1. Zhang S, Gelain F, Zhao X, editors. Designer self-assembling peptide nanofiber scaffolds for 3D tissue cell cultures. Seminars in cancer biology, Elsevier; 2005.
2. Holmes TC, de Lacalle S, Su X, Liu G, Rich A, Zhang S. Extensive neurite outgrowth and active synapse formation on self-assembling peptide scaffolds. Proc Natl Acad Sci 2000; 97:6728-6733.
3. Zhan X, Gao M, Jiang Y, Zhang W, Wong WM, Yuan Q, et al. Nanofiber scaffolds facilitate functional regeneration of peripheral nerve injury. Nanomed Nanotechnol Biol Med 2013; 9:305-315.
4. Zhang S, Ellis-Behnke R, Zhao X, Spirio L. PuraMatrix: self-assembling peptide nanofiber scaffolds. In: Elisseeff PX, Ma J, editors. Scaffolding in Tissue Engineering. Boca Raton (FL): CRC; 2005. pp. 217–238.
5. Gelain F, Bottai D, Vescovi A, Zhang S. Designer self-assembling peptide nanofiber scaffolds for adult mouse neural stem cell 3-dimensional cultures. PloS One 2006; 1:e119.
6. Horii A, Wang X, Gelain F, Zhang S. Biological designer self-assembling peptide nanofiber scaffolds significantly enhance osteoblast proliferation, differentiation and 3-D migration. PloS One 2007; 2:e190.
7. Wang X, Horii A, Zhang S. Designer functionalized self-assembling peptide nanofiber scaffolds for growth, migration, and tubulogenesis of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Soft Matter 2008; 4:2388-2395.
8. Kumada Y, Zhang S. Significant type I and type III collagen production from human periodontal ligament fibroblasts in 3D peptide scaffolds without extra growth factors. PLoS One 2010; 5:e10305.
9. Moradi F, Bahktiari M, Joghataei MT, Nobakht M, Soleimani M, Hasanzadeh G, et al. BD PuraMatrix peptide hydrogel as a culture system for human fetal Schwann cells in spinal cord regeneration. J Neurosci Res 2012; 90:2335-2348.
10. Thonhoff JR, Lou DI, Jordan PM, Zhao X, Wu P. Compatibility of human fetal neural stem cells with hydrogel biomaterials in vitro. Brain Res 2008; 1187:42-51.
11. Cavalcanti BN, Zeitlin BD, Nör JE. A hydrogel scaffold that maintains viability and supports differentiation of dental pulp stem cells. Dent Mater 2013; 29:97-102.
12. Mi K, Wang G, Liu Z, Feng Z, Huang B, Zhao X. Influence of a self‐assembling peptide, RADA16, compared with collagen I and matrigel on the malignant phenotype of human breast‐cancer cells in 3D cultures and in vivo. Macromol Biosci 2009; 9:437-443.
13. Cheng TY, Chen MH, Chang WH, Huang MY, Wang TW. Neural stem cells encapsulated in a functionalized self-assembling peptide hydrogel for brain tissue engineering. Biomaterials 2013; 34:2005-2016.
14. Dolecek TA, Dressler EVM, Thakkar JP, Liu M, Al‐Qaisi A, Villano JL. Epidemiology of meningiomas post‐Public Law 107‐206: The Benign Brain Tumor Cancer Registries Amendment Act. Cancer 2015; 121:2400-2410.
15. Mawrin C, Kalamarides M. Meningiomas. Molecular Pathology of Nervous System Tumors. Springer; 2015.p.225-238.
16. Tang H, Gong Y, Mao Y, Xie Q, Zheng M, Wang D, et al. Cd133-positive cells might be responsible for efficient proliferation of human meningioma cells. Int J Mol Sci 2012; 13:6424-6439.
17. Hueng DY, Sytwu HK, Huang SM, Chang C, Ma HI. Isolation and characterization of tumor stem-like cells from human meningiomas. J Neuro-oncol 2011; 104:45-53.
18. Aligholi H, Rezayat SM, Azari H, Mehr SE, Akbari M, Mousavi SMM, et al. Preparing neural stem/progenitor cells in PuraMatrix hydrogel for transplantation after brain injury in rats: A comparative methodological study. Brain Res 2016; 1642:197-208.
