1. Shoji H, Mizoguchi K. Brain region-specific reduction in c-Fos expression associated with an anxiolytic effect of yokukansan in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;149:93-102.
2. McNeal N, Scotti M-AL, Wardwell J, Chandler DL, Bates SL, LaRocca M, et al. Disruption of social bonds induces behavioral and physiological dysregulation in male and female prairie voles. Auton Neurosci. 2014;180:9-16.
3. Li S, Wang C, Wang W, Dong H, Hou P, Tang Y. Chronic mild stress impairs cognition in mice: from brain homeostasis to behavior. Life Sci. 2008;82:934-942.
4. Leite-Panissi CRA, Ferrarese AA, Terzian ALB, Menescal-de-Oliveira L. Serotoninergic activation of the basolateral amygdala and modulation of tonic immobility in guinea pig. Brain Res Bull. 2006;69:356-364.
5. Mesfin M, Asres K, Shibeshi W. Evaluation of anxiolytic activity of the essential oil of the aerial part of Foeniculum vulgare Miller in mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2014;14:310-316.
6. Simoens V, Istók E, Hyttinen S, Hirvonen A, Näätänen R, Tervaniemi M. Psychosocial stress attenuates general sound processing and duration change detection. Psychophysiology. 2007;44:30-38.
7. Petit-Demouliere B, Chenu F, Bourin M. Forced swimming test in mice: a review of antidepressant activity. Psychopharmacology. 2005;177:245-255.
8. Maeng LY, Shors TJ. The stressed female brain: neuronal activity in the prelimbic but not infralimbic region of the medial prefrontal cortex suppresses learning after acute stress. Front Neural Circuits. 2013;7:198.
9. Ongali B, Nicolakakis N, Tong X-K, Aboulkassim T, Papadopoulos P, Rosa-Neto P, et al. Angiotensin II type 1 receptor blocker losartan prevents and rescues cerebrovascular, neuropathological and cognitive deficits in an Alzheimer’s disease model. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;68:126-136.
10. Jennings EM, Okine BN, Roche M, Finn DP. Stress-induced hyperalgesia. Prog Neurobiol. 2014;121:1-18.
11. Afify EA, Khedr MM, Omar AG, Nasser SA. The involvement of KATP channels in morphine‐induced antinociception and hepatic oxidative stress in acute and inflammatory pain in rats. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2013;27:623-631.
12. Kalra J, Chaturvedi A, Kalra S, Chaturvedi H, Dhasmana D. Modulation of pain perception by ramipril and losartan in human volunteers. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2008;52:91-96.
13. Miguez G, Laborda MA, Miller RR. Classical conditioning and pain: Conditioned analgesia and hyperalgesia. Acta Psychol . 2014;145:10-20.
14. Quintero L, Cardenas R, Suarez-Roca H. Stress-induced hyperalgesia is associated with a reduced and delayed GABA inhibitory control that enhances post-synaptic NMDA receptor activation in the spinal cord. PAIN®. 2011;152:1909-1922.
15. Nemoto W, Ogata Y, Nakagawasai O, Yaoita F, Tanado T, Tan-No K. The intrathecal administration of losartan, an AT1 receptor antagonist, produces an antinociceptive effect through the inhibiton of p38 MAPK phosphorylation in the mouse formalin test. Neurosci Lett. 2015;585:17-22.
16. Nemoto W, Nakagawasai O, Yaoita F, Kanno S-I, Yomogida S, Ishikawa M, et al. Angiotensin II produces nociceptive behavior through spinal AT1 receptor-mediated p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in mice. Mol Pain. 2013;9:1.
17. Mohammad-Zadeh M, Azhdari-Zarmehri H, Mosavi F, Haghdoost-Yazdi H, Nazeri M, Shabani M. Modulation of different phases of formalin test by force swim stress. Basic Clin Neurosci. 2014;5:303-307.
18. Aghaei I, Shabani M, Doustar N, Nazeri M, Dehpour A. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ activation attenuates motor and cognition impairments induced by bile duct ligation in a rat model of hepatic cirrhosis. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2014;120:133-139.
