tea, green tea, and black tea suppresses hyperlipidemia, hyperleptinemia and fatty acid synthase through activating AMPK in rats fed a high-fructose diet. Food Funct 2012; 3:170-177.
29. Peng CH, Chyau CC, Chan KC, Chan TH, Wang CJ, Huang CN. Hibiscus sabdariffa polyphenolic extract inhibits hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, and glycation-oxidative stress while improving insulin resistance. J Agric Food Chem 2011; 59:9901-9909.
30. Bedard K, Krause KH. The NOX family of ROS-generating NADPH oxidases: physiology and pathophysiology. Physiol Rev 2007; 87:245-313.
31. Firuzi O, Spadaro A, Spadaro C, Riccieri V, Petrucci R, Marrosu G, et al. Protein oxidation markers in the serum and synovial fluid of psoriatic arthritis patients. J Clin Lab Anal 2008; 22:210-215.
32. Harrison D, Griendling KK, Landmesser U, Hornig B, Drexler H. Role of oxidative stress in atherosclerosis. Am J Cardiol 2003; 91:7A-11A.
33. Bagri P, Ali M, Aeri V, Bhowmik M, Sultana S. Antidiabetic effect of Punica granatum flowers: effect on hyperlipidemia, pancreatic cells lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes in experimental diabetes. Food Chem Toxicol 2009; 47:50-54.