1. Nikoozad Z, Ghorbanian MT, Rezaei A. Comparison of the liver function and hepatic specific genes expression in cultured mesenchymal stem cells and hepatocytes. Iran J Basic Med Sci 2014; 17:27-33.
2. Dreyfus PA, Chretien F, Chazaud B, Kirova Y, Caramelle P, GarciaL, et al. Adult bone marrow-derived stem cells in muscle connective tissue and satellite cell niches. Am J Pathol 2004; 164:773-779.
3. Williams AR, Hatzistergos KE, Addicott B, McCall F, Carvalho D, Suncion V, et al. Enhanced effect of combining human cardiac stem cells and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells to reduce infarct size and to restore cardiac function after myocardial infarction. Circulation 2013; 127:213-223.
4. Lee JK, Jin HK, Bae JS. Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells reduce brain amyloid-beta deposition and accelerate the activation of microglia in an acutely induced Alzheimer's disease mouse model. Neurosci Lett 2009; 450:136-141.
5. Lee HJ, Lee JK, Lee H, Shin JW, Carter JE, Sakamoto T, et al. The therapeutic potential of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells in Alzheimer's disease. Neurosci Lett 2010; 481:30–35.
6. Lim JY, Jeong CH, Jun JA, Kim SM, Ryu CH, Hou Y, et al. Therapeutic effects of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells after intrathecal administration by lumbar puncture in a rat model of cerebral ischemia. Stem Cell Res Ther 2011; 2:38.
7. Liu AKL. Stem cell therapy for Alzheimer's disease: hype or hope? Biosci Horiz 2013; 6: hzt011.6-15
8. Wu QW, Li J, Feng ZT, Wang TH . Bone marrow stromal cells of transgenic mice can improve the cognitive ability of an Alzheimer's disease rat model. Neurosci Lett 2007; 417: 281-285.
9. Bakhtiary M, Marzban M, Mehdizadeh M, Ghataei MT, Khoei K, Pirhajati Mahabadi M, et al. Comparison of transplantation of bone marrow stromal cells BMSC) and stem cell mobilization by granulocyte colony stimulating factor after traumatic brain injury in rat. Iran Biomed J 2010; 14:142-149.
10. Park D, Joo SS, Kim TK, Lee SH, Kang H ,Lee HJ, et al. Human neural stem cells overexpressing choline acetyltransferase restore cognitive function of kainic acid-induced learning and memory deficit animals. Cell Transplant 2012; 21:365-371.
11. Lee JK, Jin HK, Bae JS. Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells reduce brain amyloid-beta deposition and accelerate the activation of microglia in an acutely induced Alzheimer's disease mouse model. Neurosci Lett 2009; 450:136-141.
12. Padurariu M, Ciobica A, Mavroudis J, Fotiou D, Baloyannis S. 4.Hippocampal neuronal loss in the CA1 and CA3 areas of Alzheimer's disease patients. Psychiatr Danub 2012; 24:152-158.
13. Jones MW, McHugh TJ. Updating hippocampal representations: CA2 joins the circuit. Trends Neurosci 2011; 34:526-535.
14. Simard AR, Soulet D, Gowing G, Julien JP, Rivest S. Bone marrow-derived microglia play a critical role in restricting senile plaque formation in Alzheimer's disease. Neuron 2006; 49:489-502.
15. Shin JY, Park HJ, Kim HN, Oh SH, Bae JS, Ha HJ, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells enhance autophagy and increase β-amyloid clearance in Alzheimer disease models. Autophagy 2014; 10:32-44.