1. Yu S, Holsboer F, Almeida OF. Neuronal actions of glucocorticoids: focus on depression. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 2008; 108:300-309.
2. Mathers CD, Loncar D. Projections of global mortality and burden of disease from 2002 to 2030. PloS Med 2006; 3:442-446.
3. Mayberg HS, Lozano AM, Voon V, McNeely HE, Seminowicz D, Hamani C, et al. Deep brain stimulation for treatment-resistant depression. Neuron 2005; 45:651-660.
4. He YC, Zhong B. Progress in clinical studies of depression. Int J Lab Med 2013; 34:832-834.
5. Sullivan PF, Neale MC, Kendler KS. Genetic epidemiology of major depression: review and meta-analysis. Am J Psychiatry 2000; 157:1552-1562.
6. Lavretsky H, Lesser IM, Wohl M, Miller BL, Mehringer CM, Vinters HV. Apolipoprotein-E and white-matter hyperintensities in late-life depression. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 2000; 8:257-261.
7. Lavretsky H, Ercoli L, Siddarth P, Bookheimer S, Miller K, Small G. Apolipoprotein epsilon 4 allele status, depressive symptoms, and cognitive decline in middle-aged and elderly persons without dementia. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 2003; 11:667-673.
8. Liu YL, Zhang HM, Pan HM, Bao YH, Xue J, Wang TC, et al. The relationship between apolipoprotein E gene ε2/ε3/ε4 polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Onco Targets Ther 2016; 9:1241-1249.
9. Rigaud AS, Traykov L, Caputo L, Coste J, Latour F, Couderc R, et al. Association of the apolipoprotein E epsilon 4 allele with late-onset depression. Neuroepidemiol 2001; 20:268-272.
10. Wang H, Zhang M. Apolipoprotein E and cerebrovascular disease. Cerebrovasc Dis 2000; 8:139-141.
11. Seet WT, Mary ATJ, Yen TS. Apolipoprotein E genotyping in the malay, chinese and indian ethnic groups in malaysia-a study on the distribution of the different APOE alleles and genotypes. Clin Chim Acta 2004; 340:201-205.
12. Higgins JP, Thompson SG, Deeks JJ, Altman DG. Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses. Br Med J 2003; 327:557-560.
13. Dersimonian R, Laird N. Meta-analysis in clinical trials. Control clin trials 1986; 7:177-188.
14. Egger M, Davey SG, Schneider M, Minder C. Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test. Br Med J 1997; 315: 629-634.
15. Zong XF. Association of apolipoprotein E genetic polymorphisms with geriatric depression. Paper of Suzhou University 2012; 38: 129-135.
16. You JY. Association study of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) haplotype and apolipoprotein E (APOE) gene polymorphism in late-onset depression. Paper of Nanjing Medical College 2009; 4:115-126.
17. Sun B. Serum levels of BDNF and apolipoprotein E genotype among patients with senile depressive and alzheimer’s. Paper of Suzhou University 2010; 13:109-132.
18. Shenxun S, Sanduo J, Dongxiang W. An association of apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms between depression and dementia. Shanghai Arch Psychiatry 2001; 13:196-198.
19. Yuan YG, Ye Q, Chen Y, Li HL, Lu R, Mei G, et al. A study of serum lipid concentrations and apolipoprotein E genotype among patients with senile depression and alzhemier’s disease. Chin Gene Pract 2006; 9:106-108.
20. Yumei J, Lisheng S, Yan L. Apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms and serum lipid characteristics in depressive patients. Shanghai Archives of Psychiatry 2007; 19:326-330.
21. Wang XL, Wang XQ, Yuan YG. Association study between cognitive function and apolipoprotein E polymorphism in patients with late-onset depression. J Clin Psychiatry 2012; 22:387-389.
22. Zhang J, Shen XH, Qian MC, Sun JS, Zhong H, Yang JH, et al. Effects of apolipoprotein E genetic polymorphism on susceptibility of depression and efficacy of antidepressants. Acta Academiae Medicinae Sinicae 2012; 34:595-600.
23. Han YK, Li J, Zhang CH, Song JG, et al. Correlation between apolipoprotein E gene polymorphism and serum lipid levels in depressive patients after stroke. Chin J Gerontol 2013; 33:5230-5232.
24. Chen B, Wang XY, Miao MS. The molecular mechanisms of depression and characteristics of traditional chinese medicine treatment of depression. Chin Med J 2014; 29:212-214.
25. Namura I, Hishikawa Y. Cerebral damages in alcoholic patients visualized by MRI; with special reference to frontal atrophy, basal ganglia and white matter lesion. Nihon rinsho 1997; 55:288-298.
26. Rabe-Jablonska J, Szymanska A. Diurnal profile of melatonin secretion in the acute phase of major depression and in remission. Med Sci Monit 2001; 7:946-952.
27. Maes M, Smith R, Christophe A, Vandoolaeghe E, Gastel AV, Neels H, et al. Lower serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) in major depression and in depressed men with serious suicidal attempts: relationship with immune-inflammatory markers. Acta Psychiatr Scand 1997; 95:212-221.
28. Butters MA, Sweet RA, Mulsant BH, Ilyas Kamboh M, Pollock BG, Begley AE, et al. APOE is associated with age-of-onset, but not cognitive functioning, in late-life depression. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2003; 18:1075-1081.
29. Bertram L, Tanzi RE. The current status of alzheimer's disease genetics: what do we tell the patients. Pharmacol Res 2004; 50:385-396.
30. Stewart R, Russ C, Richards M, Brayne C, Lovestone S, Mann A. Depression, APOE genotype and subjective memory impairment: a cross-sectional study in an african-caribbean population. Psychol Med 2001; 31:431-440.
31. Niti M, Yap KB, Kua EH, Ng TP. APOE-epsilon 4, depressive symptoms, and cognitive decline in chinese older adults: singapore longitudinal aging studies. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2009; 64:306-311.
32. Xia Y, Sass C, Shen X, Siest G, Visvikis S. Associations of apolipoprotein E concentration and polymorphism with lipids and apolipoprotein levels in chinese from beijing and shanghai. Clin Chem Lab Med 2000; 38:655-659.
33. Han S, Xu Y, Gao M, Wang Y, Wang J, Liu Y, et al. Serum apolipoprotein E concentration and polymorphism influence serum lipid levels in chinese shandong han population. Medicine (Baltimore) 2016; 95:5639-5641.
34. Fan YY, Cai QL, Gao ZY, Lin X, Huang Q, Tang W, et al. APOE ε4 allele elevates the expressions of inflammatory factors and promotes alzheimer's disease progression: a comparative study based on han and she populations in the wenzhou area. Brain Res Bull 2017; 132:39-43.