Peer Review Process
- The Iranian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences (IJBMS) is a peer-reviewed, monthly publication by Mashhad University of Medical Sciences (MUMS), Mashhad, Iran.
- The reviewing and publishing process depends on the quality of the study as well as the English accuracy of the manuscript. A strong, scientifically-approved manuscript may be accepted in three to four months; Otherwise, it might take five to six months.
- The editor-in-chief may reject manuscripts prior to peer review if do not comply with the instructions for authors.
- This journal uses Double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. To facilitate this, authors need to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity. Authors have the right to communicate to the editor if they do not wish their manuscript to be reviewed by a particular reviewer because of potential conflicts of interest. No article is rejected unless negative comments are received from at least two reviewers.
- The editor-in-chief may reject manuscripts prior to peer review based on priority or if they are beyond the scope of the journal.