19. Parsania S, Shabani M, Moazzami K, Razavinasab M, Larizadeh MH, Nazeri M, et al. Gender difference in motor impairments induced by chronic administration of vinblastine.
Iran J Basic Med Sci. 2014;17:433-440.
20. Razavinasab M, Shamsizadeh A, Shabani M, Nazeri M, Allahtavakoli M, Asadi‐Shekaari M, et al. Pharmacological blockade of TRPV1 receptors modulates the effects of 6‐OHDA on motor and cognitive functions in a rat model of Parkinson’s disease. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2013;27:632-640.
21. Shabani M, Larizadeh MH, Parsania S, Hajali V, Shojaei A. Evaluation of destructive effects of exposure to cisplatin during developmental stage: no profound evidence for sex differences in impaired motor and memory performance. Int J Neurosci. 2012;122:439-448.
22. Nazeri M, Shabani M, Parsania S, Golchin L, Razavinasab M, Abareghi F, et al. Simultaneous impairment of passive avoidance learning and nociception in rats following chronic swim stress. Adv Biomed Res. 2016;5:93.
23. Golchin L, Shabani M, Harandi S, Razavinasab M. Pistachio supplementation attenuates motor and cognition impairments induced by cisplatin or vincristine in rats. Adv Biomed Res . 2015;4:92.
24. Meymandi MS, Sepehri G, Abdolsamadi M, Shaabani M, Heravi G, Yazdanpanah O, et al. The effects of co-administration of pregabalin and vitamin E on neuropathic pain induced by partial sciatic nerve ligation in male rats. Inflammopharmacology. 2017;25:237-246.
25. Shabani M, Nazeri M, Parsania S, Razavinasab M, Zangiabadi N, Esmaeilpour K, et al. Walnut consumption protects rats against cisplatin-induced neurotoxicity. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:1314-1321.
26. Abbassian H, Esmaeili P, Tahamtan M, Aghaei I, Vaziri Z, Sheibani V, et al. Cannabinoid receptor agonism suppresses tremor, cognition disturbances and anxiety-like behaviors in a rat model of essential tremor. Physiol Behav. 2016;164:314-320.
27. Aghaei I, Arjmand S, Yousefzadeh Chabok S, Tondar M, Shabani M. Nitric oxide pathway presumably does not contribute to antianxiety and memory retrieval effects of losartan. Behav Pharmacol. 2017;28:420-427.
28. Workman JL, Fonken LK, Gusfa J, Kassouf KM, Nelson RJ. Post-weaning environmental enrichment alters affective responses and interacts with behavioral testing to alter nNOS immunoreactivity. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2011;100:25-32.
29. López LHL, Caif F, García S, Fraile M, Landa AI, Baiardi G, et al. Anxiolytic-like effect of losartan injected into amygdala of the acutely stressed rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:54-63.
30. Kumar A, Singh B, Mishra J, Sah SP, Pottabathini R. Neuroprotective mechanism of losartan and its interaction with nimesulide against chronic fatigue stress. Inflammopharmacology. 2015;23:291-305.
31. Marinzalda MdlA, Pérez PA, Gargiulo PA, Casarsa BS, Bregonzio C, Baiardi G. Fear-Potentiated behaviour is modulated by central amygdala angiotensin II receptors stimulation. Biomed Res Int. 2014;183248: 1-7.
32. Takeuchi T, Matsunaga K, Sugiyama A. Antidepressant-like effect of milk-derived lactoferrin in the repeated forced-swim stress mouse model. J Vet Med Sci 2017; 10;79:1803-1806.
33. Pechlivanova DM, Stoynev AG, Tchekalarova JD. The effects of chronic losartan pretreatment on restraint stress-induced changes in motor activity, nociception and pentylenetetrazol generalized seizures in rats. Folia med. 2011;53:69-73.
34. Fogari R, Mugellini A, Zoppi A, Derosa G, Pasotti C, Fogari E, et al. Influence of losartan and atenolol on memory function in very elderly hypertensive patients. J Hum Hypertens. 2003;17:781-785.