1. Kuhlmann M, Burkhardt G, Köhler H. Insights into potential cellular mechanisms of cisplatin nephrotoxicity and their clinical application. Nephrolo Dial Transplant 1997; 12:2478-2480.
2. Sastry J and Kellie SJ. Severe neurotoxicity, ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity following high-dose cisplatin and amifostine. Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2005; 22:441-445.
3. Dentino M, Luft FC, Yum MN, Williams SD, Einhorn LH. Long term effect of Cis‐Diamminedichloride platinum (CDDP) on renal function and structure in man. Cancer 1978; 41:1274-1281.
4. Matsushima H, Yonemura K, Ohishi K, Hishida A. The role of oxygen free radicals in cisplatin-induced acute renal failure in rats. J Lab Clin Med 1998; 131:518-526.
5. Hartmann JT, Kollmannsberger C, Kanz L, Bokemeyer C. Platinum organ toxicity and possible prevention in patients with testicular cancer. Int J Cancer 1999; 83:866-869.
6. Luke D, Vadiei K, Lopez-Berestein G. Role of vascular congestion in cisplatin-induced acute renal failure in the rat. Nephrol Dial Transplant 1992; 7:1-7.
7. Zhang B, Ramesh G, Norbury C, Reeves W. Cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity is mediated by tumor necrosis factor-α produced by renal parenchymal cells. Kidney Int 2007; 72:37-44.
8. Meng H, Fu G, Shen J, Shen K, Xu Z, Wang Y, et al. Ameliorative effect of daidzein on cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in mice via modulation of inflammation, oxidative stress, and cell death. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017.
9. Kuhad A, Pilkhwal S, Sharma S, Tirkey N, Chopra K. Effect of curcumin on inflammation and oxidative stress in cisplatin-induced experimental nephrotoxicity. J Agric Food Chem 2007; 55:10150-10155.
10. Kilic U, Kilic E, Tuzcu Z, Tuzcu M, Ozercan IH, Yilmaz O, et al. Melatonin suppresses cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity via activation of Nrf-2/HO-1 pathway. Nutr Metab 2013; 10:7-14.
11. Hosohata K. Role of oxidative stress in drug-induced kidney injury. Int J Mol Sci 2016; 17:1826-1835.
12. Vnukov VV, Gutsenko OI, Milyutina NP, Kornienko IV, Ananyan AA, Plotnikov AA, et al. SkQ1 regulates expression of Nrf2, ARE-controlled genes encoding antioxidant enzymes, and their activity in cerebral cortex under oxidative stress. Biochemistry. 2017; 82:942-952.
13. Farombi EO, Shrotriya S, Na H-K, Kim S-H, Surh Y-J. Curcumin attenuates dimethylnitrosamine-induced liver injury in rats through Nrf2-mediated induction of heme oxygenase-1. Food Chem Toxicol 2008; 46:1279-1287.
14. Manthey JA, Cesar TB, Jackson E, Mertens-Talcott S. Pharmacokinetic study of nobiletin and tangeretin in rat serum by high-performance liquid chromatography− electrospray ionization− mass spectrometry. J Agric Food Chem 2010; 59:145-151.
15. Shu Z, Yang B, Zhao H, Xu B, Jiao W, Wang Q, et al. Tangeretin exerts anti-neuroinflammatory effects via NF-κB modulation in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated microglial cells. Int Immunopharmacol 2014; 19:275-282.
16. Lee YY, Lee E-J, Park J-S, Jang S-E, Kim D-H, Kim H-S. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant mechanism of tangeretin in activated microglia. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 2016; 11:294-305.
17. Wu J, Zhao Y-M and Deng Z-K. Tangeretin ameliorates renal failure via regulating oxidative stress, NF-κB–TNF-α/iNOS signalling and improves memory and cognitive deficits in 5/6 nephrectomized rats. Inflammopharmacology 2018; 26:119-132.
18. Han WK, Wagener G, Zhu Y, Wang S, Lee HT. Urinary biomarkers in the early detection of acute kidney injury after cardiac surgery. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2009; 4:873-882.
19. Luo QH, Chen ML, Sun FJ, Chen ZL, Li MY, Zeng W, et al. KIM-1 and NGAL as biomarkers of nephrotoxicity induced by gentamicin in rats. Mol Cell Biochem 2014; 397:53-60.
20. Malik S, Suchal K, Gamad N, Dinda AK, Arya DS, Bhatia J. Telmisartan ameliorates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by inhibiting MAPK mediated inflammation and apoptosis. Eur J Pharmacol 2015; 748:54-60.
21. Bradford MM. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal Biochem 1976; 72:248-254.
22. Oh GS, Kim HJ, Shen A, Lee SB, Khadka D, Pandit A, et al. Cisplatin-induced kidney dysfunction and perspectives on improving treatment strategies. Electrolytes & Blood Pressure 2014; 12:55-65.
23. Jaiswal AK. Nrf2 signaling in coordinated activation of antioxidant gene expression. Free Radic Biol Med 2004; 36:1199-1207.
24. Tulis DA, Durante W, Peyton KJ, Evans AJ, Schafer AI. Heme oxygenase-1 attenuates vascular remodeling following balloon injury in rat carotid arteries. Atherosclerosis. 2001; 155:113-122.
25. Ateşşahín A, Çeríbaşi AO, Yuce A, Bulmus Ö, Çikim G. Role of ellagic acid against cisplatin‐induced nephrotoxicity and oxidative stress in rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2007; 100:121-126.
26. Pan H, Mukhopadhyay P, Rajesh M, Patel V, Mukhopadhyay B, Gao B, et al. Cannabidiol attenuates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by decreasing oxidative/nitrosative stress, inflammation, and cell death. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2009; 328:708-714.
27. Arab HH, Mohamed WR, Barakat BM, Arafa E-SA. Tangeretin attenuates cisplatin-induced renal injury in rats: Impact on the inflammatory cascade and oxidative perturbations. Chem Biol Interact 2016; 258:205-213.
28. Weijl N, Elsendoorn T, Lentjes E, E G W M, Hopman, G D, et al. Supplementation with antioxidant micronutrients and chemotherapy-induced toxicity in cancer patients treated with cisplatin-based chemotherapy: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Eur J Cancer 2004; 40:1713-1723.
29. Vinken P, Starckx S, Barale-Thomas E, Looszova A, Sonee M, Goeminne N, et al. Tissue Kim-1 and urinary clusterin as early indicators of cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury in rats. Toxicol Pathol 2012; 40:1049-1062.