19. Puduvalli VK, Li JT, Chen L, McCutcheon IE. Induction of apoptosis in primary meningioma cultures by fenretinide. Cancer Res 2005; 65:1547-1553.
20. Hsu DW, Efird JT, Hedley-Whyte ET. Progesterone and estrogen receptors in meningiomas: prognostic considerations. J Neurosurg 1997; 86:113-120.
21. Sugawara Ki, Kurihara H, Negishi M, Saito N, Nakazato Y, Sasaki T, et al. Nestin as a marker for proliferative endothelium in gliomas. Lab Invest 2002; 82:345-351.
22. Arai H, Ikota H, Sugawara Ki, Nobusawa S, Hirato J, Nakazato Y. Nestin expression in brain tumors: its utility for pathological diagnosis and correlation with the prognosis of high-grade gliomas. Brain Tumor Pathol 2012; 29:160-167.
23. Bonnin JM, Rubinstein LJ. Immunohistochemistry of central nervous system tumors: Its contributions to neurosurgical diagnosis. J Neurosurg 1984; 60:1121-1133.
24. Budka H. Non-glial specificities of immunocyto-chemistry for the glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP). Acta Neuropathol 1986; 72:43-54.
25.Wanschitz J, Schmidbauer M, Maier H, Rössler K, Vorkapic P, Budka H. Suprasellar meningioma with expression of glial fibrillary acidic protein: a peculiar variant. Acta Neuropathol 1995; 90:539-544.
26. Su M, Ono K, Tanaka R, Takahashi H. An unusual meningioma variant with glial fibrillary acidic protein expression. Acta Neuropathol 1997; 94:499-503.
27. Li J, Hu W, Zhang Z, Wei D. Clinical and pathological studies of meningioma-glioma mixed tumor. Surg Sci 2011; 2:140.
28. Mao XG, Zhang X, Xue XY, Guo G, Wang P, Zhang W, et al. Brain tumor stem-like cells identified by neural stem cell marker CD15. Transl Oncol 2009; 2:247-257.
29. Iwasaki M, Wilcox JT, Nishimura Y, Zweckberger K, Suzuki H, Wang J, et al. Synergistic effects of self-assembling peptide and neural stem/progenitor cells to promote tissue repair and forelimb functional recovery in cervical spinal cord injury. Biomaterials 2014; 35:2617-2629.
30. Semino CE, Kasahara J, Hayashi Y, Zhang S. Entrapment of migrating hippocampal neural cells in three-dimensional peptide nanofiber scaffold. Tissue Engin 2004; 10:643-655.
31. Tang C, Shao X, Sun B, Huang W, Zhao X. The effect of self-assembling peptide RADA16-I on the growth of human leukemia cells in vitro and in nude mice. Int J Mol Sci 2009; 10:2136-2145.
32. Nava MM, Raimondi MT, Pietrabissa R. Controlling self-renewal and differentiation of stem cells via mechanical cues. Biomed Res Int 2012; 2012:797410.
33. Rabenstein M, Hucklenbroich J, Willuweit A, Ladwig A, Fink GR, Schroeter M, et al. Osteopontin mediates survival, proliferation and migration of neural stem cells through the chemokine receptor CXCR4. Stem Cell Res Ther 2015; 6:99.
34. Jung SY, Kim JM, Min SK, Kim OB, Jang DH, Kang HK, et al. The potential of laminin-2-biomimetic short peptide to promote cell adhesion, spreading and migration by inducing membrane recruitment and phosphorylation of PKCΔ. Biomaterials 2012; 33:3967-3979.
35. Kim JM, Min SK, Kim H, Kang HK, Jung SY, Lee SH, et al. Vacuolar-type H+-ATPase-mediated acidosis promotes in vitro osteoclastogenesis via modulation of cell migration. Int J Mol Med 2007; 19:393-400.
36. Sugatani T, Alvarez U, Hruska KA. PTEN regulates RANKL-and osteopontin-stimulated signal transduction during osteoclast differentiation and cell motility. J Biol Chem 2003; 278:5001-5008.